Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

Kubica is back !!!

Hmmm....Kubica paying $10 million or Sirotkin paying $15 or $20 million (sources differ). Sakae.....if those were your two options, who would you pick? 

P.S. If this rumor is true, then why is Massa saying he already knows who has the seat?

12 December 2017   6:45 (CET)

To answer first question, if it is not about money, then it is neither of drivers you named.

I am not sure what Massa knows, however after he said it, Williams continued to test drivers, and delayed the announcement. In fact, Lowe refused to comment on Kubica's test results whilst working quietly on a plan B.

I think Massa used words I "know" somewhat loosely as a substitute for conviction that his is a good guess. In that of course he then prejudged results of medical tests. Moreover, there was nothing in F1 media (that I could detect), that Kubica passed medical examination administered by FiA. Moreover, what I read was that he had allegedly problem to obtain an insurer for him.

How much of it is factual, I am of course not certain. Fact of the matter however is, there was ample time to have the subject closed, and results announced. They were working on this 2nd seat choice for several months to have it done by now.

But it clearly is about money.

Williams is now preferring drivers who bring money (I gather Mass was paid). Would you be better off with a paid driver, or $20 million to develop your car (and I gather their team budget is in the 200-250 million range), especially as there are some good drivers available who can pay.

12 December 2017   8:51 (CET)

I do not know much about Williams, but my impression is that all people who made once this team a winner have left for one reason or another, which raises a question whether any driver can mask what I would say is their fundamental problem. Technical brain is missing. Lowe in my understanding has on his hands more than just the F1 team, and from his past achievements I would be careful to mark him as a genius. Frank Williams, Patrick Head, and Pat Symonds are all gone, so who is there to pick up pieces and move it forward to match Force India, RBR and others? 

6 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Williams is now preferring drivers who bring money (I gather Mass was paid). Would you be better off with a paid driver, or $20 million to develop your car (and I gather their team budget is in the 200-250 million range), especially as there are some good drivers available who can pay.

I think that Massa was bringing money in the form of sponsorships (like most top drivers, in effect) but was being paid a very good salary.

IMHO Williams has no other option but to search for pay drivers, some pay drivers these days are not too shabby in effect, but without a works engine and without massive sponsors (Who to my knowledge are reducing the amounts of money that they spend in F1 due to the falling numbers of spectators) an independent team quite simply cannot survive

7 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Williams - Money Drives, Bald guy takes the Bus :the_finger: