Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Rival Teams After Vettel?

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/07/23/red-bull-rivals-targeting-vettel-claims-marko/

Could this be what seb is after? I can't see him leaving rb unless its for Ferrari, but the silver arrows and the whole German thing might be to tempting. This also possibly answers one question we wanted to know and that's if Marko isn't pulling our leg.

Musical chairs, putting the best negotiating tools in place, all normal stuff. But Mr Newey is more interested in making machines quick in the wet (boats, not condoms) so Merc for Vettel might make a great deal of sense with Merc on the rise. Und der Silver Arrows vud rul vons aken, yah?

Und der Silver Arrows vud rul vons aken, yah?

And why is your hovercraft full of eels?

Puzzling.

If its true, This is the "top driver" Mclaren have been after, Alonso was the decoy. Maybe Fernando is staying put and the actually driver market revolves around seb instead. Hmmm quite interesting.

Vettel isn't a McLaren-type driver. In fact, he has nowhere to go in my opinion. He is used to No.1 status and that is not on offer anywhere among the top teams. Merc would be crazy to let Lewis go and he will not move backwards, certainly not to what will essentially be an experimental car. Let's look at thing this way - where would JB go? He definitely has a contract in his pocket for 2015. I am certain of it. The question is where? I think he will stay at Macca for 2015 [they won't pay FA or SV to do dev work] and ship to Williams in 2016.

Sounds quite legit, I can't see Vettel as a Mclaren driver either, but then again I never pictured kimi a Ferrari driver either.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Hamilton's contract negotiations. MGP say they want to lock him in for the long term, but my suspicion is that they are renegotiating the deal in light of Rosberg's competitiveness.

I believe MGP thought they needed Hamilton to win the WDC. They know now that they do not, so a pay cut is in order.

I think Vettel will stay where he is, unless the Renault PU remains uncompetitive.

In short, I do not think the silly season will be all that silly, the only major change I foresee with my crystal ball is Raikkonen to make way for Bianchi.

You read quite often that every driver wants to race for Ferrari at some stage in his career, but surely that is no longer the case?

I don't think performance really has anything to do with the lure of Ferrari, I mean it would once your there but just to sign that deal is all they want. Look at Jean Alesi, classic example. Williams and Ferrari wanted him, he chose Ferrari full aware of what gap there was between them and Williams, he just wanted to drive for Ferrari. Bet when he saw how competitive Williams was over the span of his Ferrari career, he wished he went blue instead of red.

This season's silly season is a very long one. Does anyone's contract actually run out this year, other than Jenson?

Not that I can think of, but that doesn't stop them.