Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

The Boy Done Good

The cars look a little wierd...

Modifieds are open-wheel stock cars. They really started as real stock cars and you just took the fenders off. They've evolved away from that a little, but you don't have to go back too far to when they'd take the fenders off a Ford Pinto and have a mod right there.

I like modifieds, personally. I think they look good.

Modifieds are open-wheel stock cars. They really started as real stock cars and you just took the fenders off. They've evolved away from that a little, but you don't have to go back too far to when they'd take the fenders off a Ford Pinto and have a mod right there.

Are they much faster than the usual stock cars?

Are they much faster than the usual stock cars?

No. At my track, a mod will run just a hair faster than the Pro Stock division. But it's a hard comparison to make, since at a really small track, you can only go so fast. A NASCAR NEXTEL Cup car would hardly run any faster than the Pro Stock just because you can't go that much faster on a small track. If you took a modified out at a big track, the NEXTEL Cup car would be faster from what I understand.

Also, comparing it to a Pro Stock is hard to do because Pro Stock teams typically have less money than Modified teams, so the Mods are usually set-up better for that reason.

If you took the fenders off a Pinto you'd just have a more effective kind of bomb.

If you took the fenders off a Pinto you'd just have a more effective kind of bomb.

:lol:

Which made me realize that I hadn't clarified...they only used the body...they've got 600hp engines in them...

Yeah great, he's a local shoe for you, just like a thousand other shoes he'll never race in cup, well maybe once...............

Yeah great, he's a local shoe for you, just like a thousand other shoes he'll never race in cup, well maybe once...............

Awww...need a tissue? I'm sorry that the Patriots and the Red Sox are the best teams in sports and you can't handle it :D

No, he may never race Cup, but it's pretty cool to watch him try (and sometimes fail). I'd much rather see him go to EARL, as I've said many times, just because he's a midget racer and would do better there.

Awww...need a tissue? I'm sorry that the Patriots and the Red Sox are the best teams in sports and you can't handle it :D

No, he may never race Cup, but it's pretty cool to watch him try (and sometimes fail). I'd much rather see him go to EARL, as I've said many times, just because he's a midget racer and would do better there.

Good God, man, I thought you liked the guy! Going to the EARL will likely kill him.

Good God, man, I thought you liked the guy! Going to the EARL will likely kill him.

If Dario can survive those 2 flips in a row, I'm pretty damn sure EARL got safer.

This has nothing to do with the patriots or sox, there are hot drivers all over and they will never make it to the bigs.........

If Dario can survive those 2 flips in a row, I'm pretty damn sure EARL got safer.

No, Dario got lucky.

EDIT: Seriously, a roll-over these days is the safest sort of accident to have. More deadly are the lateral shunts, which the Injury League's chassis are especially sensitive to.

This has nothing to do with the patriots or sox, there are hot drivers all over and they will never make it to the bigs.........

I was just joking around. And yes, I do know that...although I suck, I am a racecar driver and I'm well aware me and my competition will never go anywhere...but I've seen something special in Santos. Time will tell.

I was just joking around. And yes, I do know that...although I suck, I am a racecar driver and I'm well aware me and my competition will never go anywhere...but I've seen something special in Santos. Time will tell.

I've seen special drivers also on the local level, unless they buy their ride it's goodnight Irene.

Perhaps...but I still feel the safety isn't as bad as it seems.

Yes it Is........Fuk the gIRL, I'd rather watch Star Mazda or Ford 2000

Yes it Is........Fuk the gIRL, I'd rather watch Star Mazda or Ford 2000

Waaah waaah waaah...some sport dissolves and now you go emo over it for the next 10 years...waaah waaah waaah.