Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoda McFly

No Vegas For Ccws In '08?

What the hell?

The schedule for next season has been officially published, and Vegas isn't on it ... I've not heard or read anything...

Anyone? :wacko::blink:

What the hell?

The schedule for next season has been officially published, and Vegas isn't on it ... I've not heard or read anything...

Anyone? :wacko::blink:

Where did you see the schedule?

This has been confirmed a while ago.

The company that was putting on the Vegas and Phoenix races had no money, hence the Phoenix race didn't happen, and now the Vegas didn't. Rumor is that KK wants to buy the race to bring it back in 09.

New on the CCWS schedule is Jerez and a return to Laguna-Seca (go to that one, Cali b#####ds).

The "official" schedule is subject to change; I've still heard Toronto will be replaced with Mosport (HELL ****ING YEAH!!!) and that Portland is gone (HELL ****ING NO!!!!).

Where did you see the schedule?

Bruce, there's still no direct link to the 2k8 schedule that I can find. Here is the link to the Sebring Spring Training (or whatever they're calling it now), and that page has the 2k8 schedule; it's on the right side, about halfway down.

This has been confirmed a while ago.

The company that was putting on the Vegas and Phoenix races had no money, hence the Phoenix race didn't happen, and now the Vegas didn't. Rumor is that KK wants to buy the race to bring it back in 09.

New on the CCWS schedule is Jerez and a return to Laguna-Seca (go to that one, Cali b#####ds).

The "official" schedule is subject to change; I've still heard Toronto will be replaced with Mosport (HELL ****ING YEAH!!!) and that Portland is gone (HELL ****ING NO!!!!).

Note that I posted this here rather than some CCWS forum. I have too many forums already, and so do all of my racin' discussion here. (Tho' I should probably change that). At any rate, from the things that I do read regularly enough, I hadn't heard about the schedule until watching Mexico City yesterday, when they ran it on the Obnoxio-Tron during the race, then "officially" listed it post-race; I did wonder about the removal of PHX during the year, though. Truthfully, wrote it off to the city's waffling on the noise issue.

KK can afford to buy at least Vegas, and I think he should. PHX, feh, whatever. For me, they're the same distance to drive, and given the choice, I'll do Vegas any time, for the "peripheral" stuff. (Cheaper flights to Vegas, too). Now, if my long-hoped-for move to AZ happens any time soon, then I may change my mind. Tho' Vegas still isn't a bad haul from PHX. :eusa_think:

Saw Jerez and cheered, as well as the Dry Lake. Truthfully, I'm already trying to set up plans (haven't mentioned this to Mike or Bruce yet, but consider yourselves in on this one ...) to get there. (Note, as always, that Long Beach is a <90 minute drive for me, Vegas or Phoenix are ~4 hours depending on traffic and Bear population, Laguna is ~7 hours... I've promised myself to not do Long Beach again, although my last time there was long ago, and under CART (during its death throes), so maybe it's worth trying again).

As far as Canada; Try to save Toronto (it doesn't suck), lose Edmonton and BRING ON MOSPORT!

As far as losing Portland ... I'm ambivalent there. It's really not that interesting of a track. If it's replaced with somewhere cool, then, sure, do it. If it's going to be dropped, leaving another hole in the calendar... Keep it, bishes. 'Though, there is much to be said for the tradition of the event.

I'm'a have to start reading CCWS forums, aren't I? Great. :wacko:

Bruce, there's still no direct link to the 2k8 schedule that I can find. Here is the link to the Sebring Spring Training (or whatever they're calling it now), and that page has the 2k8 schedule; it's on the right side, about halfway down.

Note that I posted this here rather than some CCWS forum. I have too many forums already, and so do all of my racin' discussion here. (Tho' I should probably change that). At any rate, from the things that I do read regularly enough, I hadn't heard about the schedule until watching Mexico City yesterday, when they ran it on the Obnoxio-Tron during the race, then "officially" listed it post-race; I did wonder about the removal of PHX during the year, though. Truthfully, wrote it off to the city's waffling on the noise issue.

KK can afford to buy at least Vegas, and I think he should. PHX, feh, whatever. For me, they're the same distance to drive, and given the choice, I'll do Vegas any time, for the "peripheral" stuff. (Cheaper flights to Vegas, too). Now, if my long-hoped-for move to AZ happens any time soon, then I may change my mind. Tho' Vegas still isn't a bad haul from PHX. :eusa_think:

Saw Jerez and cheered, as well as the Dry Lake. Truthfully, I'm already trying to set up plans (haven't mentioned this to Mike or Bruce yet, but consider yourselves in on this one ...) to get there. (Note, as always, that Long Beach is a <90 minute drive for me, Vegas or Phoenix are ~4 hours depending on traffic and Bear population, Laguna is ~7 hours... I've promised myself to not do Long Beach again, although my last time there was long ago, and under CART (during its death throes), so maybe it's worth trying again).

As far as Canada; Try to save Toronto (it doesn't suck), lose Edmonton and BRING ON MOSPORT!

As far as losing Portland ... I'm ambivalent there. It's really not that interesting of a track. If it's replaced with somewhere cool, then, sure, do it. If it's going to be dropped, leaving another hole in the calendar... Keep it, bishes. 'Though, there is much to be said for the tradition of the event.

I'm'a have to start reading CCWS forums, aren't I? Great. :wacko:

1: Link to Schedule

2: That dumb Maricopa sherrif dude, what's his name...Joe something?...the stupid guy who does stupid things for publicity wanted to park a tank in the middle of the track so the race wouldn't happen, so I never really believed this was gunna happen, but it has to do with First Data...if you recall, First Data tried to badge the Vegas GP under the VISA name and that basically ****ed up First Data and Champ Car...not really sure what happened.

3: Yeah, he can, and he most likely will, but he's waiting for his little lawsuit to be over.

4: Yep, Jerez is great...the Euro races always sell out, and that's keeping CCWS alive. I'd love for CCWS to come to the New Jersey Motorsports Park so I could go...for now I'm going to NASCAR @ Pocono in August for a nice long nap and ALMS @ Lime Rock.

5: Well, they're keeping Edmonton because of the fan friendliness and it being the only race in the area, and it wouldn't make sense to have a race in Toronto and a race in Mosport just a little further north.

6: I like Portland cuz it gives Hinch a chance to win! The rumor is it'll be replaced with a Portland street circuit, so I'm all for the permanent circuit. Now if they were replacing it with a US 500 at Michigan, then I'd change my mind in a heartbeat.

7: Yeah, I read the CCWS boards at SPEEDTV Insider, Motorsportforums.com, and Champ Car Fanatics/crapwagon.com...the last one's a pretty rad place.

7: Yeah, I read the CCWS boards at SPEEDTV Insider, Motorsportforums.com, and Champ Car Fanatics/crapwagon.com...the last one's a pretty rad place.

I used to follow crapwagon. I should re-start ...

I used to follow crapwagon. I should re-start ...

Yeah, it's decent...I find that no Champ Car forum has enough of the "good stuff" (rumors) on it...and all of them are from Robin Miller, so I just watch Windtunnel for my crap.

We'll probably go to Long Beach on Sat. watch Q. and the ALMS race, can't beat the price nor the expo.

Laguna is a strong poss. depends on the support races.

Yeah, I think I may make plans for a Saturday-only run for Long Beach ... The question is, do I start saving my spacebucks for the Super Photo Pass ...

b#####ds. Closest CCWS is to me is in Mont-Tremblant. Not exactly close.

And Indy goes to the Glen. and I know you guys hate Indy, but I enjoy it. It's just the cars are so sluggish on a road course I'd die.

ARCA at New Jersey Motorsports Park sounds good to me.

b#####ds. Closest CCWS is to me is in Mont-Tremblant. Not exactly close.

And Indy goes to the Glen. and I know you guys hate Indy, but I enjoy it. It's just the cars are so sluggish on a road course I'd die.

ARCA at New Jersey Motorsports Park sounds good to me.

I hate Indy because of the hypocrisy, money-grubbing and revisionism, along with King George's "my mommy and daddy have the biggest house in the neighborhood, so if you want to play it's with my toys and by my rules" attitude ... Because of that, I refuse to give him any more money. As for the drivers ... Well, we all worship the same gods of Speed... (And no, I don't mean Lardville's favorite son). :bag:

Truthfully, I wish I could get into the IRL, (and NASCAR for that matter) but I really dislike ovals (although, from the standpoint of making for broad-spectrum racing, I miss the glory days of CART with bullrings, superspeedways, NT road courses and street courses ... The "quadrathalon" of racing. :naughty: ). Damn. Where was I? Oh, yeah. An all- (or almost all-)oval series holds no interest for me. Ditto for watching cars that were designed specifically to be all-oval, suddenly being refitted for road courses. (Anyone remember the IRL's original mandates? "All-American and All-Oval" would sum it up pretty well...

Now that I care less and less about F1, it's getting tough, as a fan. Oh, well. V8s broadcasts are coming up... And CCWS has (apparently) survived another year.