Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Should Ross Brawn return to F1 and which team?

Drama at Mercedes's land is created by Hamilton on and off track, and no one else, at least that's how I see it.

Brawn sold out to Mercedes in 2009...and left Mercedes at the end of 2013. Hamilton was hired by Mercedes for 2013. Not much overlap here. Your comment appears to be entirely irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Ruslan said:

Brawn sold out to Mercedes in 2009...and left Mercedes at the end of 2013. Hamilton was hired by Mercedes for 2013. Not much overlap here. Your comment appears to be entirely irrelevant.

They may have had issues internally but Hamilton has made them transparent and 100x worse with his behaviour, I agree with sakae on this. It's gone to his head, you just have to look at his appearance to see that, we all know he has money but does he need the chain on at a race? A man insecure with himself so he is creating a new version.

1. I don't think Hamilton had much impact on Brawn's decision to leave in 2013.

2. Chains.....really?

No Hamilton didn't affect brawns decision at all IMO. As for the chains he wears, you think it's acceptable and sending the correct message to children who look up to him. Especially when you have to young f1 fans in a house like my two kids and the oldest asks "why Hamilton wears big gold chains and has lots of tattoos now" meaning he even remembered what Lewis was like before fame hit that head. That's the point Iam making, no other driver "flaunts" there money or making rediculous statements with attire they choose.

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Drama at Mercedes's land is created by Hamilton on and off track, and no one else, at least that's how I see it.

I see that too.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 4:06 AM, Emmcee said:

No Hamilton didn't affect brawns decision at all IMO. As for the chains he wears, you think it's acceptable and sending the correct message to children who look up to him. Especially when you have to young f1 fans in a house like my two kids and the oldest asks "why Hamilton wears big gold chains and has lots of tattoos now" meaning he even remembered what Lewis was like before fame hit that head. That's the point Iam making, no other driver "flaunts" there money or making rediculous statements with attire they choose.

This is modern fashion. I find it tacky....but then my father wasn't too impressed with my long hair and bell bottoms either.

Chains date back to at least Run DMC. We are not exactly breaking new ground here. I hate tattoos, but they are all the rage now. He is a driver influenced by the modern fashions of today's world. Lots of it is tacky, but that is true for a lot of different eras..

Anyhow, his influence is very much from American rap music. It is where he has friends, and he spends of lot of his vacation time over here. This is their style, which I also find tacky, but I ain't really going to hold it against Lewis. Remember Schumacher and his cowboy outfits?

<<....my two kids....>>

Most kids (hopefully) have two primary role models, mom and dad. (P.S. my son also hates Hamilton's tattoos, especially the neck one).

Hamilton influences come from American rap lmao, he is a try hard. Iam a HUGE Tupac fan and have been for about 25 years and here is Hamilton claiming the same yet he has "still I rise" on his helmet and claims its from his favourite tupac album. Tupac never had an album titled that, he did have a song though and that's my point, Hamilton hasn't got a clue and I find it hilarious. Run dmc wore chains because they were hip hop artists, Lewis isn't, he is a racer and a high level one at that so he has to act that way and hold honour and not make a mockery of it.

:lol: doesn't matter what the thread title is these days, it always end up being a Lewis the P@nk hate thread :snigger:

I like it :smoke:

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:25 PM, Emmcee said:

Lewis....is a racer and a high level one at that so he has to act that way and hold honour and not make a mockery of it.

Not sure I buy this line of argument at all. Do you apply the same argument to someone like James Hunt?

If a condition for Ross's return is free hand in running a team, any team except your own, then forget that. There is not a such thing anymore IMV. You need today a steering group to run thingies efficiently and in great detail, because life of a TP is too complex, and work-load is more than one man can handle and scratch more than just surface. Mercedes has Totto and Lauda, Zetsche, RB has Marco and DM, McLaren has Dennis, Ferrari has Marchionne, and so on. Every team has an influential kibitz in the background. Autonomy is a state of the past however Ross demands it as a part of the deal, as rumors have it.

3 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Not sure I buy this line of argument at all. Do you apply the same argument to someone like James Hunt?

It was different back then than it is today, a lot more money involved now and formula one wasn't taken as serious, hence why drivers took part in many other events as well as f1, it also didn't reach every home on the planet like it does today.

On 21 July 2016 at 2:53 PM, radical-one said:

Too much rumors going on that we can't deny the fact that F1 kindda need Ross' return to F1.

But which team suits him best, a team that is mid field to be developed or top team that is underperforming ?

Ross won't be back in any capacity. Doesn't want a 24/7 existence anymore and the internal politics of the FIA would send him batty. Let him fish.

Ross has left Mercedes in 2013, thus realistically he hasn't had real exposure to "new" experience with hybrid-culture of today, weekend routines, etc., yet it would be expected of him to hit ground running. Pretty steep learning curve, and honeymoon probably a weekend or two, if you ask me. Not sure that this is something he wants that as a suitable replacement for golf course. On the other hand, and there is one, I know this for fact, guys who led stressful, high intensity, high energy working life, there is really no mental retirement for most. It stays with you for life. 

That's correct because if it's to quiet, you start to get bored with little things that you once found enjoyable in your "new" retired life, before long, everything in this supposed better retired life becomes boring and all you want is what you had before if it's possible.

On 27 July 2016 at 0:18 PM, Ruslan said:

This is modern fashion. I find it tacky....but then my father wasn't too impressed with my long hair and bell bottoms either.

Chains date back to at least Run DMC. We are not exactly breaking new ground here. I hate tattoos, but they are all the rage now. He is a driver influenced by the modern fashions of today's world. Lots of it is tacky, but that is true for a lot of different eras..

Anyhow, his influence is very much from American rap music. It is where he has friends, and he spends of lot of his vacation time over here. This is their style, which I also find tacky, but I ain't really going to hold it against Lewis. Remember Schumacher and his cowboy outfits?

<<....my two kids....>>

Most kids (hopefully) have two primary role models, mom and dad. (P.S. my son also hates Hamilton's tattoos, especially the neck one).

Another thing to add to Lewis and his gold chain, it would be equivalent of Eminem coming out on stage in full redbull overalls and try and convince every one, wouldn't work would it?

17 hours ago, Emmcee said:

It was different back then than it is today, a lot more money involved now and formula one wasn't taken as serious, hence why drivers took part in many other events as well as f1, it also didn't reach every home on the planet like it does today.

But Bernie actually thinks it is great. From a marketing point of view, you do want a wider demographic. I was over in the "hood" a couple of months ago. This is not a demographic that Rosberg or Vettel are going to be able to reach out to.

I gather Hamilton is a amateur musician (he did date Nicole S.) and he connects and socializes with a different crowd than Rosberg and Vettel. So what !!!

7 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Another thing to add to Lewis and his gold chain, it would be equivalent of Eminem coming out on stage in full redbull overalls and try and convince every one, wouldn't work would it?

Well, Eminem as a white rapper already is crossing boundaries. Not sure I get the point.

5 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Well, Eminem as a white rapper already is crossing boundaries. Not sure I get the point.

Yeah but Eminem actually has skills that's why he is respected. Ok it's like Tupac wearing a redbull race suit on stage, course bernie would like it, takes the attention of himself so his fraudulent schemes go unnoticed, point is why does he need to wear the chain at race weekends when he is consistently taking it of to out his suit on? It's just to say "hey I'll show you how much I have by just spending it in crap". I don't care what he spends his dosh on but next you'll see him rock up wearing a Jordan jersey back to front like kriss kross, it's gone to his head. If this is who he really is, why did it take nearly ten years to come out? Why wasn't he covered in tats and wearing gold chains and such when he first came in? He's a poser a tryhard that's why. It's because people don't make a fuss about his skin colour so he wanted something to stand out, yet he complains when people class him as a minority like wtf? Can't have your cake and eat it to, doesn't work like that.

Actually, we don't know what skills Hamilton has. He was working on an album with the help of Nicole S. Jacque V. actually did do an album....and of course, if you have ever played an instrument, you will appreciate how much work it takes to be merely mediocre. I am always in awe of successful musicians, even the ones I don't like.

Anyhow, Lewis's dress is a fashion statement you don't like. Not sure there is really a valid basis for such criticism. Muffing the hairpin in qualifying today probably matters more. 

Yeah your right it's my opinion, I think he is an incredible driver but as a person he is a w@nker.