Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Red Bull's 2007 Driver Line Up

A driver is only worth what the team are willing to pay. The numbers are pretty irrelevant except that they give forums something to chew on. If the figures came from F1-business, then I'm pretty certain that they are all complete fabrication, like many of their articles (allegedly :rolleyes: ).

You did'nt know this?, he's getting about 26mil at Mclaren from 2007 onwards...and then he claims he's not moving for the money...bulls##t

No I didn't. As for him moving for money, whilst it may have played a role in his decision, I really think he's moving for a totally new challenge and in the meantime is getting paid handsomely for it. If I were in his exact position, I, and most if not all on here would do exactly the same thing.

No I didn't. As for him moving for money, whilst it may have played a role in his decision, I really think he's moving for a totally new challenge and in the meantime is getting paid handsomely for it. If I were in his exact position, I, and most if not all on here would do exactly the same thing.

I tend to think different my friend, Alonso has built with the Renault team, and the car has now made him champion! No need to leave, even this year Renault seems to be the class of the field. Short term, contrary to what we think, Renault is far from pulling out of the F1 arena, Flavio's desperate attempts to secure a seat for Kimi (he even flew to meet the Renault boss on this subject), proves to me they are here to stay. Hell, there's even talks of Schumacher's manager Weber meeting to discusss salaries with Renault.

But it is now so obvious to Alonso that he might earn lesser with Renault in the future than a team with clearly a larger budget. Hence his move. Either he moves thinking the sun is shining out of his arse and his presence will automatically make the Mercedes engine reliable, or he'll go for the salary cause he's got nothing to prove now.

Money makes the world go round mate, clearly it has the upper hand in Alonso's decision....

whoever gets that renault seat is going to be in an extreeemely enviable position. It cant break down no matter what u do to it! If kovalainen does get it, then he's the luckiest rookie in history (except J Villeneuve)

whoever gets that renault seat is going to be in an extreeemely enviable position. It cant break down no matter what u do to it! If kovalainen does get it, then he's the luckiest rookie in history (except J Villeneuve)

I hope he gets it, he seems genuinely talented....

plus a another fin to support heh

Alonso has built with the Renault team, and the car has now made him champion!
That's the point mate. I read an interview with him, he says that he is very comfortable in the team and achieved the aim of winning the title, so now he wants to move from his comfort zone at Renault and see how he goes at a new team.

It's similar to what Michael did. He was really comfortable at Benetton and after achieving their aims, he decided he needed a new challenge and left for Ferrari. Of course, Michael's move to Ferrari was alot more gutsier (well in my eyes anyway) considering they were not at the level that McLaren are now (which of course is where Alonso is moving to).

If kovalainen does get it, then he's the luckiest rookie in history (except J Villeneuve)

You're talking rubbish mate. Sure, Jacques had a slight element of luck in debuting with the best car, but at the end of the day, he still had to get the job done and impress, just as Heikki will should he get the Renault seat as I and many others expect. The fact that major teams with the best machinery took a major interest in these two as rookies is a credit to both the team and the drivers for showing their talents in their respective fields prior to F1.

Of course, Michael's move to Ferrari was alot more gutsier (well in my eyes anyway) considering they were not at the level that McLaren are now (which of course is where Alonso is moving to).

Certainly.......you have to give it to Micheal

You're talking rubbish mate. Sure, Jacques had a slight element of luck in debuting with the best car, but at the end of the day, he still had to get the job done and impress, just as Heikki will should he get the Renault seat as I and many others expect. The fact that major teams with the best machinery took a major interest in these two as rookies is a credit to both the team and the drivers for showing their talents in their respective fields prior to F1.

Hey I never said JV's 96 season was down to luck - what I'm saying is Kovalainen and JV debuted with the best possible team at the time (if kovalainen does get the race drive), so they're the most FORTUNATE rookies in f1 ever!!! I'm not taking anything away from what JV did during 1996

That's the point mate. I read an interview with him, he says that he is very comfortable in the team and achieved the aim of winning the title, so now he wants to move from his comfort zone at Renault and see how he goes at a new team.

It's similar to what Michael did. He was really comfortable at Benetton and after achieving their aims, he decided he needed a new challenge and left for Ferrari.

What is actually "the point" is that Michael went on to become the world richest driver! So it is true about the "similiarities". Michael those days went on saying he wants to help Ferrari be champions(driver and constructers) again, when in fact thats where the real money lay waiting....

anyway, not gonna debate on this money issue anymore Nojv... this is my opinion

so they're the most FORTUNATE rookies in f1 ever!!!

Oh, my apologies then, I misread your comment. I must say I totally agree with you on that point then.