Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoda McFly

U.s. Weirdos: Cell Service?

So ... I've fired Verizon for my land-line service (gone to VoIP). My contract with Verizon for my cell service is almost up, ("Free at last! Free at last! Thank $DIETY, I'm free at last!"), so I'm soliciting suggestions on good cell providers.

Anyway, You Have No Service (as Eric would put it) is out. Doubly so since their merger with Sprint. Any recommendations? I've had bad experiences with AT&T, but my last experience with them was about 6 years ago. Cingular, no experience, so maybe they straightened American Telephone and Telegraph out...?

I'm leaning towards Alltel, just because of their (theoretical) "change your plan without re-upping your contract" offer ...

Dammit, re-regulation FTW!

:ph34r:

Alright homie.

Let's talk cell phones.

Verizon-I use Verizon. It's great in New England, outside it's iffy. Never used Verizon in California Rest In Peace, so I don't know. I use Verizon for my landline too...but I don't ever use my landline...

AT&T-DO NOT GET AT&T. Cingular was alright, but the minute they became AT&T they started sucking. You have no service. You have no service. You have no service. How about you tell me when I DO have service? Of course, I only have service when I'm taking a dump...fuunnnyyy...real funnyyy. Also, they claim to have the fewest dropped calls...I guess everyone got no dropped calls and I got all of them.

Alltel-Never used it, but they're on the verge of being bought by Verizon, so you might want to take that into consideration.

Pee Mobiler-aka T-Mobile...my friend has it, says it's awful.

Boost Mobile-Sprint for Gangstas. No.

Uhhh...basically, as bad as Verizon may be...it's the best option.

Verizon head-n-tails above Nextel/Sprint...........................

Verizon is what I've got. Truthfully, Master Yoda, I would just pick one at random and go with it. I've seen your luck with these things...whatever you choose will suck. ;)

Rumor has BT buying Sprint...maybe they'll improve then.

I'm not sure if its true...just read it on some NASCAR rumor page since the contract for Sprint allowed for only one name change, and BT would be a second name change...

Rumor has BT buying Sprint...maybe they'll improve then.

I'm not sure if its true...just read it on some NASCAR rumor page since the contract for Sprint allowed for only one name change, and BT would be a second name change...

Todays Us news says that Sprint are changing their CEO...

So would definatly don't take it....

Verizon is what I've got. Truthfully, Master Yoda, I would just pick one at random and go with it. I've seen your luck with these things...whatever you choose will suck. ;)

Hrm. Good point.

I should charge people to NOT switch to their service.

:naughty:

That depends. How much do you like t-mobile?

:snigger:

Well, if you like talking long distance and need to use two-way, Nextel is it. I can walky-talky with my co-worker downstairs (and do) and with my sister in law in Phoenix unlimited number of minutes for $10/month. I do pay for that with non-existing techsupport and frequent no service zones/areas. Also, the phones look antiquated. BUT, all my subcontractors and co-workers use'em, so it's convinient - when it works..

Well, if you like talking long distance and need to use two-way, Nextel is it. I can walky-talky with my co-worker downstairs (and do) and with my sister in law in Phoenix unlimited number of minutes for $10/month. I do pay for that with non-existing techsupport and frequent no service zones/areas. Also, the phones look antiquated. BUT, all my subcontractors and co-workers use'em, so it's convinient - when it works..

Sprint and Nextel have combined... and their CEO is getting fired...

but my friend told me he went to vermont and t-mobile had no connection...

So basically Yoda, Mike was right, it is just a gamble...