Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperKimi

X-factor

Yep, it seems like it will be starting this coming saturday, the 18th.

What do people make of the show? I personally find the first few weeks a joke because they are going through the audition stage, and 75% of the people who turn up are absolutly rubbish.

I think it only gets good later on in the live shows.

What is X-factor? We don't get it here.

Singing contest, trying to think of a similar show in the US. I know there is one. Judges Louis Walsh, Simon Cowell, Sharron Osbourn and Danii Minogue

Singing contest, trying to think of a similar show in the US. I know there is one. Judges Louis Walsh, Simon Cowell, Sharron Osbourn and Danii Minogue

The US show is American Idol. Simon Cowell's also a judge on that one.

What do people make of the show? I personally find the first few weeks a joke because they are going through the audition stage, and 75% of the people who turn up are absolutly rubbish.

Really? for most people its the opposite, they prefer the first few weeks cos they're so funny!

I personally like all of it, i'm such a woman. Woohoo saturday night TV will be good again!

Off-topic, but, I love the first part of American Idol with the Sh#tty auditions, and hardly watch the live shows.

I only watch the live shows because it's supposed to be a TALENT show, not a trash show

T-Truthfully

A- Awfull

L- lame

E- Ear deafening

N- Nonsense

T- Trash

*shoots self*

Sorry but the XFactor is just lame, everything that the judges do is staged :P

Shows like that are rigged because they make money when the artist who wins sells albums (at least that's the case with the American one), so they pick who they think will sell the most, especially Simon Cowell, because that's his main job, picking artists who will sell for Sony, I think.

Sometimes a talented person wins, other times, well, it makes you doubt. Shane Ward anybody??

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but after seeing clips from American idol and America's got talent, there is a lot more trashy people that turn up to auditions than there are trashy people here if that makes sense

Yeah, there are a lot! They claim all the auditions are serious, but I would not be surprised that half of the trashy ones are just so that someone can get on TV and become well-known or even people payed by the show to make for good TV.

Yeah, most of the trashy people are

A- Stupid

B- Brave

C- Just desprate to get on the show and have there 15 seconds of fame.

:lol: Yeah. Me, Eric, my sister Jen, and our friends Brian, Lizzy, Tom, and Alex decided to have a bet and whoever was the biggest loser of the group would have to audition for American Idol wearing a Big Bird suit, but singing a Metallica song in opera-form. Tom lost, we're still waiting for him to go audition, I doubt he will.

Haha. I wonder what Simon "i wear my trousers up to high and i have enough money to buy the world" Cowell would make of that.

:lol: Yeah, Mr. Skin-Tight Black T-Shirt would probably ask if it was a serious attempt or not.

I think Eric and his friends made a short film once called "American Idol" and it featured him wearing a skirt singing and dancing to "Hips Don't Lie," and also him singing "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" and then beating up the guy who played Simon. It was really funny, it was 40 minutes long I think, the plot was basically some shy guy and a c#cky a##hole (Eric) ending up being friends and then going to the finals and stuff, it was hilarious though. They really need to get it on YouTube.

Off topic, I know, but we got this screacher of a winner one year:

Just listened to that now (couldn't before)

2 words.

Oh dear.

Just listened to that now (couldn't before)

2 words.

Oh dear.

:lol::lol: I know! When some lady screaching about having a kid when she was 16 is representing our country as our "big undiscovered talent," I think it says a lot about us as people (since we did vote) and about our overall talent level!

Same for this Shane Ward kid, he's dad's in prison, his mum is an alcholic and the other members of his family have been involved in crimes

Well, if he didn't do any crimes, then he's actually a good role model who overcame a lot of adversity.

However, if he did do crimes, then he is a bad role model.