Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bathurst1000

Catalunya Test

The absolute latest... WOW, Im loving this Mclarens & Bmw's!!!

1 Pedro de la Rosa (McLaren) 1:22.634

2 Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber) 1:22.635 + 0.001

3 Fernando Alonso (McLaren) 1:22.726 + 0.092

It's McLaren... If their cars finish more races than Ferrari or Renault, I promise to eat a hat full of Sh#t. I've seen enough, McLaren is not interested in having a reliable car.

get ready whiskee, I will come back to you with a race to spare when the driver and constructors championship for 2007 taken by McLaren.

The test have come to an end today with a red flag, Its either Trulli or Montagny stopping after curve no 10 causing the redflags.

Well lets meet tomorrow for further ferrari bashing by McLaren in the hands of Alonso.

Mclaren back on top and I am loving it,

GO ALONSO GO

ALONSO WDC 2005/2006 & 2007

Hey masterplans it says that u are a female from India. i just can't believe it. which city are u from? What amazes me is that u are so supportive of Mclaren. jus wondering what u'r name is..............

get ready whiskee, I will come back to you with a race to spare when the driver and constructors championship for 2007 taken by McLaren.

Okay u can be optimistic but not THAT optimistic. Ther's a very fine line between optimism and over-confidence in the world of Formula1.

moving on.... it seems Mclaren are 1-3 today, though i would like to swap Fernando's times with pedro's.

De la Rosa just edges Kubica at Barcelona

Monday, February 12th 2007, 16:45 GMT

The McLaren team again showed their form in pre-season testing at Barcelona, where Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa topped the times on the opening day of this week's test.

De la Rosa, however, beat BMW-Sauber's Robert Kubica by just a thousand of a second as the German squad continued to show they could be the surprise of the season judging by their current form.

World champion Fernando Alonso completed a good day for McLaren with the third best time of the day, less than a tenth behind teammate de la Rosa.

Ferrari, meanwhile, endured a dismal day, with both Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen being hit by electrical problems which hindered their programme and cut their running short.

More to follow...

Today's times:

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes 1:22.634 76

2. Kubica BMW-Sauber 1:22.635 60

3. Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 1:22.726 56

4. Wurz Williams-Toyota 1:23.037 44

5. Massa Ferrari 1:23.077 29

6. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:23.215 79

7. Trulli Toyota 1:23.239 74

8. Kovalainen Renault 1:23.491 55

9. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:23.602 78

10. Glock BMW-Sauber 1:23.653 61

11. Fisichella Renault 1:23.869 79

12. Montagny Toyota 1:24.015 64

13. Klien Honda 1:24.227 51

14. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 1:24.291 80

15. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:24.531 83

16. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda 1:24.574 66

17. Barrichello Honda 1:24.934 24

18. Sutil Spyker-Ferrari 1:25.581 83

All Timing Unofficial

What on earth are the Honda's doing all the way down there! :dam::huh:

PS - anyone know when they launch their livery? I'm bored of that black car.

Okay u can be optimistic but not THAT optimistic. Ther's a very fine line between optimism and over-confidence in the world of Formula1.

moving on.... it seems Mclaren are 1-3 today, though i would like to swap Fernando's times with pedro's.

la force supreme des mclaren, i take your point on ptimism and over confidence. My optimism stems from the point that McLaren had signed up Alonso for 2007 more than a year back (after the 2005 season was over) adn they had ll the time in the world prepare for this season.

Also the initial testing form and the reliability are indicators of the way the 2007 season is likely unfold. Look at the other teams.

Ferrari -

Cons - No Schumi, new Driver, No Todt in the paddock, No Brawn and an instable stepney, car breaker kimi.

Pros - bridgestone and bridgestone only.

Renault -

Cons - No Alonso, Fisi - never a champion material, an occassional winner (proved in 2005 & 2006), people leaving hem from aero side, the initial gremlins with R27 and the incumbent.

pros - relatively unstested driver in Kovi and the learning from the last two years of being the champs (doesnt matter much without Alonso, FA score more than twice the points than GF during 2005 and 2006 with the same equipment)

Honda do not have a remote chance of mounting the title challenege this year atleast.

Toyota - We need more participants (sorry ralf, Sorry trulli)

BMW - Much improved 2006 and even more improvement in 2007, will be amonth the top three teams in 2007.

RBR - Sorry DC, you are getting older every season and your hopes with RB3 is already up in smoke. Webber this year will learn that he should never burn the bridges after crossing it, he would have been better off staying at Williams.

Williams - Bad 2006, are out to challenge the top teams this year, lack experienced driver lineup.

Can you now find the reason for my optimism.

:( Looks like the lack of a good development driver at Ferrari is telling already. Looks like BMW could be the only hope against the evil empire this year.

I take this bet. :clap3:

Ya folks can't imagine the pain McLaren caused to those who were there for Kimi... I'm so damn happy I don't have to see finnish drivers at McLaren anymore. It's the same song every year at Woking, no matter what the team does or promises. To blame a driver for breaking cars is an excuse, or are they supposed to break down from throttling? :rolleyes:

la force supreme des mclaren, i take your point on ptimism and over confidence. My optimism stems from the point that McLaren had signed up Alonso for 2007 more than a year back (after the 2005 season was over) adn they had ll the time in the world prepare for this season.

Also the initial testing form and the reliability are indicators of the way the 2007 season is likely unfold. Look at the other teams.

Ferrari -

Cons - No Schumi, new Driver, No Todt in the paddock, No Brawn and an instable stepney, car breaker kimi.

Pros - bridgestone and bridgestone only.

Renault -

Cons - No Alonso, Fisi - never a champion material, an occassional winner (proved in 2005 & 2006), people leaving hem from aero side, the initial gremlins with R27 and the incumbent.

pros - relatively unstested driver in Kovi and the learning from the last two years of being the champs (doesnt matter much without Alonso, FA score more than twice the points than GF during 2005 and 2006 with the same equipment)

Honda do not have a remote chance of mounting the title challenege this year atleast.

Toyota - We need more participants (sorry ralf, Sorry trulli)

BMW - Much improved 2006 and even more improvement in 2007, will be amonth the top three teams in 2007.

RBR - Sorry DC, you are getting older every season and your hopes with RB3 is already up in smoke. Webber this year will learn that he should never burn the bridges after crossing it, he would have been better off staying at Williams.

Williams - Bad 2006, are out to challenge the top teams this year, lack experienced driver lineup.

Can you now find the reason for my optimism.

Yeah i see your point but can u remotely remember Honda at this point last year, ooh aah, they were setting fastest times, racking up miles over two race distances and just everybody in the racing world thought they were up for it in 2006.

I'm not pessimistic or negative or anything like that but i'm just saying that things change very quickly in the world of F1.

But Hey i'm a Mclaren fan and i too like you hope for a successful 2007 for our boys at Mclaren. That's all. :)

p.s: How about that previous question i asked u about?The one with u'r name and city.....

What on earth are the Honda's doing all the way down there! :dam::huh:

PS - anyone know when they launch their livery? I'm bored of that black car.

I am reminded of the McLaren orange car last year and then they launched the actual livery. they ran all the tests in that boring orange. they got screwed.

moral of the story - Honda will get crewed this year. I am sorry mate.

Testing is not tuning out at all like i expected. But we all have to remember that it is testing about some of the teams could be sandbagging.

Except Red Bull, who are just plain crap :clap3:

Don't expect a major change in running ordera t Melbourne from what you see now.

PS: It's good to see BMW going well, they can perhaps once and for always put an end to the myth that it is incredibly hard to switch tyre manufacturers and win.

I take this bet. :clap3:

Ya folks can't imagine the pain McLaren caused to those who were there for Kimi... I'm so damn happy I don't have to see finnish drivers at McLaren anymore. It's the same song every year at Woking, no matter what the team does or promises. To blame a driver for breaking cars is an excuse, or are they supposed to break down from throttling? :rolleyes:

Whiskee, Kimi has already carried his share of luck I mean bad luck to Ferrari and you can now see the performace of Ferrari... consistently breaking down.

BTW if you are FINN, please remember the last time a FINN won a race, a drivers championship was with McLaren and not with ferrari and neither will they win a championship with FINN in the c#ckpit.

Mclaren. Obviously :mellow: Don't you know?

:P

Is everyone from India now :blink:

U've gotta be kiddin!

I'll give three good reasons why Ferrari are the real evil.

1.shutting out global tv audiences.making them lose intrest in F1

2. FIA- Welcome to the Ferrari International Assistance.

3. FOM- Ferrari's own managment.

I'll give you four five reasons why Mclaren are the true evil:

1) Alonso

2) Don Dennis

3) Pedro

4) Alonso

5) Alonso

A more accurate reason would be

1. Ron Dennis

2. Ron Dennis

3. Ron Dennis

4. Ron Dennis

5. Ron Dennis

I'll give you four five reasons why Mclaren are the true evil:

1) Alonso

2) Don Dennis

3) Pedro

4) Alonso

5) Alonso

Yeah Right! That's just plain Bull crap! Mclaren did nothing to bring the sport into disrepute,Ferrari have a whole truckload of issues which brought shame to the sport,most notably monaco 2006.

What did they do? just sent him to the back of the grid,instead of banning them for two races. Honda's stuff at Imola in 2005 was a baby's thing compared to this!

I just can't believe u,an Indian,a symbol for truthfulness and honesty is supporting Ferrari. Damn shame mate!