Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

First Corner At Nurburgring

yes but he did only go back 1 place! mW in imola this year qualified 4th? and finished 9th?

yes but he did only go back 1 place! mW in imola this year qualified 4th? and finished 9th?

Still both went backwards.

What I was saying is that you can drive well and still go backwards, but it seems you missed my point.

and your point. i see there being no biggy with being a good qualifierif you cant use it to ur advantage in a race. anyway! im off to do history revision!

This shows that Mark is a better qualifier than Button.

Yep.

Think about is this way...

Nick qualifies 8th but finishes 6th

Webber qualifies 3rd but finishes 5th

Is it that one driver is dramatically better than the other or that the car is just the 3rd/4th best car out there?

Or that Button had a better car.

Regardless, Jenson is a better driver and certainly a better racer. Mark is probably a better qualifier and better at defensive driving but I believe that Jenson is quicker, which is a far more vital facet of a GP driver.

Regardless, Jenson is a better driver and certainly a better racer.  Mark is probably a better qualifier and better at defensive driving but I believe that Jenson is quicker, which is a far more vital facet of a GP driver.

Regardless, Jenson is a better driver and certainly a better racer.  Mark is probably a better qualifier and better at defensive driving but I believe that Jenson is quicker, which is a far more vital facet of a GP driver.

I am talking about that particular occasion. Button had a better car in Imola 04 than Mark did in 05 regardless of anything else.

I am talking about that particular occasion. Button had a better car in Imola 04 than Mark did in 05 regardless of anything else.

You have missed the point once again on all counts.

You have missed the point once again on all counts.

Actually you may find that you have.

I was talking to JR about how saying someone goes backwards in a race and is therefore putting in bad performances is misleading and I used that race as an example. I was not stating anything about Button being a better or a worse driver.

You seem to forget that I support Jenson and rate him higher than Webber, so there is no need for me to state otherwise.