Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

British Gp: Practice, Qualifying & Race

Apologies for no commentary during this final practice session but I overslept after my prom!

Apologies for no commentary during this final practice session but I overslept after my prom!

Dont worry abou it. Ive been watching the footy and havent really been paying attention to the live timing anyway.

So Kimi is the faster of the Ferrari guys and Alonso is the faster of the Mclaren guys at the moment.

DC had problems with his rear wing it would like.

Hamilton holds Trulli up big time in his final lap, looks like the boy is a bit of a hypocrite too.

According to our (finnish) pitlane reporter Massa had on one of his stints wet tyres in front and normal hard tyres at the back same time. I don't know if this is really true but they speculated that Massa was finding out how long wet tyres last in dry weather... He also did one of his fastest laps with this setting :P

Now that's a weird thing. :blink: I don't think it's true,or at least it shouldn't be!they must focus on this weekend and the tyres they will use.They can't waste their time doing these strange experiments.

Im worried about Red Bull's pace. Also if i were a Honda fan i wouldnt be too happy as they also appear to be very slow.

It only makes it more embarrasing that Toro Rosso and Super Aguri are faster than Red Bull and Honda :eusa_think:

Now that's a weird thing. :blink: I don't think it's true,or at least it shouldn't be!they must focus on this weekend and the tyres they will use.They can't waste their time doing these strange experiments.

Luca Colajanni told that those tyres were for start and pit-stop practices.

Here are the full times from mornings practice session:

1. Kimi R

It only makes it more embarrasing that Toro Rosso and Super Aguri are faster than Red Bull and Honda :eusa_think:

Also the Toro Rosso is essentially the same car as the Red Bull only with fewer updates. There is no reason why the Toro Rosso's should be faster than the Red Bull's but for some reason they are.

Luca Colajanni told that those tyres were for start and pit-stop practices.

:eusa_think:

We should expect a close battle between Ferrari and Mclaren.(In theory,then practice is never the same)

And...things look good for Kimi! :)

Yeah and although RB will be faster than Toro Rosso imo I doubt Honda will beat Aguri...

Btw,don't Aguri have 3 or 4 points more than Honda?My memory is a bit blurred but I think that Sato has already got 4 or 5 points.

ITV's show has started. Amazingly they remembered that there are four British drivers.

ITV's show has started. Amazingly they remembered that there are four British drivers.

Coulthard has noted in a interview that he is only British when he is winning. When he isnt winning he is Scottish :D

Great driving from Anthony, hampered any chance Button had after quickly getting on track from the weigh bridge.

:nono1:

Button's out :lol::lol: ! Mostly thanks to Davidson's crash which he appeared to be warming his tyres up!

A parrot? :eusa_think::P

It looks like every person in Britain is on DC's Red Bull! Anybody know why :eusa_think: ??

They are on both cars and it is for charity - each picture represents someone who has donated

Commentry from the first session for anyone who comes and reads who has misses it:

First Qualifying Session:

Sutil 1:23.163 followed by Albers 1:23.160

Most don't take until the track until 12 minutes to go.

Fisi goes fastest with a 1:21.054 (GF, HK, VL, AW, RS,)

DC does second fastest with a 1:21.154 and Fisi improves to a 1:20.967.

Hamilton then takes 1st with a 1:20.274 and Webber goes second with 1:20.771.

Hamilton starts his next lap with a purple first and third sector; improves to a 1:19.885.

Raikkonen goes second with a 1:19.960 while Alonso goes fastest by half a second 1:19.330.

Button gets called into the weigh bridge which is a problem as he is in the drop zone and won't have much time to make changes before taking to his next lap.

Massa goes third with a 1:19.790.

Drop zone currently: Albers, Sato, Button, Sutil, Rubens and Davidson.

Davidson spins off into the gravel, double waved yellows in the final sector - anyone on a flyer has to slow down - setting you fastest final sector will get you penalised. Hampers the driver who let him through on his flyer - Button..

Out:

Albers, Sato, Sutil, Davidson, Button, Rosberg

Liuzzi is the fast man out and over the line, he does a 1:20.947 - he'll need to improve dramatically.

10 minutes to go and finally more drivers are out - both Toyotas, DC and Wurz... followed by Fisi, Webber, Kimi Speed... almost everyone out.

DC does a 1:21.006 which is quite slow in relative terms, Trulli does a 1:20.854 to go first but his team mate knocks him down the order with a 1:20.354. Webber goes second with a 1:20.424, Fisi first with a 1:20.294 but is immediately knocked off by Kimi with a 1:19.252.

Hamilton goes second with a 19.4 dead, look quite ragged

Alonso's on a flyer and sets the fastest lap with a 1:19.152 with the fastest first and last sector. Massa is the last of the Ferraris and Mclarens with a 1:19.421.

Currently in the drop zone: Wurz, Coulthard, Trulli, Liuzzi, Rubens and Speed.

The top 6 remain in the pits, that is both Mclarens, Ferraris and BMWs.

There is a last minute dash where almost everyone improves their time. The BMW of Heidfeld is lucky to make it through as he is bumped to 10th had Webber not made a mistake in the last sector he would have been out.

Knocked out: Liuzzi, Speed, Rubens, Wurz, DC & Webber.

I don't see how to separate both Ferrari & McLaren but I know 1 thing! 1 of the 4 drivers won't be on the podium! I'd say Alnoso won't!