Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Where Will Ricciardo Be In 2016?

So it seems ricciardos on the market after this season. Rumours have been going round he has signed for 2016 and beyond but I can't see that happening with options that could be available. Could he be eyeing up kimis seat?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/525151/Ricciardo_not_committing_to_Red_Bull_yet/

You think so? IMO he would be mad to do so, especially with there continuous "leaving f1" threats.

On another note, here's sebastian Vettel disguised as the stig after his frustrating 2014 campaign

tumblr_njualmAOQ01ttw6kxo2_500.gif

Why would he want to go for ferrari anyways. ?

They arent gonna win championship.

I want to see him in a McLaren or a Mercedes and win championships.

I believe that he has more options and that they are tempting, cause he proved himself last year! He may stay in Red Bull, but he is probably thinking his options too!

It's a tricky situation. Ricciardo did an extraordinary job last season but not this one. This hurts him because it is too short a period of excellence. To make matters worse, it seems that Vettel helped him out by performing significantly worse than he is. Summing up, Ricciardo might not be as good as we would like him to be.

And "might not be" speaks of the future and that's what you purchase when you sign up a driver.

Then, there is the market.

Mercedes has locked itself with a self-inflicted jujitsu move. Those guys will crash hard sooner or later. Better later, but still. They'll choke themselves unless the change the way they work. Lauda, for instance, must go fvck himself asap.

Ferrari is now past the honeymooning period and, in any case, would be a strange destination. Why pair Vettel and Ricciardo again? It almost makes more sense to replace Vettel and that is unlikely. If Ferrari is to remain good enough but not quite there (as it seems), Vettel is the guy for the job. Sadly for me, so is Kimi.

Williams could be the option. Massa is dead weight. If the team finally makes the move from amateur to professional (as it was once), they will need drivers like Ricciardo. Bottas has shown enough grunt at times. The Aussie can help the team raise to the next step.

Despite its problems, RBR remains a good option. I would argue that it remains the top choice for Ricciardo.

I like the man and wish him well.

Is doubt it Maure, he is consistantly out performing that car this season and his overtaking moves we have seen especially in Spain proove he is not a splash in the pan. I don't think anyone out there could extract more out that heap of junk than he is ATM. If he came in the market I Beleive any big team would move heaven and earth to get his signature. He is a future world champion, he is hungry as hell and IMO is doing a top job given what he has. If he had an intrest in Ferrari I bet my bottom dollar seb will try anything he can to persuade Ferrari signing him, Williams does sound a good choice but would he fear a repeat of what happened to webber? I also honestly think merc would get rid of lewis before nico for marketing purposes so it puts alot of thoughts in the air doesn't it?

Well maybe Vettel's poor performance last year made Ricciardo look better than he is, but on the other hand he beat both Mercedes drivers three times, and not sure how many times just one of them in race !

Those results speak for themselves!

The way I see it though, Vettel spent years at Redbull and winning 4 titles he would have had the whole team behind him. First to get improvements and upgrades to the car before daniel and yet daniel smoked him. Dan did an incredible job and is continuing to do so this year despite the fact the car is cactus. He has already 20 points more than kvyat. His overtaking so far prooves he still has it.

It's a tricky situation. Ricciardo did an extraordinary job last season but not this one. This hurts him because it is too short a period of excellence. To make matters worse, it seems that Vettel helped him out by performing significantly worse than he is. Summing up, Ricciardo might not be as good as we would like him to be.

What are you on about? he is 7th in the championship behind Merc Ferrari and Williams. His team mate is 15th and has 1/5 the points!

Mercedes has locked itself with a self-inflicted jujitsu move. Those guys will crash hard sooner or later. Better later, but still. They'll choke themselves unless the change the way they work. Lauda, for instance, must go fvck himself asap.

How exactly?

Ferrari is now past the honeymooning period and, in any case, would be a strange destination. Why pair Vettel and Ricciardo again? It almost makes more sense to replace Vettel and that is unlikely. If Ferrari is to remain good enough but not quite there (as it seems), Vettel is the guy for the job. Sadly for me, so is Kimi.

I disagree. Vettel is not the man for the job. Vettel is not fast enough. He was handed 4 world championships on a silver platter and smashed by a rookie. Replace him with Ricciardo.

Williams could be the option. Massa is dead weight. If the team finally makes the move from amateur to professional (as it was once), they will need drivers like Ricciardo. Bottas has shown enough grunt at times. The Aussie can help the team raise to the next step.

Williams is a graveyard team for any driver and cant see that changing unless they double their budget.

Despite its problems, RBR remains a good option. I would argue that it remains the top choice for Ricciardo.

No way. RBR is not even interested in F1 anymore and they have lost Newey.

Is doubt it Maure, he is consistantly out performing that car this season

Physically, not, possible.

If he came in the market I Believe any big team would move heaven and earth to get his signature.

I concur

If he had an intrest in Ferrari I bet my bottom dollar seb will try anything he can to persuade Ferrari signing him.

This has got to be a typo right? Theres no way in hell Seb would want him anywhere near Ferrari.

Williams does sound a good choice but would he fear a repeat of what happened to webber?

Williams would NOT be a good choice. Stay at RBR over Williams. Williams is a nowhere team.

I also honestly think merc would get rid of lewis before nico for marketing purposes so it puts alot of thoughts in the air doesn't it?

Merc know they dont need to keep Hamilton. Especially if they can replace him with Ricciardo. Hamilton is a drip.

Is doubt it Maure, he is consistantly out performing that car this season and his overtaking moves we have seen especially in Spain proove he is not a splash in the pan. I don't think anyone out there could extract more out that heap of junk than he is ATM. If he came in the market I Beleive any big team would move heaven and earth to get his signature. He is a future world champion, he is hungry as hell and IMO is doing a top job given what he has. If he had an intrest in Ferrari I bet my bottom dollar seb will try anything he can to persuade Ferrari signing him, Williams does sound a good choice but would he fear a repeat of what happened to webber? I also honestly think merc would get rid of lewis before nico for marketing purposes so it puts alot of thoughts in the air doesn't it?

It's true that Ricciardo is doing better than Kvyat but these are the Russian's first races with the team. It is enough yet, imo. My measure for Ricciardo last season was great. I don't think he is there now (same goes for Alonso, the other great driver last year). If Ricciardo passes the Williams in the rankings, then I will rate him as great again.

Driver management has been, for years, one of the weakest points for teams. No one is moving heaven or earth for anyone. Or, rather, no one that matters is moving anything other than their d#cks.

Yes, Ricciardo could be a world champion... based on last season. Based on this season so far, he would need a supercar. This is true, this season so far, for every driver in the grid.

Vettel left RBR to get away from Ricciardo. Why would he want to partner up again? It makes no sense to me. Vettel has everything to lose and nearly nothing to gain from such a gamble.

Regarding Mercerdes, see driver management above and add monumental fvckup to it.

@ spiral: what I meant was ricciardo is driving the best possible given the car he has, no one could do a better job and yes it was a typo, I meant Vettel would persuade Ferrari in any way possible for them NOT to sign ricciardo.

@ Maure: I understand what your saying bit to say ricciardo isn't do aswell as he did last season based on results is ludicrous, if anything he has gotten better and struggling this season will only make him better. He is driving the wheels of that car. Qualifying laps for a whole Grand Prix just to score points. It's not fair to base his ability on results this season. He has shown us what he can do last year and I honestly Beleive he has only gotten better, he must be frustrated as hell but he isn't showing it and is keeping a very cool head. This shows IMO he is the complete package.

@ spiral: what I meant was ricciardo is driving the best possible given the car he has, no one could do a better job and yes it was a typo, I meant Vettel would persuade Ferrari in any way possible for them NOT to sign ricciardo.

Sweet

@ Maure: I understand what your saying bit to say ricciardo isn't do aswell as he did last season based on results is ludicrous, if anything he has gotten better and struggling this season will only make him better. He is driving the wheels of that car. Qualifying laps for a whole Grand Prix just to score points. It's not fair to base his ability on results this season. He has shown us what he can do last year and I honestly Beleive he has only gotten better, he must be frustrated as hell but he isn't showing it and is keeping a very cool head. This shows IMO he is the complete package.

Dont worry about it, that guy's on drugs for senility I swear. His comments about Ricciardo are absolutely baseless.

I like the guy too. But, as always, that does not mean that I lie to myself about him.

Will this season make him a better driver? I hope so, of course.

Nonetheless, I still don't see the performance I saw last year. It might come. Hopefully, it will. But it is not there now for me.

This does not mean that I think he is sucking even if considering the hysterical tones of some people here and elsewhere, there seems to be no room between hero and zero.

I think he is doing well... enough. Again, there is not enough on the record. This is Ricciardo's 4th season in F1 and, let's be honest, the only great, I mean Great, year was last. He didn't do bad before 2014 but it was last year that he was a superdriver.

And that, a superdriver, is what I'm looking for in every driver in the field. There are none this season... so far.

Fair statement and yes it's your opinion and I hold your posts in high reguard but iam sorry, I just have to disagree with this one.

No worries. You know that I consider you one of the good ones and that I appreciate the consistent loyalty you show to the drivers that have earned it.

Let's see how things play out on track and, hopefully, not just Ricciardo but a couple others will awe us. It's in everyone's benefit, really.

No worries. You know that I consider you one of the good ones and that I appreciate the consistent loyalty you show to the drivers that have earned it.

Let's see how things play out on track and, hopefully, not just Ricciardo but a couple others will awe us. It's in everyone's benefit, really.

Ohh absolutley, got to feel for alonso though, he drove the wheels of that Mclaren in Spain only to retire with a bizarre brake issue. They said a tear off strip got caught in his rear brake duct causing them to over heat almost imediatly. I respect button but I Beleive it will be alonso who scores the most points (if any) at Mclaren and theoretically leads button in the standings already by obtaining the teams best result to date. Bottas is still out performing Massa and for the second race in succession, holds a much faster Ferrari behind him to the flag. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves IMO. Rosberg finally growing some balls and dealing with the issue on the track and for that we saw the "old" Rosberg back in Spain and IMO got lewis a tad bit rattled. Verstappen continues to impress and a rookie error let sainz through. All in all, I think we a slowly seeing quality come from these drivers in what is a very stale championship so far.

You are right. Bottas has done very well, much better than Williams. The team is still going through a transition that started precisely when he arrived in F1 and that does not seem to ever end. If the team delivers, Bottas will surprise many.

The children at TR are indded a joy to watch. They have a car that can qualify ahead of the RB's and, check this out, the kids are actually doing it. It's brilliant. That says "good" is my book. I don't give away "great" easily, so they cannot have it until the do a season like, for example, Ricciardo's last.

Alonso, well, screw him, really. He's the driver with the most superdriver years on record (not that hard with this grid) so he can sleep one off every once in a while and he still shines by comparison. That said, going back to McLaren is a fvckup that will rightly bite him in the arse. I do expect to see some good racing from him but the hater hype is a cancer on F1 and Alonso is their scapegoat.

Which brings us to Button. I like him. I also like how he drives and how he has "aged" craft-wise. But his championship with BrawnGP was bullsht and, based on his record, he will never be a great one.

Rosberg won't beat Hamilton if he continues like this. Even with the win he got in Spain. He got punked last year and it's wearing him down. His ego is hurting, his ears burning so to speak. He can't do two things at once at this level of competition. There is no guarantee that he will take the championship even if invests 100% in racing. But if he invests less than 100%, he is guaranteed to lose.

Why? Because, while there are no greats for me this season so far, Hamilton is doing it better than everyone else. And to beat a "good" you need to be a "great"... or be as good with a better car.

Remember: Good drivers don't let an opportunity go by. Great drivers make their own opportunities when there are none to be had.

Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah. Blah blah blah blah blah bs blah blah bs bs blah.

47106055.jpg

@maure: another good post and I have to agree with you on Rosberg, he can do the job when he gets his sh17 in order but being realistic, he couldn't beat lewis last year and this year, lewis is even better. He knows that, we all know that and that has hit him hard, real hard as I honestly think he would have thought that this year is the year where he really brings the fight. One problem, he didnt expect lewis to be so full of confidence and Lewis's driving so far is by far the best I've seen from him, even better and more consistant than his debut season which I held as his best driving to date, until this year.

@ spiral: how long did it take to type that? Lol.