Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Barcelona: Alonso Stuns The Opposition

Just six drivers remained on duty for the fourth and final day of testing here at the Circuit de Catalunya where Renault

GOSH!!!!

Whats up with these blokes at Renault camp. I was expecting Mclaren to be strong this year, and it looks like these guys are going to set all tracks on fire......

Saw this on the live timing aswell, but didn't post incase it was another mess up from it :lol:

you all better go to the bookies and put some cash on Renault for the win in Melb and the title before they get wind of their pace, they're at big big odds here :lol: But in all seriousness, they are really really showing their hand now, and I hope they continue this form into Melbourne and into the season proper. Great to see Jordan improving, very good drive from Narain though, only .4 behind Ralf. Now either he was very very light or Ralf was very very heavy, but still, a good performance so far.

Ferrari look to have a big fight on their hands, finally!!!!!

We now have evidence that we can count on Renault & Maclaren to offer very stiff competition to Ferrari - lets hope that BAR & Williams are drafted into the fray as well. Although I would rather have two strong teams than four - because the more they are the more points they take off each other and loose to Ferrari. But we are going to see a competitive grid for once, and I hope that PS stops being a comic and joins the ranks of Redbull & Jordan. Much has been said about how he utilises his tiny budget to a good end, but I do not exactly call playing at the back of the grid, being 5 seconds off pace, and never having two chargers finish any one race an achievement. He should sell, even if possible within the current season!!!

I still think they should revert to the original Quali format - that should mix things up even more, and with the tyre thing going on.....

you have earned the right to be happy ecapdeville :) I am happy too. It looks like we are going to have racing folks.

thats close to the lap record man i hope hes in the 2004 car of on 2004 tyers because then everything i have said about Renault this winter has been wrong.

It would be nice to see a non-Ferrari win the championship for a change; ideally I wouldn

I prefer Fisi to win the title instead of Alonso. It wouldn't bug me if Fernando won it, but I prefer Fisi to win it, but as long as there is competition up front, it's good for F1.

I prefer Fisi to win the title instead of Alonso. It wouldn't bug me if Fernando won it, but I prefer Fisi to win it, but as long as there is competition up front, it's good for F1.

Why do you want Giancarlo to win the Renault battle?

While the winner were a blue & Yellow car with the RENAULT brand on it...I dont mind the pilot I like both...(I think I like Alonso a little more, he speaks spanish like me...)

:P

I've been a fan of Fisi since he came into F1 with JV back in '96. He's always had the speed and talent but not the equipment, I feel it's his time to show what we've been missing. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Alonso, but his time will come, he's very very young and should be a champion very soon, but Fisi's time could be running out and he is a deserving champion in my opinion.

i ave nothing against GF but i prefer FA because hes a ****ing brilliant driver, and i think ehs funny wen he sticks his finger up while driving at sum1, lol. very comical!

Everybody has been talking about KR/JPM combination being electrifying this season. I agree but I think that GF will cause FA some grief as will Nick to MW. Also the Toyota scrap should be interesting if they can get the car upto speed!

While the winner were a blue & Yellow car with the RENAULT brand on it...I dont mind the pilot I like both...(I think I like Alonso a little more, he speaks spanish like me...)

:P

:lol::lol::lol: I like Renault too( it was Williams-Renault in 1997 after all)

here copme steh renault band-wagon! :D

good to see fisi has a good chance this year. i've always said teh renault line-up is one up therre with mclaren and ferrari. i can't wait to see fisi push alonso and hopefully humble him.

plus Shadow, it was Renault, along with Sauber who saw it fit to revive JV's career. That aside, the Renault car is quick and their two drivers are two of the best going around, they should give both titles one hell of a shake.