Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Massa's Not Afraid To Challenge Schumi

Recommended Posts

It is disappointing sometimes to think how many people have put M Schumacher's dominance in Ferrari down to the fact that he is the number 1 driver and the focus of the team. I think people use it as a way to take away some of his ability as a driver by saying his teamates were severely disadvantaged. True, in the past they have been but I think this has counted against Michael too often.

Ruebens himself has said that when he first joined things were terrible at Ferrari but that he has changed the team's atmosphere significantly in terms of treatment between Ferrari's two driver's.

DON'T GET ME WRONG Michael Schumacher is still the no 1 Ferrari driver and the team's main ace but I don't think Massa will be disadvantaged too much. I think things will be roughly the same for both drivers at Ferrari next year.

Of course, do you give the major focus to a first year race driver for the team, or the 7 times WDC? Not to Massa of course so equal footing no, but roughly the same yes. Yes miracles can happen. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is disappointing sometimes to think how many people have put M Schumacher's dominance in Ferrari down to the fact that he is the number 1 driver and the focus of the team. I think people use it as a way to take away some of his ability as a driver by saying his teamates were severely disadvantaged. True, in the past they have been but I think this has counted against Michael too often.

Ruebens himself has said that when he first joined things were terrible at Ferrari but that he has changed the team's atmosphere significantly in terms of treatment between Ferrari's two driver's.

DON'T GET ME WRONG Michael Schumacher is still the no 1 Ferrari driver and the team's main ace but I don't think Massa will be disadvantaged too much. I think things will be roughly the same for both drivers at Ferrari next year.

Of course, do you give the major focus to a first year race driver for the team, or the 7 times WDC? Not to Massa of course so equal footing no, but roughly the same yes. Yes miracles can happen. ;)

Ferrari has been very competitive relative to its opponents, Michael is the contractual no. 1 and his team-mates have been weak. Hence he has dominated. Its quite simple. Rubens blamed the atmosphere at Ferrari for his departure so you are talking rubbish.

_1983166_schuminew300ap.jpg

Austria 2002.

Either Michael is the contractual no. 1 thus Rubens was contractually obliged to let his team-mate win

Or

Rubens is a very generous chap, decided that he didn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Felipe Massa is adamant that he'll have the same status as Michael Schumacher at Ferrari next season, and is in fact looking forward to challenging the seven-time World Champion.

Massa, who will replace Rubens Barrichello at the Italian outfit in 2006, is eager for the new season to begin, as he believes going head-to-head with Schumacher in the same machinery is the greatest test any driver can face in Formula One.

Massa also refuted claims that he would have to play second fiddle to Schumacher, Ferrari's number one driver.

"I don't think that will happen anymore, as a few things have changed - not much at Ferrari, but in this sport itself.'

"So I'm not worried."

and people think JENSEN makes wild out-of-this-world claims? :rolleyes:

Of course, do you give the major focus to a first year race driver for the team, or the 7 times WDC? Not to Massa of course so equal footing no, but roughly the same yes. Yes miracles can happen. ;)

You DO give the major focus to the NEW driver if your name is Ron Dennis and the driver is Finnish, despite the fact you already have a perfectly capable, experienced driver in David Coulthard. and then you wonder why experienced driver leaves and new driver keeps missing out on championships. :naughty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness to RD I would rather have KR than DC. (Mind you now he's been lumbered with a fat columbian so maybe you have a point)

I see you are having some difficulties Senna! You must be patient. Schumi13 kind of makes his bias clear from the start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferrari has been very competitive relative to its opponents, Michael is the contractual no. 1 and his team-mates have been weak. Hence he has dominated. Its quite simple. Rubens blamed the atmosphere at Ferrari for his departure so you are talking rubbish.

Ruebens left because he couldn't hack Schumi passing him at Monaco. He certainly didnt let him pass. And he did say the atmosphere had improved. So I'm not talking rubbish thankyou very much.

I don't like Rubens but we'll see how weak he is next year against Britain's overrated Button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MS has benefited from this arrangement and the statistics show it.

but at the same time, you can't deny he has EARNED the right to the number one status long before anybody was asked to play 2nd fiddle to him.

I don't think Irvine was second fiddle to MS to quite the same degree as Rubens has been over the years, i mean he could have been 1999 champion following MS silverstone crash had it not been for a few mistakes with tyre changes in late races in the season. To be fair to Irvine he DID get the title fight mathematically all the way down to the last round in Japan despite these mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I think he did earn it as I said but nevertheless that status has improved his statistics (although they would be good regardless). I think IE was perhaps in a position to help less often (although Suzuka springs to mind). He was pretty useless. Rubinho is far far superior. The only reason Eddie got so close was because MS had no chance (and so MS helped him out for once).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No I think he did earn it as I said but nevertheless that status has improved his statistics (although they would be good regardless). I think IE was perhaps in a position to help less often (although Suzuka springs to mind). He was pretty useless. Rubinho is far far superior. The only reason Eddie got so close was because MS had no chance (and so MS helped him out for once).

and in the process of helping Irvine, managed to get to 4th or 5th in the drivers title, despite missing from Silverstone to Malaysia (Senna, i may be slightly innacurate here, feel free to correct me but I hope my memory is quite good) and, Ferrari to the constructors title too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If I remember correctly, Rubens said something analogous to what Massa is reported to have said just before he joined Ferrari. He quickly came to his senses!

6 years???? That's hardly quick..... :eusa_think:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and in the process of helping Irvine, managed to get to 4th or 5th in the drivers title, despite missing from Silverstone to Malaysia (Senna, i may be slightly innacurate here, feel free to correct me but I hope my memory is quite good) and, Ferrari to the constructors title too.

As the resident statistician, I shall indeed correct you, although almost all of what you said is correct.

Ferrari were constructors champions in 1999

Michael finished 5th in the WDC of 1999.

Michael broke his leg at Silverstone and returned for the Malaysian Grand Prix. He missed Austria, Germany, Hungary, Belgium, Italy and Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In fairness to RD I would rather have KR than DC. (Mind you now he's been lumbered with a fat columbian so maybe you have a point)

I would have to agree with you. Kimi is a better driver than Coulthard but it wasnt between DC and KR. Coulthard got replaced by Montoya and in my opinion Montoya is no better than Coulthard. I was really hoping that DC would get a Renault or BAR driver for 2006 so he could wipe the floor with McLaren (especially Montoya) but he resigned with Red Bull unfortunatly. Though you never know, they could create a race winning car next year. (anything is possible)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michael Schumacher the greatest Formula one racing driver ever statistically and ironically only deserves a clear no.1 status.
Senna didn't need such status. No driver deserves a clear no.1 status.
and people think JENSEN makes wild out-of-this-world claims?

he does, it's just that Massa does as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As the resident statistician, I shall indeed correct you, although almost all of what you said is correct.

Ferrari were constructors champions in 1999

Michael finished 5th in the WDC of 1999.

Michael broke his leg at Silverstone and returned for the Malaysian Grand Prix. He missed Austria, Germany, Hungary, Belgium, Italy and Europe.

maybe 4th was wishful thinking on my part ^_^ but to miss six races and still get 5th is no mean feat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Massa's not afraid to challenge Schumi"

What a load of Cr@p MAssa!!!

Clearly this was just before he read his new Ferrari Contract!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.

he does, it's just that Massa does as well

cmon

agree that betn seasons jenson speaks some crap when he has nothing else to do ,but he is not as bad as massa in shooting his mouth :icon2_yuk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cmon

agree that betn seasons jenson speaks some crap when he has nothing else to do ,but he is not as bad as massa in shooting his mouth :icon2_yuk:

which was my point with the "ppl think jensen makes wild claims" comment... Massa's are far more fanciful than anything Jensen has said about any given year being 'his'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comments that Massa is reported to have made are far more ludicrous than anything Jenson has ever said. Well, probably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...