Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Nhra Drag Racing

This weekend starts the NHRA season with the 47th anual Winternationals at Pomona.

For those of you who have never felt the thunder of 8,00hp blasting bye you are truley missing out, I shall endevour to give brother Mike a live accounting during the day..........

This weekend starts the NHRA season with the 47th anual Winternationals at Pomona.

For those of you who have never felt the thunder of 8,00hp blasting bye you are truley missing out, I shall endevour to give brother Mike a live accounting during the day..........

Personally, I rate drag racing amogst other sports that I will never understand (like baseball, cricket, etc.) I love to see those cars but I can't find any excitement in watching them race a short straight. Make them race at Spa and I will love it, though, specially the pile up at the first corner! :naughty:

Got a phone call from Bruce that was LOUD. I shall now make plans to see the drags next time they race at Pomona. I may take my 8 year old daughter there and indoctrinate her into the Church of Petrol.

I've never been a fan of drag racing, although I'm sure the spectacle of it is great (just like nascar)!

My old mechanic when I was in college is something of a BMW legend - wherever I took my car from then on people would ask if he had worked on my car - and this guy was a hardcore dragster guy! I suppose in the view of an engine mechanic, drag racing is the highest tier of mechanical know-how.

I'm sure the beer tasted pretty good there too, Bruce ;)

Personally, I rate drag racing amogst other sports that I will never understand (like baseball, cricket, etc.) I love to see those cars but I can't find any excitement in watching them race a short straight. Make them race at Spa and I will love it, though, specially the pile up at the first corner! :naughty:

Untill you have seen and felt 2 fuel cars going from zero to 300+ mph in a little over 4.5 secs. you probably wouldn't understand, it's a awe inspiring experiance...............

I've never been a fan of drag racing, although I'm sure the spectacle of it is great (just like nascar)!

My old mechanic when I was in college is something of a BMW legend - wherever I took my car from then on people would ask if he had worked on my car - and this guy was a hardcore dragster guy! I suppose in the view of an engine mechanic, drag racing is the highest tier of mechanical know-how.

I'm sure the beer tasted pretty good there too, Bruce ;)

Yeah the beer was ok, but the margarita's were better ;)

I live near Virginia Motorsports Park, and as of yet have not been. It took me seven years just to get out to Richmond International raceway, it'll probably be awhile til I can get some of my buds out to VMP.

Untill you have seen and felt 2 fuel cars going from zero to 300+ mph in a little over 4.5 secs. you probably wouldn't understand, it's a awe inspiring experiance...............

You are probably right. Yet is more about the experience of watching those monsters accelerate than a sport in the sense that there is really any ineterest on who wins, right?

You are probably right. Yet is more about the experience of watching those monsters accelerate than a sport in the sense that there is really any ineterest on who wins, right?

Wrong, wrong, wrong!! Big interest in who wins, the drama of who can put up a number(fast e.t., high speed) to beat or out qualifiy someone...........I wish you could watch it just once............

Wrong, wrong, wrong!! Big interest in who wins, the drama of who can put up a number(fast e.t., high speed) to beat or out qualifiy someone...........I wish you could watch it just once............

I wish that too because your enthusiasm is really contagious! :D