Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Rigged Rig Theory Continued

good post, didn't know that. was very disappointed with his peformance at his home gp, and expecetd a strong performance from him as he needs to quali decently to have a good race. good to know that at least it wasn't his fault...

I brought up this very point in another discussion yesterday, and I agree that GF hasn't had a fair shake this year due to all the technical problems he's suffered, but it beggars belief to suggest that Renault are intentionally hampering his ability to help them win the constuctor's championship, which you have to bear in mind is the Team's primary objective.

Renault are trying to ensure that GF is kept away from FA. GF was faster at Monza than FA.

Renault are trying to ensure that GF is kept away from FA. GF was faster at Monza than FA.

I hear what you're saying, but FA had 26 points in hand over KR going into Monza, and GF would have been more help to FA at the front of the grid that he was halfway down the starting order. As the race for the constructors' title is so much closer than the drivers' title, I just don't buy that Renault are hamstringing GF intentionally.

That having been said, I have argued all along that as one driver begins to move ahead of their teammate in the championship, the focus within each team will naturally and invariably shift to them, and that creates an environment where the dillegence in avoiding such failures is greater for the leading teammate. That tends to create a situation where technical problems hamper the trailing teammate on a more frequent basis - although McLaren are definitely the exception that proves the rule this year!!!!!!

It is certainly a problem that Team Principles ignore at their own peril, and one that needs to be addressed at a cultural level within the team, but it cannot be rationally argued that they are doing so intentionally.

I hear what you're saying, but FA had 26 points in hand over KR going into Monza, and GF would have been more help to FA at the front of the grid that he was halfway down the starting order. As the race for the constructors' title is so much closer than the drivers' title, I just don't buy that Renault are hamstringing GF intentionally.

That having been said, I have argued all along that as one driver begins to move ahead of their teammate in the championship, the focus within each team will naturally and invariably shift to them, and that creates an environment where the dillegence in avoiding such failures is greater for the leading teammate. That tends to create a situation where technical problems hamper the trailing teammate on a more frequent basis - although McLaren are definitely the exception that proves the rule this year!!!!!!

It is certainly a problem that Team Principles ignore at their own peril, and one that needs to be addressed at a cultural level within the team, but it cannot be rationally argued that they are doing so intentionally.

Well said..

The problem Renault have is that there is not a signifcant speed differential between GF and FA as there is between KR/JPM and MS/RB, so occasionaly they have to adopt other means to ensure that FA is not held up by GF. Team orders is the perfect solution

Well said..

The problem Renault have is that there is not a signifcant speed differential between GF and FA as there is between KR/JPM and MS/RB, so occasionaly they have to adopt other means to ensure that FA is not held up by GF. Team orders is the perfect solution

Absolutely!!!!! That was clearly the case early in the race in Turkey, and it demonstrates how the Team's effort, focus, and energy is disproportionately lavished upon FA, to GF's loss.

As the race for the constructors' title is so much closer than the drivers' title, I just don't buy that Renault are hamstringing GF intentionally.

no, renault want the driver's title and they want it bad, badly enough to risk the constructors in the gamble. in any case they have seen with the repeated incompetenceof mclaren they'll probably get the constructors anyway. and as soon as alonso is far ahead of Fisichella his race suddenly seems to go fine. there have been too many coincidences this season.

no, renault want the driver's title and they want it bad, badly enough to risk the constructors in the gamble. in any case they have seen with the repeated incompetenceof mclaren they'll probably get the constructors anyway. and as soon as alonso is far ahead of Fisichella his race suddenly seems to go fine. there have been too many coincidences this season.

can anyone say "fuel rig"? it is so blatant that it's laughable :blink:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/19349/

I am now completely convinced that Fisichella's season has been deliberately compromised by Flavio and my further opinions this season will be based on that opinion.

Thats laughable!

By the way.. how do you explain the fact that Renault stuffed up both of Alonso's pit stops this weekend with Fuel rig problems and yet Fisi's were both fine.

The Renault crew fouled up on Fisi's fueling during the Turkish GP as well, while Alonso had no problems. The Speed crew took notice of it on subsequent pits after the Giancarlo's first pit that race. Renault wants a WCC bad, so it doesn't stand to reason that they are sandbagging GF intentionally...

Thats laughable!

By the way.. how do you explain the fact that Renault stuffed up both of Alonso's pit stops this weekend with Fuel rig problems and yet Fisi's were both fine.

well said Wez.

And btw to say that FA and GF have been similarly fast, just llok at the data first.

Compiracy theory people out there- don

Check the fastest laps thread, FA's best was between 4 - 5 tenths quicker if memory serves....Last time i checked that would make GF slower ;)

Check the fastest laps thread, FA's best was between 4 - 5 tenths quicker if memory serves....Last time i checked that would make GF slower ;)

Yeah!

I would actually say that at the moment there is a bigger diference in speed between the Renault drivers than there is between the Mclaren drivers.