Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raikkonen_rulez

Wimbledon

I will be trying to watch it, although it'll be up late here in Aus

anyone else watching?

and which players are you supporting/ most looking forward to watch

for me : maria sharapova, justine henin-hardenne, and lleyton hewitt

I personally feel that serena williams or justine will take the women's title

and roger federer will take the men's title

We have great coverage of Wimbledon here in Britain (if you have digital TV) as I can choose to watch any match I like or see interviews etc on the BBC interactive service. The terrestrial TV coverage of Wimbledon is also good

that's good

we mostly get to watch the big names/ aussies playing

but i usually watch the first few matches only

as i need to wake up early in the morning

tonight features mark poo vs marat safin

should be interesting

i'm interested in seeing which one breaks their racquet first

I'm a fan of both the Scud and Safin so it should be a good match. In the women's, go Maria Sharapova!!!

yeah I know, but when he is playing well, he's right up there with the best. The Brits must be spewing Henman is out early...again!!!

Shame, no doubt some of the anti-Wimbledon ****wits will start to get on his back and claim how s##t he is...yes, former world number 4 and current number 10 is really s##t :rolleyes:

I just hope the public don't put the same pressure on Murray now.

Shame, no doubt some of the anti-Wimbledon ****wits will start to get on his back and claim how s##t he is...yes, former world number 4 and current number 10 is really s##t :rolleyes:

I just hope the public don't put the same pressure on Murray now.

Indeed.

Is it just me, or do 50% of players have their own version of the 'come on'?

I will be trying to watch it, although it'll be up late here in Aus

anyone else watching?

and which players are you supporting/ most looking forward to watch

for me : maria sharapova, justine henin-hardenne, and lleyton hewitt

I personally feel that serena williams or justine will take the women's title

and roger federer will take the men's title

sorry both justine and seren are out.

serena is not out yet...

but seeing her current form she might not win, I still think she's favourite

rather, amelie mauresmo has impressed me a bit

kim clijsters and lindsay davenport look strong as well

but I reckon sharapova might have a chance at defending her title, I don't fancy it though

this is the first time in many years the women are actually very competitive, much more than the men.

serena is not out yet...

but seeing her current form she might not win, I still think she's favourite

rather, amelie mauresmo has impressed me a bit

kim clijsters and lindsay davenport look strong as well

but I reckon sharapova might have a chance at defending her title, I don't fancy it though

this is the first time in many years the women are actually very competitive, much more than the men.

Roger Federer

Well quite clearly he meant in terms of how many could really win it...if he meant in terms of whose better, then all hope of intelligence is lost :lol:

Well quite clearly he meant in terms of how many could really win it...if he meant in terms of whose better, then all hope of intelligence is lost :lol:

I realise that. John McEnroe recently said he could still beat any female tennis player and having seen his recent match against Goran Ivanisevic it

Anyone who supports Tim Henman must only do so cause hes british, hes not the best is all im going to say, as i feel he is utterly dissappointing but thats just my view! i hope maria sharapova wins again, shes pretty damn fine!

John McEnroe recently said he could still beat any female tennis player and having seen his recent match against Goran Ivanisevic it

Anyone who supports Tim Henman must only do so cause hes british, hes not the best is all im going to say, as i feel he is utterly dissappointing but thats just my view! i hope maria sharapova wins again, shes pretty damn fine!

I think he's ok, not as impressive as what he is described as definitely.

I reckon the reason why British tennis don't do so well is because they have too much pressure (also applies to the football team).

All the hype, and they acheive nothing. (I hope this doesn't happen to the new scottish boy Andrew, he seems to be quite talented)

I agree with you that Maria Sharapova is good looking. She has a nice figure, and a nice outfit, but her grunts are starting to scare me a bit now.

I think he's ok, not as impressive as what he is described as definitely.

I reckon the reason why British tennis don't do so well is because they have too much pressure (also applies to the football team).

All the hype, and they acheive nothing. (I hope this doesn't happen to the new scottish boy Andrew, he seems to be quite talented)

I agree with you that Maria Sharapova is good looking. She has a nice figure, and a nice outfit, but her grunts are starting to scare me a bit now.

100 decibels! Tim Henman measures in at a mere 60 decibels.

B) Watched Maria win her match today while eating lunch--nice

OMG, she was beaten by venus. She has made me like tennis, shes my new love now. Her grunting is such a turn on two, ahhh! :D