Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Better Late Than Never I Suppose

Isn't that the same Tim O'Glock that raced for Jordan? By the way, hello Sylvia. It's all hocus pocus to me.

Oh yes, we have seen him before. Hats off to (Monza) Gorilla.

Did you seriously not know who Timo is?

Even though he has dazzled with his charming personality and incredibly monumental driving, he has somehow passed me by. Maybe he'll end up like that girl at school who nobody looked at at first because she was flat chested and wore glasses. Only when she flourished into a buxom blonde with nipples like Scania wheel nuts did the boys notice.

So, to answer your question. I knew that he had been in Formula One but i had forgotten where, yes.

Am i expelled?

Must admit, Timo doesn't strike me as a good move.

Indeed I've already read a quote when he has said Toyota is not quick enough. No doubt he's spot on but that's not really the way to impress his team.

Even Ralfie said that.

They've narrowed the gap to Ferrari at the recent tests...they got within less than 1 second!! :P

Toyota/Honda are two teams that really should do better what with their budgets/resources etc. I really would have thought Honda would have made major inroads by now considering that they actually were in F1 several times over the years - at least Toyota has that excuse. It just seems strange that for two marquees that do relatively quite well in other formulae, they suck the kumara so bad in F1. Is it the drivers, the engines, the chassis? A mix of everything? Would be good to see them up challenging for wins, but alas... Maybe Toyota should ditch their crappy livery for once and that might make them go faster....

They've narrowed the gap to Ferrari at the recent tests...they got within less than 1 second!! :P

Toyota/Honda are two teams that really should do better what with their budgets/resources etc. I really would have thought Honda would have made major inroads by now considering that they actually were in F1 several times over the years - at least Toyota has that excuse. It just seems strange that for two marquees that do relatively quite well in other formulae, they suck the kumara so bad in F1. Is it the drivers, the engines, the chassis? A mix of everything? Would be good to see them up challenging for wins, but alas... Maybe Toyota should ditch their crappy livery for once and that might make them go faster....

I think it's great personally. It would over simplify the sport if the solutions were all based on money. Clearly they are not.

It's not so much the money - more the resources those two teams have to draw on from a technical stand point. You can't produce that many road cars, be involved in so much other motorsport and not come up with a somewhat more than half decent F1 car. Renault manages/managed...ok, quite a bit of technical know how left over from Benetton to draw and continue from, but that is where a bit of money should actually close the gap for you.

There has to be something fundamentally wrong with Honda/Toyota for their erratic and often disappointing results. Maybe Ross Brawn can pull Honda in the right direction - time will tell. Just seems to me that if neither pull off some decent results soon, then the F1 field will be down to eight teams faster than Maure can say Hamilton is a toffee nosed upstart.

Lets hope that Timo helps Toyota - he is a good driver - he won GP2 afterall last season and was 4th in '06, so he is capable. I think he has a bit more fire in his belly to win than say Ralf did by the end of last season. And Trulli should be good in the "old hand" role.