Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chennaiguy

Predict The Champions

hi all,

with a poor performance from ferrari and a struggling performance from mclaren and williams it seems renault clearly has the edge currently.

so who do u think will win the driver's championship and which team will win consrtuctors championship?

chennai-guy

hmmm... Well im gonna be unusual and say last year truly was the last of ferrari complete domination. This year im saying renault will do it!

anything could still happen with f-2005 still around the corner. williams were solid and toyota also withstood the heat and then some. both these teams brought significant development parts to sepang and this tells me that bothe teams' development programs are very effective so they should continue to improve even more hen they hit europe.

what impresses me most about renault tho is how confident alonso is. hear him at the press conference? 'i still expect us to be the reference point at bahrain'.

i wonder if he was allowing for the possibility ferrari would bing f-2005?...interesting, i hope todt and ferrari took offence and bring the f-2005 along to play.

it's gonna be a good one this year!

well for the sake of F1 I hope Ferrari STRUGGLE this year.

Is bloody nice to see something other then RED at the front :D

well for the sake of F1  I hope Ferrari STRUGGLE this year.

Is bloody nice to see something other then RED at the front  :D

Amen to that. It's turning out to be a very good season two races down. This will be decided at the wire! Which is what we fans thrive on. I was shaking with anticipation waiting for the lights to go off and I could not blink through the entire race - Thank you Renault, thank you Williams, thank you Maclaren & thank you Toyota for lifting your game, let the battle progress!!!

well for the sake of F1  I hope Ferrari STRUGGLE this year.

Is bloody nice to see something other then RED at the front  :D

I breathe and sleep Ferrari, but I could not agree with you more. I want them lapped again in Bahrain - especially if it's the new car! Then they will have to work overtime to even smell a podium. One thing for sure - this season is not going to be a stroll in the park for any team. We might just be gifted with the most interesting season yet!

too early to name title winners, but Renault and Alonso look very strong.

I think Renault is to strong, even if toyota gonna eat them in it's gonna be to late!!

So Alonso World champion B)

But i hope Kimi and McLaren will show some speed in that car!! :(:(

Obviously Reno is in the box seat at the moment.

Ferrari will improve but i doubt it will be enough to take the championship.

Mclaren have been quite disappointing, yet I believe they're asleep at the moment and it won't be long until they come to the party.

My faviourite is Williams due to the fact that I'm a Webber fan and I have to believe he's up with a chance, but realisticlly williams will come close but i feel only if Ferrari stay a disapointment and Mclaren improve only slightly.

BAR are in the wrong championship, Billycarts are the way to go for BAR, NO engine required!!! BAR have not a chance to win, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to no that one. (Although they might get their act together and make 8th in the championship).

Toyota is the dark horse, I'm not at all sure what to think of them in regards to the championship. If they 'trulli' have a great car then a can't see why not. I don't think Ralf and Trulli can win it for toyota unless the toyota is exceptional tho. Which is something I'm hoping the f2005 isn't!!!!

Mclaren are having a reasonable car but i really donno why they are struggling to goto podium.So we can say Mclarens may endup with 3rd place in constrcutors.

Renault will be either one or two based upon f2005.

Williams can also surprise if they elimintae unforced race errors.

Hope Mclaren get some new parts in coming races and improve their performance.

Obviously Reno is in the box seat at the moment.

Ferrari will improve but i doubt it will be enough to take the championship.

Mclaren have been quite disappointing, yet I believe they're asleep at the moment and it won't be long until they come to the party.

My faviourite is Williams due to the fact that I'm a Webber fan and I have to believe he's up with a chance, but realisticlly williams will come close but i feel only if Ferrari stay a disapointment and Mclaren improve only slightly.

BAR are in the wrong championship, Billycarts are the way to go for BAR, NO engine required!!! BAR have not a chance to win, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to no that one. (Although they might get their act together and make 8th in the championship).

Toyota is the dark horse, I'm not at all sure what to think of them in regards to the championship. If they 'trulli' have a great car then a can't see why not. I don't think Ralf and Trulli can win it for toyota unless the toyota is exceptional tho. Which is something I'm hoping the f2005 isn't!!!!

yes i can say toyota is doing well but why not ralf

what impresses me most about renault tho is how confident alonso is.  hear him at the press conference?  'i still expect us to be the reference point at bahrain'. 

You

oooooopppppppsssss!!! I forgot... I bet Renault will win the constructors tltle and FA the WDC

Currently too early, depending again on F2005 im currently going to say renault and FA

Maybe I could be able to predict a winner in the european season...

I hope Renault could mantain the level

seems renault has more votes as of now but i would say we have to watchout for williams and mclarens too.may be they will fight back along with f2005.

it's way too early and it really depends on f-2005 and bridegstone, but if they fail then i think it's a toss up between williams, mclaren or even toyota. renault looks good now but i have doubts about the way they develop the car. trulli or not, they faded badly the second half of last year, and after his sepang effort i'm doubting fisi's mettle in a top car. i love the guy and hope flavio doesn't do a trulli on him, but sadly i can see it happening.

williams on the other hand showed they could bring development parts after melbourne that had an immediate impact, as did toyota with mike intelligently commanding their huge budget. williams and mclaren also showed how to close a season last year, if not how to begin one.

You seem to have become pro-Williams since a certain Australian joined the team. I see no reason why Renault can

it's not just webber, but i also respect what sam michael is finally doing and what they are trying to achieve with webber. admittedly they have achieved nothing yet but things look good for the next couple years, especially if they can get jenson.

last year was a mess with michael a rookie tech director and 2 drivers already looking to 2005 (and one of them being ralf..), but they look like a team on the rebound and with a solid future.

I would love to say the B A R will win the constructors championsip this year but their start to the season has been anything but perfect - just like Ferrari's, so who knows, but I think Renault and a top 5 for Red Bull

Honda must produce reliable engines and Sato will have to up his game this year. I fear that BAR will do much worse this year than 2004, when they were somewhat fortunate that Williams and McLaren had poor seasons. Again: Renault looks very quick and Williams and Toyota have shown good speed.