Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Button Getting His B@tt Kicked....

Button was always another Webber, doesnt have the x-factor. Had his only world championship given to him by a car that was so superior he couldn't lose.

I'm guessing from your avatar/sig that you also think Seb had his titles given to him by the best car? Mansell had a dominant car, as did Villeneuve, Schumacher (in 01, 02 & 04), Hakkinen, do they all not deserve their titles either?

I respect your opinion but in F1 I don't think 'he only won cos he had the best car' is ever valid, whoever we're talking about. It's still a long hard season and you have to get the job done. You also have to beat your team-mate and Button had a very good team-mate who did not do anywhere near as good a job as Button whilst the car was superior. In the second half of '09 the RBR was the best car and Brawn/Jenson had a major fight on their hands, but he still brought in enough points and won the title with a race to spare, after a world class drive in Brazil (admittedly after a pants qualifying).

He didnt crash once except when Grosjean ploughed into him at Spa, no spins, no mistakes. He's the 2009 champ!

I'm guessing from your avatar/sig that you also think Seb had his titles given to him by the best car? Mansell had a dominant car, as did Villeneuve, Schumacher (in 01, 02 & 04), Hakkinen, do they all not deserve their titles either?

I respect your opinion but in F1 I don't think 'he only won cos he had the best car' is ever valid, whoever we're talking about. It's still a long hard season and you have to get the job done. You also have to beat your team-mate and Button had a very good team-mate who did not do anywhere near as good a job as Button whilst the car was superior. In the second half of '09 the RBR was the best car and Brawn/Jenson had a major fight on their hands, but he still brought in enough points and won the title with a race to spare, after a world class drive in Brazil (admittedly after a pants qualifying).

He didnt crash once except when Grosjean ploughed into him at Spa, no spins, no mistakes. He's the 2009 champ!

Yeah I'm being pretty harsh but the Brawn was like the Mercedes. And imo anyone who doesn't have to fight off another team for a championship doesn't deserve the recognition owed to one who does. Beating your team mate should only be half the battle, and the fans don't care.

This is why the rules need to make the sport more homogeneous. Limit total down force, simplify some of the bs regulations and make it more driver oriented etc.

And yes, Vettel won because of his car. Now his car sucks and a rookie is handing his *** to him.

Whether Jenson retires/goes to drive somewhere or get Pushed out, he's finished by the end of the season.

Bye Button ! byebye.gifbyebye.gif

Whether Jenson retires/goes to drive somewhere or get Pushed out, he's finished by the end of the season.

Bye Button ! byebye.gifbyebye.gif

I don't think so. He is still one of the fittest guys out there with a ton of experience and nous. Of all the youngsters that have shown early promise only DR has persisted. Bottas is decent, K-mag a little too scruffy for me, Perez is OK and the Hulk has almost got his slippers on by the fire. Vettel is a one-trick pony by all accounts, Alonso is no quicker than JB in real terms. Lewis and Ricciardo are the best pure racers in the field. Ron Dennis talks out of his arse most of the time. He's done nothing for the team this year except p**s them off.

I don't think so. He is still one of the fittest guys out there with a ton of experience and nous. Of all the youngsters that have shown early promise only DR has persisted. Bottas is decent, K-mag a little too scruffy for me, Perez is OK and the Hulk has almost got his slippers on by the fire. Vettel is a one-trick pony by all accounts, Alonso is no quicker than JB in real terms. Lewis and Ricciardo are the best pure racers in the field. Ron Dennis talks out of his arse most of the time. He's done nothing for the team this year except p**s them off.

Man your knowledge is amazing, just the way your point comes accross, can't be explained, it's like you jump in my head. But I only have one thing I disagree with you about and it's only to now that this has happened. I think in my opinion, Alonso is the fastest out there and has been for some time now. Hamilton, yes has blistering natural speed and I to have seen the same driving/attack style in ricciardos driving to. It's on the raggered edge but still in control, Schumacher was imo the closest to senna in this sense and it was clearly seen on his benetton and ferrari days. Only very few drivers can drive like this all the time. Senna could do it, and I Beleive these three posses the same natural pace and driver control as senna, just havnt reached Senna's level of this particular style of driving and I doubt anyone will. The reason I Beleive is simple, ayrton has driven like this from day dot, others notice the style and try to adapt, some pull it of, others only can at certain times. No youngster yet that has come trough has possed these senna like qualities down to a "T".

Man your knowledge is amazing, just the way your point comes accross, can't be explained, it's like you jump in my head.

kiss.gif

Obviously McLaren made a mistake in letting go Perez and keeping Button. Should have been the other way around.eyebrow22.gif

Obviously McLaren made a mistake in letting go Perez and keeping Button. Should have been the other way around.eyebrow22.gif

Heck no.

Mclaren should bring Kimi back and give him a decent car.

Bah kimis finished, I read today he WANTS to retire at the end of next season. So I think Ferrari have had a word with him already.

Kimi didn't explicitly say he wanted to retire.

“Until my contract is finished and then I will probably stop. That is what I think is going to happen,”

Kimi may re-extend his Ferrari contract which ends at the end of 2015, or he may leave F1. This is Kimi, so we have no idea what he will do. But he did not say he wants to retire, rather that at this point, he will probably stop once his contract expires.

Who knows, McLaren might entice him to come back for a stint, Ferrari might want to extend his contract espeically is Alonso leaves as we all think he will. Ferrari might want him to stick around if they sign up the Hulk or Bianci.

At the end of the day, Kimi will do what Kimi does. We can only hope and wait. And if he leaves F1, I will be devastated, but also know it's his decision. Finns never stick around in F1 for long. Not like the Brazilians and others who stay so long they are essentially kicked out, and then wind up in a back marker team only to get then get dropped from there as well.

Kimi may re-extend his Ferrari contract which ends at the end of 2015, or he may leave F1. This is Kimi, so we have no idea what he will do. But he did not say he wants to retire, rather that at this point, he will probably stop once his contract expires.

Who knows, McLaren might entice him to come back for a stint, Ferrari might want to extend his contract espeically is Alonso leaves as we all think he will. Ferrari might want him to stick around if they sign up the Hulk or Bianci.

At the end of the day, Kimi will do what Kimi does. We can only hope and wait. And if he leaves F1, I will be devastated, but also know it's his decision. Finns never stick around in F1 for long. Not like the Brazilians and others who stay so long they are essentially kicked out, and then wind up in a back marker team only to get then get dropped from there as well.

As a religious Kimi fan I hope this situation improves because this season is freaking torture.

I honestly think he won't have an option to resign with Ferrari, if they have to choose between kimi and fernando to resign, it won't be kimi and I honestly Beleive seb will end up there quite shortly weather he partners fernando or not, he will be a Ferrari driver.

Massa sat in that seat for years, Y..E..A..R..S !!!! So ANYTHING is possible when it comes to Kimi. Kimi get's on really well with Mattiacci. I still think Alonso will leave before he does. Whether Vettel winds up there or not we'll see. I believe RBR will get their act together alot quicker than Ferrari. Thus what's the motive to goto Ferrari for Vettel? It would only make sense if Horner leaves, Newey leaves and then at that point he sets off to another team. But even with Newey taking a step back from F1, he's still there.

Yeah but they had a soft spot for felipe, well they must of if he stayed there for as long as he did, not sure about kimi though and up to this point, IMO isn't doing as well as felipe did, but different era and spec of cars though. As for Vettel, he has always stated he wants to drive for Ferrari and with Daniel forcing seb to eat his own shorts every weekend, I think that possiblity is closer than we think. But your righ though, who bloody knows. They way they think is not normal.

Your dreaming lol. He very well might go to Mclaren that's seems quite possible at this stage and alonso seems to be getting a tad frustrated at Ferrari, but yet still delivers incredible results every race. Motivation wise, you would think alonso's is alot less compared to kimis ATM. Kimi won't win another title mate.

Your dreaming lol. He very well might go to Mclaren that's seems quite possible at this stage and alonso seems to be getting a tad frustrated at Ferrari, but yet still delivers incredible results every race. Motivation wise, you would think alonso's is alot less compared to kimis ATM. Kimi won't win another title mate.

:(

Mattiacci: Raikkonen will return to being a great

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/07/05/mattiacci-raikkonen-will-return-to-being-a-great/

This is not the first time Mattiacci has said positive and supporting statements about Kimi. Kimi's seat is safe for 2015 and if Kimi wants to continue after that, I feel he'll be allowed to. Thus it's up to him. If the 2015 car is another dog, then most likely he will retire and call it a day, but if it's a good car then who knows.

I agree Vettel wants to goto Ferrari, but right now is not the right time. Mattiacci comments he's going to be giving Allison more freedom to design. But we might not see the fruits of this for 2-3 years. By then I imagine all the old deadwood will be removed from the team. Alonso will also be gone as well. I still think he's going to McLaren next year anyway.

I don't think silverstone's silly mistake did him any justice either. Not when your teammate qualifies ahead of you again even though it was 18th or 19th or something shocking like that he claws his way to 6th. That mistake was unbeleivable, for starters, yeah running wide I can understand but to not know there is a ditch in the grass there just before going back onto the circuit blows my mind. Is he p155ed when he does his circuit walks or does he even do them at all? Because quite frankly I would look for certain things like that and iam just a karter. Iam not having a go, I was just mind blown at such a silly mistake.