Eric 0 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 You answers.1. I am working on it! 2. I am not trying that, as I heard they serve only pasta. I don't mind getting caught in Saudi or Dubai for that matter, I heard they serve, camel milk, meat and grilled chicken. Your answers. 1. Good. Design a mid-size sedan with decent performance but 40 highway mpg. Make it sexy. I'll start a car company and sell it. We'll split the profits 50-50. 2. I'd get caught, too. American prison...the highlight of their menu is McDonald's every Friday. Considering how bad McDonald's is, Saturday-Thursday must be a blast. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 Ferrari Rossa! Do you guys see that? They should have made that instead of the mickey mouse like California. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 Your answers.1. Good. Design a mid-size sedan with decent performance but 40 highway mpg. Make it sexy. I'll start a car company and sell it. We'll split the profits 50-50. 2. I'd get caught, too. American prison...the highlight of their menu is McDonald's every Friday. Considering how bad McDonald's is, Saturday-Thursday must be a blast. I know one guy who got caught and was enjoying his meals in Dubai prison, till one day the guard whiped him Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Eric 0 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 Ferrari Rossa! Do you guys see that? They should have made that instead of the mickey mouse like California. They should've badged my grandma's Buick as a Ferrari and called it the California. Even that'd be sexier. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 I love designing Midsize cars actually. But what are the examples of Midsize cars in America? Does America have Alfa Brera or 159? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 They should've badged my grandma's Buick as a Ferrari and called it the California. Even that'd be sexier. A guy who works for Pininfarina said the initial design was really pure Ferrari, but the marketing guys screwed it up by demanding some changes to be made. I heard that desingers and Marketing guys always have an uneasy relationship. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 http://i25.tinypic.com/256so79.jpg http://i32.tinypic.com/11hqnvk.jpg http://i30.tinypic.com/8wa7h0.jpg http://i32.tinypic.com/2u7x8ok.jpg http://i32.tinypic.com/152yy3d.jpg Includes Ferrari P 4/5 Scale model. Can you guys belive that they made a whole frreeakin scale model just to make one car for a customer from Cali? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Eric 0 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 I love designing Midsize cars actually. But what are the examples of Midsize cars in America? Does America have Alfa Brera or 159? No. We're getting the 8C and Mi.To (I want it!), maybe a few others in coming years. In America, we have the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Mazda6, Nissan Altima, Chevrolet Malibu, Ford Fusion, Pontiac G6, and Dodge Avenger are a few. The Altima is nice. The Japanese 2009 Mazda6 is nice, the American...not so much. I like the 2-door Accord (my wife has one), and the four door is a solid option. I'm not big on the Malibu's looks, but it's getting good reviews which is what GM needs...sort of. It needs gas mileage the most. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 No. We're getting the 8C and Mi.To (I want it!), maybe a few others in coming years.In America, we have the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Mazda6, Nissan Altima, Chevrolet Malibu, Ford Fusion, Pontiac G6, and Dodge Avenger are a few. The Altima is nice. The Japanese 2009 Mazda6 is nice, the American...not so much. I like the 2-door Accord (my wife has one), and the four door is a solid option. I'm not big on the Malibu's looks, but it's getting good reviews which is what GM needs...sort of. It needs gas mileage the most. Okay, 8C should be renamed as Killer Romeo than Alfa, Mi.to, forget it I saw it in flesh, it sucks, You will agree with me when you see it. Get a Mini, if you don't mind, get a diesel. Honda Accord is a midsizer in America, where as In India its an entrylevel midsizer. Did you see the new Lancer? How is it? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Eric 0 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 Okay, 8C should be renamed as Killer Romeo than Alfa, Mi.to, forget it I saw it in flesh, it sucks, You will agree with me when you see it. Get a Mini, if you don't mind, get a diesel. Honda Accord is a midsizer in America, where as In India its an entrylevel midsizer. Did you see the new Lancer? How is it? Alright, I'll take your word for it for now. I've seen the new Lancer. It's okay, a little too in-your-face for me. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 Alright, I'll take your word for it for now.I've seen the new Lancer. It's okay, a little too in-your-face for me. For example the wheels are not as big as you see in the pictures, instead it has something that looked like 13" but the one I saw was prototype with pressed steel wheel, but a guy who teaches me illustration saw the car undistinguished and confirmed about these wheel stuff. Anyways do wait till it comes to America. I would go for the Mini anyday. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Eric 0 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 For example the wheels are not as big as you see in the pictures, instead it has something that looked like 13" but the one I saw was prototype with pressed steel wheel, but a guy who teaches me illustration saw the car undistinguished and confirmed about these wheel stuff. Anyways do wait till it comes to America. I would go for the Mini anyday. Yeah. I'm very content with my Acura right now, and I highly doubt I'll be allowed to get a new car anytime soon. I'm a Volvo C30 guy, for that type of car. Not a big 29 mpg guy, though Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 17, 2008 Yeah. I'm very content with my Acura right now, and I highly doubt I'll be allowed to get a new car anytime soon. I'm a Volvo C30 guy, for that type of car. Not a big 29 mpg guy, though Does Civic hatchback styling seem too offending for you? just wanted to know. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Eric 0 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Does Civic hatchback styling seem too offending for you? just wanted to know. There is no Civic hatchback in the US. I do find the current Civic to be repulsive (the Indian one is slightly better than the American). I liked the old Si hatchback, though... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Argento Reloaded 1 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Tks Abbas! Ferrari Rossa, Ferrari 512 BB and the Pinifarina Modulo designed by Paolo Martin are spectaculars! The Rossa was designed by the same guy -japanese- designed the Enzo -I can Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Tks Abbas! Ferrari Rossa, Ferrari 512 BB and the Pinifarina Modulo designed by Paolo Martin are spectaculars! The Rossa was designed by the same guy -japanese- designed the Enzo -I can Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 There is no Civic hatchback in the US. I do find the current Civic to be repulsive (the Indian one is slightly better than the American). I liked the old Si hatchback, though... We in India like the American version! Because of the shep of headlights! But I started getting sick of Civics as they were all over the roads! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Reventon Launch. Trust me, all the cars are sold out, there is a picture of a helicopter carrying another car to the terace of the building exclusively for the press and VIP customers. http://i29.tinypic.com/11lprtx.jpg http://i26.tinypic.com/2q9j2fq.jpg http://i31.tinypic.com/k3ljba.jpg http://i27.tinypic.com/25ap255.jpg http://i30.tinypic.com/xmoa6s.jpg http://i26.tinypic.com/14nfp7p.jpg http://i25.tinypic.com/2jfwpj5.jpg http://i28.tinypic.com/24e2bmr.jpg http://i32.tinypic.com/xfvm7r.jpg http://i28.tinypic.com/xgbva.jpg Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Eric 0 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Again, very cool! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Argento Reloaded 1 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Tks a lot Abbas. I love the "new" Gallardo. The Reventon is worthles and obscene! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Tks a lot Abbas. I love the "new" Gallardo. The Reventon is worthles and obscene! I must agree, very few people agree with me about the fact that Reventon is just a marketing exersice, I hate it too. For that matter, I always loved Ferraris (except the New California) for its pureness. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Eric 0 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 I must agree, very few people agree with me about the fact that Reventon is just a marketing exersice, I hate it too. For that matter, I always loved Ferraris (except the New California) for its pureness. Thank you! I'm not a big fan of the Reventon myself. Too...edgy. Bleh. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Thank you! I'm not a big fan of the Reventon myself. Too...edgy. Bleh. Its again because of some nerds doing marketing in America. Trust me, Americans love classic looking cars, but some of them have so much power to spoil it all. Example, a marketing guy asks rich American guy ' do you like a car that looks like a fighter Jet?' 'the rich American asks his blonde (hired) girlfriend 'honey whats he talking about?' (hired) girlfriend replies 'oh yeah, he said that would be kewl!' They should ask a car enthusiast. Not the rich guy who doesn't even know how to engage reverse. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Eric 0 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Its again because of some nerds doing marketing in America. Trust me, Americans love classic looking cars, but some of them have so much power to spoil it all. Example, a marketing guy asks rich American guy ' do you like a car that looks like a fighter Jet?' 'the rich American asks his blonde (hired) girlfriend 'honey whats he talking about?' (hired) girlfriend replies 'oh yeah, he said that would be kewl!' They should ask a car enthusiast. Not the rich guy who doesn't even know how to engage reverse. Yeah. They should ask ME. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted June 18, 2008 Yeah. They should ask ME. they would end up looking like nascars. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites