Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Iam So Confused

Recently I have been confused as to how certain people can see things differently but expect the same result. So can I have some clarification please?

Starts of with Ricciardo and raikkonen incident at Monaco last year when IMO and remember I said that, raikkonen ran wide and Ricciardo ducked down the inside and touched a turning in raikkonen. Who was at fault there? Raikkonen or Ricciardo?

Next is Russia 2015 when kimi came from a fair distance back and hit a turning in bottas, who was at fault here? Bottas or raikkonen?

Then we have the recent one of kvyat and Vettel and we know who's who in that one

My question is, I see it as this

Monaco 2015 a racing incident

Russia 2015 raikkonen's fault

China 2016 racing incident

Iam I right here? Iam confused as some people have taken a staggered approach it seems to support there drivers on these I feel that's not right of the situation.

To state obvious, vis a vis last race, racing is a risky undertaking, and diving in, regardless whether there was or wasn't contact, just takes that risk a notch up for all involved in that maneuver, be it directly, or indirectly.

I have no crystal ball to explain what would happen, had Kvyat stayed behind, but the fact is, that his presence, gutsy or not, contributed directly how Vettel reacted. I am not blaming Kvyat, but that pile of c**p Vettel had to hear later on was unjust, IMHO. Racing accidents do happen, and we all know that.

Despite some pretty nasty and intensifying chauvinism and intolerance blowing across the channel, one should not forget, that Vettel was at one point deep in the pack (P15?), and ended up in P2. That drive was executed with the detuned engine, and since lap 17 (I think), drove with a damaged front wing, and with a car out of balance. It was the good comeback, yet guess what - experts rated his drive very, very low. (Not much better than Ericsson).

I think it is a false approach to the assessment of the incident to absolve Kvyat entirely on basis he hasn't touched anyone, so he has nothing to do what followed. He has moved in, and people had to avoid him, and that made him a tangible factor in that incident, but since nature of racing permits such risk taking, he received praise and others have not. That's how the cookie crumbles.

My question is, I see it as this

Monaco 2015 a racing incident

Russia 2015 raikkonen's fault

China 2016 racing incident

Monaco 2015: Ric's fault, although its classified as racing incident I cannot see how the fool did'nt get that he would'nt have made the move in gazillion years. Very amateurish move on a slow corner

Russia 2015 raikkonen's fault: How on earth?. Kimi made the move and lack of spatial awareness deficiency turned Bottas into a ramming idiot.

Mexico 2015: The fool Bottas now try a move that's in the class of Ricciardo above. Clumsy, deliberate and unprofessional. He should still be castrated for that move. Fins in his homeland abit embarrased by the sheer idiocy

China 2016 racing incident: well, footage shows clearly the extent of Kvyat's influence with a torpedo move not considering consequences of those around. Watch the videos and you will see

I have spoken. Lets not go round and round in circles as we've done gazillion times already. We have brought these answers up time and again. Let it be so cause it is so! No more on this

To state obvious, vis a vis last race, racing is a risky undertaking, and diving in, regardless whether there was or wasn't contact, just takes that risk a notch up for all involved in that maneuver, be it directly, or indirectly.

I have no crystal ball to explain what would happen, had Kvyat stayed behind, but the fact is, that his presence, gutsy or not, contributed directly how Vettel reacted. I am not blaming Kvyat, but that pile of c**p Vettel had to hear later on was unjust, IMHO. Racing accidents do happen, and we all know that.

Despite some pretty nasty and intensifying chauvinism and intolerance blowing across the channel, one should not forget, that Vettel was at one point deep in the pack (P15?), and ended up in P2. That drive was executed with the detuned engine, and since lap 17 (I think), drove with a damaged front wing, and with a car out of balance. It was the good comeback, yet guess what - experts rated his drive very, very low. (Not much better than Ericsson).

I think it is a false approach to the assessment of the incident to absolve Kvyat entirely on basis he hasn't touched anyone, so he has nothing to do what followed. He has moved in, and people had to avoid him, and that made him a tangible factor in that incident, but since nature of racing permits such risk taking, he received praise and others have not. That's how the cookie crumbles.

Fair enough.

Monaco 2015: Ric's fault, although its classified as racing incident I cannot see how the fool did'nt get that he would'nt have made the move in gazillion years. Very amateurish move on a slow corner

Russia 2015 raikkonen's fault: How on earth?. Kimi made the move and lack of spatial awareness deficiency turned Bottas into a ramming idiot.

Mexico 2015: The fool Bottas now try a move that's in the class of Ricciardo above. Clumsy, deliberate and unprofessional. He should still be castrated for that move. Fins in his homeland abit embarrased by the sheer idiocy

China 2016 racing incident: well, footage shows clearly the extent of Kvyat's influence with a torpedo move not considering consequences of those around. Watch the videos and you will see

I have spoken. Lets not go round and round in circles as we've done gazillion times already. We have brought these answers up time and again. Let it be so cause it is so! No more on this

No, you tell me the. How Russia 2015 and China 2016 are any different? You blame one but not the other when almost the exact same move was made. The post above by sakae I can understand but this I cannot.

No, you tell me the. How Russia 2015 and China 2016 are any different? You blame one but not the other when almost the exact same move was made. The post above by sakae I can understand but this I cannot.

Mostly just pulling yer leg. Yes good post by Sakae

Look at the end of the day we might not agree but I appreciate the time to discuss topic to much detail, you and monkey.

To be honest we all have a certain amount of bias when it comes to people we like and people we don't. I know it's stating the obvious but you're more inclined to blame the other driver than your particular favourite, it's human nature.

If Vettel and Hamilton had a coming together I know I'd be more inclined to want to blame Hamilton be that a fair assessment or not. I do try to be objective but not everyone always is.

Therefore what essentially looks like the same move by different drivers at different tracks can be taken in differing ways by different people. The outcome of said move can also be seen differently depending on what if any other cars were involved. In the China case Kvyat changed the reaction Vettel might have made had he not been there, so as Sakae rightly said, he was part of the incident just by putting his car there whether he likes to acknowledge that or not. When it happens in the race can also change the reactions, if it's in the heat of the first couple of turns on the first lap it's a little more understandable to have a coming together. After all you have all the cars in such a small space all trying to gain an advantage, the same move made later in the race with fewer or no other cars around can be viewed very differently.

That's how I see it anyway. I hope that ramble made sense at least.

I understand how putting his car there caused the chain reaction but how many times have we seen other drivers pass and make the defending driver have to take evasive action or make a few steering corrections? I see it like this and always have, even when racing, if you don't make contact, it's fine, even slight contact is fine but you know as a driver there is a line you don't cross and that will limit your contact with the other driver otherwise it defeats the purpose of overtaking all together.

To be honest we all have a certain amount of bias when it comes to people we like and people we don't. I know it's stating the obvious but you're more inclined to blame the other driver than your particular favourite, it's human nature.

+1

People see things the way they wanna see.

If Ricciardo made a stupid mistake, I'd admit it, not make every excuse like some un named kimi fans. Lol