Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lewisthegreat2

Touring Cars On Us Tv

Do you love Aussie V8s?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Multi-choice, select them all!

• Yes
    • Yes

Sorry for starting a thread aimed at a very limited audience, but...

The Australian V8 Supercar Championship will be aired on SPEED TV in 2010. Races will be shown one week from when they are actually run. Leigh Diffey is expected to be joined by NASCAR and former Aussie V8 driver Marcos Ambrose for the commentary.

Details and stuff

Also, I can't confirm it, but Racer magazine is suggesting that most Saturdays in December and January, DTM and BTCC will be shown. One hour for each. SPEED's website suggests otherwise, so I don't know (Racer is owned by SPEED, so...). First listing is December 5 at noon eastern. DTM round one followed by the BTCC first round at 1.

Goodbye, NASCAR. You serve no purpose now. Real full-fendered racing is back on US TV!

You should do something about that thread's title. I keep reading "Touring cars on us transvestites"

Or maybe you shouldn't. You know better.

Oh, on topic: ermm...what?

DTM, BTCC and Australian V8 Supercar racing would be a welcome relief to the cold winter and the endless drivel typically shown on SPEED. I hope your information is correct.

As for other posts here, I seem to recall that there is something in the rule book preventing transvestites from competing in the Aussie Supercar series; however, they are not only allowed but encouraged to race in the DTM.

Oh, I'm going to pay for that.

Isn't that KONI Challenge series a form of touring cars??

Maybe. I'd say it is, but they have Porsche GT3s in there, so that makes them something of a sport-touring combo. SPEED GT is a touring series....well, kind of, it has an SLR McLaren in it so that makes it something of a sport-touring combo. Well, we have NASCAR, those are touring cars...no, wait, those are just boring cars ;)

Watched the start of the DTM and BTCC series on SPEED this weekend thanks to our friend Eric. It was good to see so many familiar drivers again and Brands Hatch has always been a great course for the touring cars. I'll try to keep up with it and have high hopes for the Aussi V8 cars early next year. Thanks again, Eric, for bringing this to our attention.

Glad you watched and enjoyed! I did, too, and hopefully everyone else with SPEEDTV did to convince SPEED we need more awesome programming and less Texas Hardtails or whatever that show was (I'd rather watch the Steve Harvey Show than that, and the Steve Harvey Show is SO good that the only section in it's Wikipedia article is about how TBS decided to show it instead of the ALCS Game 6 between my Mighty Boston Red Sox of Allah and the Wimpy Tampa Bay No-Longer-Devil-Cuz-That-Might-Give-Kids-The-Wrong-Idea Rays of Satan...it was probably the most important day of Steve Harvey's life because it was the only time anyone ever watched his show). Anyway.

BTCC is fantastic.

I like Rob Collard's style. Giovanardi, too. Plato's fun to watch, too.

The DTM wasn't as good, but still interesting; I thought Ekstr

Aussie V8's are confirmed...they're all getting their undies in a knot over here over the racing going out to 80-mil people. But you may be right Eric....they'll show up NASCAR at most tracks in terms of racing, but some are still bore fests (like our race here at Hamilton with its er um er um er zero overtaking spots), though you'll get Bathurst and get to watch 8-hours of funtastic racing and crashing and kangaroo hitting.

For those with SPEED, Aussies are on Sunday at 1 Eastern.

Sounds like they modeled Hamilton after another Kiwi...Scott Dixon :P

(Admittedly, I actually like Scott, and his wife).