Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Thoughts On New Qualy

Not what I heard, he said he thinks he has what it takes to fight with merc In the race.

Quote: Sebastian Vettel: “In comparison to the Mercedes drivers we are a bit further behind than we expected, but we are happy with 3rd and 4th, especially for me as it was a bit difficult to find the rhythm in Qualifying.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/03/19/ferrari-we-are-a-bit-further-behind-than-we-expected/

It was dire. I only got highlights of it *sighs* but it was so awful I turned it off. Twitter was full of people saying how crap the new quali was, even Bernie has said so. Me thinks they'll be looking at changing it again very soon wink.png

Lauda - this started with Ecclestone wanted revers grid. With teams opposing, Whiting developed format tested today.

Ecclestone today - not really agreed to go back, but mumbling something about current format needs fine tuning...(whatever that is)

Fact: teams will discuss it tommorow (Sunday)

Somewhere else I raised some questions about it, but it was funny how many defenders of Ecclestone there are, when they chased me out of the door. Today I wonder where are all of those smart a***ses. One of the least thought out aspects is trafic in pitlane, when cars are pushed into garage, blocking access, while some others are still on the clock and pit for quick stop. (Button was talking about it).

Absolutely disgusting....If you really want to go up a wall, just try watching that qualifying fiasco on NBCSports here in the states, with their commercials every 5 minutes.

Absolutely disgusting....If you really want to go up a wall, just try watching that qualifying fiasco on NBCSports here in the states, with their commercials every 5 minutes.

Tip for all U. S. viewers: if you get Univision Deportes Network, they air the qualifying live (in Spanish) in the United States with no ad breaks. So, you can flip over to UDN during NBC's ads.

Both UniMás and Univision Deportes Network carry the live races without ad breaks. UniMás is over-the-air, free TV; if you live in a part of the country with a lot of Spanish-speakers, you probably have it. Univision Deportes Network is a cable channel, so that depends on your TV provider.

When I record races, I just record the UniMás one to get the whole GP.

Hope that makes F1 somewhat more enjoyable for you. Has for me since UniMás picked it up in 2013. :)

Quote: Sebastian Vettel: “In comparison to the Mercedes drivers we are a bit further behind than we expected, but we are happy with 3rd and 4th, especially for me as it was a bit difficult to find the rhythm in Qualifying.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/03/19/ferrari-we-are-a-bit-further-behind-than-we-expected/

Yeah well I actually saw the press conference and a question was asked if Sebastian thinks he is fast enough to fight with Mercedes tomorrow? And he said he thinks he does. He said he got out early in q3 so he could save his tyres for the race and initially only wanted to do one lap but had to go out again as it wasn't good enough.

well at least someone saw the light about this bloody stupid qualy idea....... Like why on earth did they f (*&^K with it ?

Quote:

"Teams have agreed to revert to the old system from the Bahrain Grand Prix". (re: Sunday morning emergency meeting with FiA, FOM, and teams).

Yay, we got the old quali back!!!! So they should too. They tried the new way and it didn't work. All they could do was go back to what did work before, no more stupid ideas for now thanks Bernie!!

Yay, we got the old quali back!!!! So they should too. They tried the new way and it didn't work. All they could do was go back to what did work before, no more stupid ideas for now thanks Bernie!!

FiA and FOM had some reservation about pulling full back as it used to be, thus it's hard to say today what kind of qualification we will have in the season ahead. All what we know is that no one wants Melbourne repeated in the next race, and not much more.

It isn't that bad, it's just it caught drivers out. More clarity of the rules wouldn't have seen drivers on there best laps eliminated before they reach the start line. That's what ruined it.

Well guys according to the latest news the F1 whatthe****evergroup have decided that MAYBE they should keep the new qualy for Bahrain ?????

Like are these guys bloody deaf or just plain bloody STUPID ?????????

Honestly to believe that this new Qualy was worth while you would have to have two (2) d#cks RIGHT ?

Qualification as an event in which a guy in P3 manages to take his jeans on before it's over, cannot be too good. I am not sure what's else is there to discuss. With Schumacher we usually didn't know until about 2 min past the hour, and now... How times have changed.

If drivers hated it so much, why not strike, after all they have the power and control the show.

I think you would find there is if the sport is at risk. They just have no one like senna or Schumacher who wants to take charge. Senna wouldn't take it, I know that for sure.

It's all about gaining the upper hand, even if it ruins the integrity of the sport and sportsmanship.

If drivers hated it so much, why not strike, after all they have the power and control the show.

There you go

http://www.motorspor...rmula-1-681793/

You know what's funny - members who do know me for a while can tell you, that what driver's are stating now in their letter, I've posted two or three years ago almost word for word.

Ha ha - as one headline states, F1 is doing U turn on U turn / tweaking Melbourne fiasco. Isn't there anyone grown up in Whiting's department who would suggest, that changing rules once game started is really lacking..?

I do not mind to admit that I am confused regarding qualifying. They had whole winter break to agree on rules, but no, they have to do it while game is on. First I read after Melbourne - it was flop, terrible, we are going back as it was last year, etc. Today I am reading - no change for Bahrain. There are moments in my life when I am begging to think that following F1 is no good for my health. Website like GP247 is giving chance to reader comment on individual articles, but to be fair, I have not come across as much hatred and open racism and misinformation as it is allowed over there. Now this qualifying... Is it healthy to get angry every day?

One website carries a headline - no one knows what to do (about qualification). I am flabbergasted. What's happening with water in GB causing them to write a such story? How about leave it alone as it was? Too simple for them..?

nope qualy has now come down to who is the last one on track , within the time limit to maybe make the dropping chequered flag and then just go all balls out but of course do not hurt the tyres and do not take any chances and well at all COSTS please do NOT ENTERTAIN THOSE PEOPLE THAT HAVE PAID A MONTHS WAGES JUST TO SEE YOU BLAST AROUND A TRACK FOR SOME 90 SECONDS........... F uk for heavens sake

My understanding is, that FiA proposed to teams a change which was not accepted by RBR and McLaren, thus consequently we will have Melbourne-style of qualification in Bahrain again with caveat, that meetings about "what to do" will continue after next race. It appears that there are factions at the table, who do not want full U-turn to last year qualification format, otherwise they could have done it already. Force India was one of those teams.