Oli 1 Report post Posted March 9, 2009 Apparently everybody except me has seen this film, but if you haven't, then do so. It's a 3-hour epic, but thoroughly worth seeing, if just for the amazing footage of Spa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_(film) Annoyingly there's no Nurburgring footage, but I guess I can't be too picky. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Rainmaster 7 Report post Posted March 9, 2009 Yes, an amazing film indeed. What is that great quote, something like 'when I see an accident, I put my foot down' and the other one 'To be a racing driver, requires a certain lack of imagination'. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pumpdoc 2 Report post Posted March 9, 2009 Anyone ever seen this film? I watched it last night. It's a 3-hour epic, but thoroughly worth seeing, if just for the amazing footage of Spa.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_(film) Annoyingly there's no Nurburgring footage, but I guess I can't be too picky. You are just now seeing this? What, you live in a cave? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Oli 1 Report post Posted March 9, 2009 I figured plenty of people would have seen it, but I thought it might be worthwhile mentioning for those who haven't. I just did a straw poll of my office and out of 35 people not one has even heard of it, so it isn't that famous. Of course none of us are over 30.......maybe there's a connection...... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
The Rumble Strip 0 Report post Posted March 9, 2009 No, over 30, heard of it and never seen it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pumpdoc 2 Report post Posted March 10, 2009 I figured plenty of people would have seen it, but I thought it might be worthwhile mentioning for those who haven't. I just did a straw poll of my office and out of 35 people not one has even heard of it, so it isn't that famous.of course none of us are over 30.......maybe there's a connection...... Wow! I remember when the movie came out and Popular Mechanics came out with a "How they did that" article on how they used air cannons to force the cars off of the track. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Oli 1 Report post Posted March 10, 2009 There's a making of documentary on the other disc which I haven't watch yet. Sounds interesting though- I'd love know how they filmed the spectacular Monaco bits. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pabloh20 1 Report post Posted March 10, 2009 I figured plenty of people would have seen it, but I thought it might be worthwhile mentioning for those who haven't. I just did a straw poll of my office and out of 35 people not one has even heard of it, so it isn't that famous.Of course none of us are over 30.......maybe there's a connection...... Yeah, they probably keep showing it at the same time as American Idol or something Wow! I remember when the movie came out and Popular Mechanics came out with a "How they did that" article on how they used air cannons to force the cars off of the track. That sounds so cool! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites