Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

The Ashes And Champions Trophy

The fact still remains that Muralitharan has played more tests in the Sub Continient than Warne has. And has had the opportunity to take wickets on pitches that are more favourable to spin than Australian pitches. See my point??

But I take your point that against other countries they are very evenly matched.

But I take your point that against other countries they are very evenly matched.

Against most countries in away games Muralitharan has better statistics compared to Warne

The fact still remains that Muralitharan has played more tests in the Sub Continient than Warne has. And has had the opportunity to take wickets on pitches that are more favourable to spin than Australian pitches. See my point??

Here are Muralitharan's statistics from his home tests compared to his away tests.

Home

Tests - 61

Wickets - 406

Bowling Average - 19.65

Runs Per Over - 2.25

Away

Tests - 48

Wickets - 263

Bowling Average - 24.76

Runs Per Over - 2.57

Here are Warne's home and away statistics.

Away

Tests - 73

Wickets - 362

Bowling Average - 25.50

Runs Per Over - 2.69

Home

Tests - 67

Wickets - 310

Bowling Average - 26.59

Runs Per Over - 2.59

Against most countries in away games Muralitharan has better statistics compared to Warne

Here are Muralitharan's statistics from his home tests compared to his away tests.

Home

Tests - 61

Wickets - 406

Bowling Average - 19.65

Runs Per Over - 2.25

Away

Tests - 48

Wickets - 263

Bowling Average - 24.76

Runs Per Over - 2.57

Here are Warne's home and away statistics.

Away

Tests - 73

Wickets - 362

Bowling Average - 25.50

Runs Per Over - 2.69

Home

Tests - 67

Wickets - 310

Bowling Average - 26.59

Runs Per Over - 2.59

Thanks for that Ykick :D

So MM has played 61 tests at home and taken 406 wickets

Vs.

SW has played 67 tests at home and taken 310 wickets

This backs my point up.

My point revolves around MM having pitches that spin opposed to the Australian pitches that Warne has to deal with.

Thanks for that Ykick :D

So MM has played 61 tests at home and taken 406 wickets

Vs.

SW has played 67 tests at home and taken 310 wickets

This backs my point up.

My point revolves around MM having pitches that spin opposed to the Australian pitches that Warne has to deal with.

But another important point is that Muralitharan's away statistics are better than Warne's away statistics. On another note until this point i didnt realise how many statistics there are in cricket. Its enough to make your head explode :D

But another important point is that Muralitharan's away statistics are better than Warne's away statistics. On another note until this point i didnt realise how many statistics there are in cricket. Its enough to make your head explode :D

Yes thats true Muralitharan has better away stats than Warne.

Tell me about it the statistics in cricket is unreal. Most commentry teams have their own full time statisticians now.

Thanks for all the stats aswell Ykick, it made for a good conversation :D

Tell me about it the statistics in cricket is unreal. Most commentry teams have their own full time statisticians now.

I personally cant think of a sport anywhere else in the world which has more statistics.

Thanks for all the stats aswell Ykick, it made for a good conversation :D

Your welcome :D

Im watching the cricket at the moment and i must say i love to watch and listen to the "Barmy Army". Its a great sound hearing the entire army signing as it gives a match a great atmosphere.

And the stupid sycophantic eulogies keep flowing. Give him credit, but best bowler of all time? Bah. The best bowler of all time is called Curtly Ambrose. The best batsman of all time is Donald Bradman. The best all rounder of all time is Garfield Sobers.

India and Australia may play ODI series in New York

Australia and India could meet in a one-day series in North America this year with New York and Toronto shaping as the likely venues. But player workloads and the suitability of grounds mean the planned venture is no certainty, according to Cricket Australia.

Michael Brown, CA's operations manager, said India had approached Australia with a proposal for the limited-overs series. "You never say never but details at this stage are sketchy," Brown told The Sunday Mail.

Another possible stumbling block in the negotiations could be wrangling over the percentage of revenues to be shared between the two boards, with Australia reportedly demanding an equal share and the Indians demurring. Australia's tight schedule features a trip to Zimbabwe in June, between the World Cup in March and April and the Twenty20 world championship in September.

"There is also the issue of player leave," Brown said. "So there are a few things to consider. India wanted to hold a tournament similar to the one we had in Kuala Lumpur."

A bilateral contest between India and the world's number one team is aimed at capitalising on India's lucrative pay television market, with each of the planned seven games expected to generate up to $6 million. A triangular contest would mean lesser returns for each participant and the possibility of a relative lack of viewer interest if India fails to reach the finals, as happened in the DLF Cup in Malaysia in October. The BCCI reportedly sold the offshore television rights for each game in the series that featured India for $US5.8m but had to offload the Australia-West Indies matches for only $US1.2m.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported that India held the upper hand in negotiations as other nations would jump at the opportunity should Australia pass up the chance. But it also suggested the Indian board was desperate to play Australia if they hoped to raise $42 million from the series.

It's believed an indoor NFL stadium in New York would host the games, meaning the matches would be played on a synthetic pitch. But Brown had his own doubts. "I'm not even sure whether they would have a suitable ground in New York," he said.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content...ory/277115.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this isnt true as it is a really stupid idea.

Cool... But who the hell watches cricket in the US??? British, Aussie & South African tourists?

Cool... But who the hell watches cricket in the US??? British, Aussie & South African tourists?

They do have a US cricket association but i think its a rather small organisation. I personally think it is pointless trying to introduce cricket to America instead we shoud be focusing on countries where cricket is a growth sport and could use a couple of international teams to boost its popularity.

NRI(Non-Resident Indians) would be the biggest source of revenue for the match and indian students in America will go especially if it is on saturday. it will be packed if played.

NRI(Non-Resident Indians) would be the biggest source of revenue for the match and indian students in America will go especially if it is on saturday. it will be packed if played.

The must be alot of expats from cricketing nations in America if they truly believe they will get a full stadium.

The must be alot of expats from cricketing nations in America if they truly believe they will get a full stadium.

They will there are TONS. seriously it is an ever increasing and shocking number.