Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Trully bad?

Trulli says that when he and sato touched at the start it wrecked something in the aerodynamics.

Alonso is far superior to Trulli, in their 17 races together Trulli has scored 35 points to Alonso's 61, with Alonso getting more of the bad luck.

i wasn't defending trulli i was just saying that contributed to a much slower day for trulli yesterday. I have no doubt Alonso is the better driver by quite some distance.

i think trulli provides a very good partner to alonso. although alonso has greater talent, trulli has no doubt pushed him to be where he is today.

f1 racing rated them the 2nd best driver pairing out of all the teams and it was interesting reading. it's not like you can find easy criticism of the pair as you can about ferrari's and william's pairing. alonso/trulli is like kimi/dc, only that dc's s##t in quali, good in race. and trulli's good in quali, s##t in race. the veterans both push the young guns.

come to think of it, in the days i've been folowing f1 i've yet to see 2 real guns in the same team pushing each other. ala senna prost etc like you vets have. ralf/monty came close in monty's debut year and button/jv was kinda inetersting for a midfield battle..

now who do we have to thank for this dire situation eh??

The last time we really saw two great drivers as teammates was with Senna and Prost in 1988 and 1989 at McLaren. Damon Hill and Prost in 1993 at Williams, and Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve in 1996 at Williams were other strong pairings, but you’re right it’s uncommon to see two great drivers in the same team, although in 2005 Kimi and JPM will be at McLaren so that should be interesting…

I sense another Prost-Senna battle between JPM and Kimi. There are some very interesting similarities between the two pairings.

shaun

What about Schumacher-Barrichelo? I think Barrichelo could be able to fight for the championship if he were in Williams, Renault or McLaren... In Ferrari there

Yet another Webber fan! It’s very difficult to tell how quick Webber actually is since all his teamates have been rookies. Lets give him a little longer to mature as a driver and if he beats a respected teammate we can confirm his genuine talent.

Yet another Webber fan!  It’s very difficult to tell how quick Webber actually is since all his teamates have been rookies.  Lets give him a little longer to mature as a driver and if he beats a respected teammate we can confirm his genuine talent.

yep and to give him a good team mate we will put him into a willaims or a renault. but to be honest now webber has betten two men in a better car with a better engine at most racese last yeat. these men is Button and also JV

in the driver's standings he may have beaten them (i think he tied with jb), but in terms of as a driver alone, it's pretty difficult to compare them without the same equipment... and you've have to be a pretty big webber fan to rate him higher than a former wdc i must say!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Webber is given a better car than his teammates, at the very least he will be given any new versions of equipment e.g. engine upgrades that his teammates are not given. At some races last year Webber was almost a second quicker than Pizzonia, who whilst testing at Williams was on the whole, close to Montoya and Ralf’s pace. Does this mean Webber is nearly a second quicker than Ralf and Montoya? I find this hard to believe and thus I think Webber is given a better car than his teammates. Either that or he is a sensational driver.

I think that this may be Trulli's last year if he cant match it with Alonso and it may clear the way for webber to enter the french foray in f1

i think it would be hard for that kind of info to be kept secret if webber was given overly preferential tretamement re parts and equipment if it was true.

no doubt he's better liked than any of his previous teammates, but thats just cos he's a sensational driver :wink:

in the driver's standings he may have beaten them (i think he tied with jb), but in terms of as a driver alone, it's pretty difficult to compare them without the same equipment...  and you've have to be a pretty big webber fan to rate him higher than a former wdc i must say!

i mean in 2003. were he scored mord points and finshed beter on most occonas.

NOJVNOF1

yes if MW was in JV's can it whould of still bronke down but ur forgetting the fact that webber did not finsh a race until the spanish GP and then had 2 or 3 DNF after that

I think that this may be Trulli's last year if he cant match it with Alonso and it may clear the way for webber to enter the french foray in f1

as long as Webber doers not go to ferrari. man i hate Ferrari, eanve if Webber goes there i might have to take Bruni as my #1 man

Mike Gasgoigne made some very interesting commetns last season when comparing Alonso to 'other drivers'. Basically he said that Alonso was a class act, as if there was ever an problem with the car, and say the car was off the pace by 2 tenths, then Alonso would consistently clock a time of 2 tenths off the pace. However he said that 'other drivers' in a very thinly jibe at Trulli would let the problem get to them psychologically and would end up 6 tenths or so off the pace.

I know some of the guys that worked with Trulli at Jordan, and they said that he was a bit of a psycho in that he would get really angry if things wereny happening for him and that it would effect his driving which would become very aggressive, thus increasing the likelyhood of something more mechanically happening to the car & slowing him even further.

One guy said, that there were one or two occasions when trully had mentally resigned from Jordan, that his treatment of the car was so erratic, that there were concerns for a time that he was actively trying to break the car (or at least no showing due care and attention) so as a lack of performance could be said to be due to poor reliability rather than poor driving. Though I am told that this lessened after frentzen was suddenly and unexpectedly sacked.

Mike Gasgoigne made some very interesting commetns last season when comparing Alonso to 'other drivers'. Basically he said that Alonso was a class act, as if there was ever an problem with the car, and say the car was off the pace by 2 tenths, then Alonso would consistently clock a time of 2 tenths off the pace.

Its said that Michael Schumacher is at least 2 tenths better than the car he drives, which makes him about 4 tenths quicker than Alonso!

Can't you add Alister, if the car is 2 tenths off the pace and Alonso is two tenths off the pace then he is as fast as the car will allow. If MS makes up 2 tenths then he is 2 tenths ahead not 4 tenths. Even then I don't think that is the point Gasgoigne is making, I think he means that if the car develops a fault worth 2 tenths, then Alonso is slower than he was by two tenths, whereas Trulli can be as much a 6 tenths as he (Trulli) was.

in the driver's standings he may have beaten them (i think he tied with jb), but in terms of as a driver alone, it's pretty difficult to compare them without the same equipment...  and you've have to be a pretty big webber fan to rate him higher than a former wdc i must say!

NOJVNOF1

yes if MW was in JV's can it whould of still bronke down but ur forgetting the fact that webber did not finsh a race until the spanish GP and then had 2 or 3 DNF after that

That's still not as many DNF's as JV had. JV only raced in 15 races and finished in 7 of them. That's not counting Austria and Germany where even though he finished, he had problems. In Austria he electronics failed after LAP 1 and in Germany he was hit by Wilson and thus his car was damaged, so in theory you could say he had 5 mechanically trouble free races. JV was mostly ahead of MW when he retired so he may have won on points, but in now way did he prove to be better than Jacques.

shaun

NOJVNOF1

That's still not as many DNF's as JV had. JV only raced in 15 races and finished in 7 of them. That's not counting Austria and Germany where even though he finished, he had problems. In Austria he electronics failed after LAP 1 and in Germany he was hit by Wilson and thus his car was damaged, so in theory you could say he had 5 mechanically trouble free races. JV was mostly ahead of MW when he retired so he may have won on points, but in now way did he prove to be better than Jacques.

shaun

dude the fact that JV's car broke down more that JB means that he drives to hard (like with that trull at jordan thing). and also JV was getting cut in the midseasion because he had more fule that JB in quli but chould not show people that because his car keept on breaking down. i cant be F*#ked checking if JV was relly in frount of Webber when he broke down so what i said in the sentance befour tells us that JV was behing Webber some of the times

NOJVNOF1

shaun

dude the fact that JV's car broke down more that JB means that he drives to hard (like with that trull at jordan thing). and also JV was getting cut in the midseasion because he had more fule that JB in quli but chould not show people that because his car keept on breaking down.

Firstly, that quote about driving too hard is bulls##t and you know it. I don't know why it broke down as often as it did, but fact is it broke down too many times for an F1 car. JV hasn't had so many DNF's before so why did they all come this year. The only year he had with heaps of DNF's was '99 but that car was made from lightened indycar parts It's not because of driving too hard. As for him getting cut, wouldn't you get frustrated by the fact you work your a## off all weekend and in testing, get a setup which will earn you points, whilst your teammate qualifies with next to no fuel. Then the car keeps breaking down, meaning the whole weekend is wasted and the strategy cant be utilised, thus everyone bags the s##t out of you by saying your teammate is a better and faster driver simply because his car lasted the distance. I'd be p**sed off to say the least. Don't check if you don't want to, I don't post lies here.

shaun

Can't you add Alister, if the car is 2 tenths off the pace and Alonso is two tenths off the pace then he is as fast as the car will allow.  If MS makes up 2 tenths then he is 2 tenths ahead not 4 tenths.  Even then I don't think that is the point Gasgoigne is making, I think he means that if the car develops a fault worth 2 tenths, then Alonso is slower than he was by two tenths, whereas Trulli can be as much a 6 tenths as he (Trulli) was.

Got it in one Nichoz..

Bottom line is, Trulli is a good driver, hes got real speed. But you need to be calm, incredibly calm under pressure to perform at the max. Like the Way Ross B talks about MS. Trulli lacks that internal discipline that would make him a consistent performer under pressure.