Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mercedes W05

one of the better-looking ones, although i've read that they've incorporated the camera-mounts into the aerodynamics on the nosecone which might not actually be allowed.

Also I wonder if it will be hard to distinguish a mclaren from a mercedes, as they've both gone with silver

Well hopefully Mclaren has some sort of a sponsor that will add some more color but I heard they arnt.

I heard the director shareholders did not take dividends and ploughed this money back into the team instead. This is a substantial chunk of dosh, by all accounts.

Well done to Messrs Dennis and Oujeh (or however you spell his name).

Rosberg is no longer racing his canary yellow colors ! Noooooooooo :

NR.jpg

Seriously, the SOB could look at becoming a model if this F1 thing doesnt work out , some guys have it all.

his new helmet is dull I think.

Why are both merc boys being turned into catalogue posers, what is this sport becoming!

Lol, nico could find a place in a boy band if all else fails, he would fit in with Take That or backstreet boys.

Remember what Nico looked like when he first came into f1 though, and the other drivers nicknamed him Britney. He's come a long way!

post-498-0-41683400-1391083399.jpg

He is a very underrated driver IMO, the modern day Heinz-Harald Frentzen.

I think he's under-rated, STILL. Pundits talk about the 'big 3' of Lewis, Alonso, & Vettel.

But Lewis was pretty evenly matched with Rosberg, and got beaten many times by Jenson in their time together.

Nico scored a couple of really good wins last year and yet still people see Hamilton as being the top dude at mercedes. Not this year my friends! Nico will come out on top.

That's what I mean, I got ticked of when he was told to hold station behind Hamilton, when he was clearly alot faster. He has matured very nicely since leaving Williams and I Beleive could be a genuine title contender if he can hold it together over the entire season. Not often that second generation drivers or related drivers are quick or there on there own merit, but Rosberg holds his own just fine.

Yea he's fast and a good racer. In early 2013 he had a couple of unlucky DNF's and without them may have finished above Lewis in the standings.

Lewis is generally better in qualifying but to be honest I don't think anyone out there could outqualify Lewis consistently, he's probably the fastest qualifier out there along with Seb. I expect a close battle and i wont be surprised at all if Nico outscores him in 2014.

In my view the "big 3" were Vettel and Alonso and Kimi pretty evenly matched. Lewis didn't rank anywhere in my opinion. So you guys are right in the sense that Nico is evenly matched with Lewis, but Lewis is not a top 3 driver at the moment, whether he's got a good car or not. Too many distractions and I just don't see the hunger in him to properly focus.

In my view the "big 3" were Vettel and Alonso and Kimi pretty evenly matched. Lewis didn't rank anywhere in my opinion. So you guys are right in the sense that Nico is evenly matched with Lewis, but Lewis is not a top 3 driver at the moment, whether he's got a good car or not. Too many distractions and I just don't see the hunger in him to properly focus.

Yeah that's right, if lewis can focus on what he has spent his whole life to achieve and not focus on something he has done for 5 mins, he would neally be unbeatable IMO.

The weird thing about Hamilton is that his strongest season to date was probably 2007, his rookie year!! Has never since found that level of consistency.

Of second gen drivers, Nico is still missing that WDC thing...

Graham and Damon Hill; both WDC

Gilles and Jacques Newtown; should have won in 76 (??), got damn close anyways, and rebel junior clinched it (got damn close to losing it - some sort of symmetry there with Pop's)

Keke and Nico Rosberg; smoker, moustachioed and drove round Pukekohe raceway like a demon in a Ralt Atlantic, went on to win the WDC. Junior, whilst I rate highly doesn't seem to have that certain edge as Pappy had.

What other Dad and Son combo's were there?

Ralf was Michaels son wasn't he???

Mario and Michael Andretti?

The Magnussens.

The Nakajimas.

Good feedback...wasn't going to mention Jan and Kev-mate yet, since Kev-mate hasn't done diddly yet to be allowed to say he is good, bad, or indifferent.

Soooo....

Mario and Michael: An amazing driver, could drive anything, and was a very personable and well like fellow, and he triumphed in more than one category of racing, and in F1, in more than one team. Mick, on the other hand, thought he could just fly over every race weekend, get in the car, and drive having expected the team to have set the car up for him. Wasn't helped by the crappy engines McLaren had at the time, but his whole work ethic sucked, and trying to live on the other side of the Atlantic was never going to work in the early 90's. Pappy managed it, because back then, you raced every weekend, in pretty much anything you could get you hands on. Mario the Great, Michael the Small.

The Nakijima's: Can't say I can say much off the top of my head for these two likely sushi conniseurs (like me tongue.png ). Daddy, Satoru drove the lovely Camel Lotus'. The Camel Lotus was the first car I ever really paid attention to in Formula One. I think up until that stage, F1 was only highlights on TV in NZ bundled together at the end of the month (though not far off getting full race coverage which started in 1990), and fit around the All Blacks trouncing the Wallabies in the Bledisloe Cup. Up till then, I was more interested in going to watch Formula Pacifics race around Pukekohe than being an avid follower of F1 (wasn't too much to follow, obviously). Junior, otherwise known as Kazuki, made a go of it with Williams. That's about all I can remember of him, as he was that influential on the racing. Final scores, Senior amassed 16 points (when points were very hard to get), and had a single fastest lap. Junior scored 9 points, when points were much easier to get, and didn't get any fastest laps (or anywhere near if we are being honest).

Nice anorak knowledge I like it! And admire it.

There must be more father/son combos out there. Did Emerson Fittipaldi's son ever get an f1 drive?

No I'm thinking of his nephew Christian.

Jack brabham and son David, who's wasnt really to crash hot in open wheelers, but quite successful in sportscar racing. Jack on the other hand, Australia's most sucesful f1 driver.