Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

V8 Supercars

I'm glad that we have at least got the Supercars on track tomorrow :clap3:

Agreed. Im going to fire up the video machine for the race so i can watch it over and over again :D

I think we actually get qually on TV this year too. Delayed but still, thats a new thing. As usual the races will be delayed though. They show race 1 on sunday arvo and race 2 late sunday night. Tossers.

The practice sessions are done and are quite interesting.

Ford Performance Racing - They look fast with Winterbottom topping the timesheets in the 2nd practice session

Jim Beam Racing - So far the biggest supprise with strong performances in both practice sessions

Toll HSV Dealer - Look competitive

Holden Racing Team - Strong showing

In the 2nd practice session the top 18 drivers were all within 1 second of each other which is good news as this season sounds like its going to be a competitive one.

The practice sessions are done and are quite interesting.

Ford Performance Racing - They look fast with Winterbottom topping the timesheets in the 2nd practice session

Jim Beam Racing - So far the biggest supprise with strong performances in both practice sessions

Toll HSV Dealer - Look competitive

Holden Racing Team - Strong showing

In the 2nd practice session the top 18 drivers were all within 1 second of each other which is good news as this season sounds like its going to be a competitive one.

:clap3:

I wish you could get the race live Mike. I would offer to tape it for you and mail it to you but unfortuantly i only have a PAL video machine while all the video machines in America have NTSC formatt.

No problem, just keep posting whatever tidbits you have here...no worries on ruining the races; even if I know the outcome, it doesn't spoil the fun of watching them later! I'm clearing some time to read V8 websites so I'll be up-to-speed.

Qualifying Results

1. Jeld-Wen Motorsport James Courtney Ford Falcon BF - 1:22.3584

2. Team Vodafone Jamie Whincup Ford Falcon BF - 1:22.4712 - 0:00.1128

3. Toll HSV Dealer Team Garth Tander Holden Commodore VE - 1:22.5496 - 0:00.1912

4. Ford Performance Racing Mark Winterbottom Ford Falcon BF - 1:22.5900 - 0:00.2316

5. Tasman Motorsport Jason Richards Holden Commodore VE - 1:22.6406 - 0:00.2822

6. Team Vodafone Craig Lowndes Ford Falcon BF - 1:22.6513 - 0:00.2929

7. Holden Racing Team Todd Kelly Holden Commodore VE - 1:22.6850 - 0:00.3266

8. Caltex Racing Russell Ingall Ford Falcon BF - 1:22.6960 - 0:00.3376

9. Jim Beam Racing Steven Johnson Ford Falcon BF - 1:22.7326 - 0:00.3742

10. Valvoline Cummins Race Team Lee Holdsworth Holden Commodore VZ - 1:23.3118 - 0:00.9534

11. Tasman Motorsport Greg Murphy Holden Commodore VE - 1:22.9274 - 0:00.5690

12. Fujitsu Racing Jason Bright Ford Falcon BF - 1:22.9992 - 0:00.6408

13. Jim Beam Racing Will Davison Ford Falcon BF - 1:23.0449 - 0:00.6865

14. Valvoline Cummins Race Team Dean Canto Holden Commodore VE - 1:23.0614 - 0:00.7030

15. Toll HSV Dealer Team Rick Kelly Holden Commodore VE - 1:23.0704 - 0:00.7120

16. Ford Performance Racing Steven Richards Ford Falcon BF - 1:23.0722 - 0:00.7138

17. Holden Racing Team Mark Skaife Holden Commodore VE - 1:23.1464 - 0:00.7880

18. Team BOC Andrew Jones Ford Falcon BF - 1:23.2983 - 0:00.9399

19. WPS Racing Jason Bargwanna Ford Falcon BF - 1:23.5071 - 0:01.1487

20. Supercheap Auto Racing Paul Dumbrell Holden Commodore VE - 1:24.5840 - 0:02.2256

21. Glenfords Racing John Bowe Ford Falcon BF - 1:23.6123 - 0:01.2539

22. Team Sirromet Wines Paul Morris Holden Commodore VZ - 1:23.6507 - 0:01.2923

23. WPS Racing Max Wilson Ford Falcon BF - 1:23.6656 - 0:01.3072

24. Supercheap Auto Racing Cameron McConville Holden Commodore VZ - 1:23.7515 - 0:01.3931

25. Team Sirromet Wines Fabian Coulthard Holden Commodore VZ - 1:23.8029 - 0:01.4445

26. Jack Daniel's Racing Jack Perkins Holden Commodore VE - 1:23.8635 - 0:01.5051

27. IRWIN Racing Alan Gurr Ford Falcon BF - 1:23.8805 - 0:01.5221

28. Team BOC Brad Jones Ford Falcon BF - 1:23.9948 - 0:01.6364

29. Autobarn Racing Steve Owen Holden Commodore VZ - 1:24.0337 - 0:01.6753

30. Team Kiwi Racing Adam Macrow Ford Falcon BF - 1:24.1811 - 0:01.8227

31. Jack Daniel's Racing Shane Price Holden Commodore VE - 1:24.2683 - 0:01.9099

Stone Brothers racing are looking very strong once again.

Courtney is so fast after only 1 season. Ingall should be doing well also.

I'm tipping Loundes for this season I think.

Only a couple of hours to go untill race one in Adelaide :D I'm so excited. After the race I'm off to the Super 14 Rugby to see the Queensland Reds play the Lions at Suncorp Stadium. (In the corporate box mind you!!)

See you guys and girls on Monday.

Only a couple of hours to go untill race one in Adelaide :D I'm so excited. After the race I'm off to the Super 14 Rugby to see the Queensland Reds play the Lions at Suncorp Stadium. (In the corporate box mind you!!)

See you guys and girls on Monday.

The only way to watch live sport...

Have a great night ... Go the REDS !!!

what, they now have a top 20 shoot out?

No its actually the same as F1's new qualifying system.

First 15 Minutes - All 31 cars out on track and at the end the bottom 11 get dropped

Second 15 minutes - 20 Cars on track and at the end the bottom 10 get dropped

Third 15 minutes - Final 10 cars on track to decide qualifying.

However for the endurance races they still have the old formatt but the new formatt applies to all the other rounds.

I think some highlights are on tonight at 7PM for the UK fans and 2:30 PM on Sunday for one of the races.

Really can't wait, I think we'll see a few more 'new' drivers coming towords the top.

Hey guys

Would any of you know where i can get a copy of the footage of the sunday clipsal 500 last weekend???? please

Hey guys

Would any of you know where i can get a copy of the footage of the sunday clipsal 500 last weekend???? please

Welcome to the forum hossey :D

Sorry mate, I didn't record the race.

Maybe you can try and contact channel 7 and see if they would sell you a copy of their telecast. I doubt it thou, but might be worth asking. Let us know how you get on.

:D

Welcome to the forum hossey :D

Sorry mate, I didn't record the race.

Maybe you can try and contact channel 7 and see if they would sell you a copy of their telecast. I doubt it thou, but might be worth asking. Let us know how you get on.

:D

no luck they dont sell it :( i need a torrent! ive been searchign for the last 3 hours adn they are all of the last years one :( do u have any other forums maybe i can ask at???

no luck they dont sell it :( i need a torrent! ive been searchign for the last 3 hours adn they are all of the last years one :( do u have any other forums maybe i can ask at???

Bugger :(

The races weren't that action packed tbh, they were very exciting though and still a good watch. I have to say the second race was twice as good as the first.

There's a good highlights clip on youtube.

---

Quite pleased with the result, Ingall should be in contension now. Annoying how the Kellys keep winning.

The races weren't that action packed tbh, they were very exciting though and still a good watch. I have to say the second race was twice as good as the first.

Yes the first race was abit on the dull side but the 2nd race was alot better.

Annoying how the Kellys keep winning.

Dont worry as drivers like James Courtney, Mark Winterbottom and Craig Lowndes all look fast.

Lowndes seemed to get a bit caught up in traffic and the drive through penalty seemed to make him give up a little.

Courtney was a lot quicker than I expected, he had a very good season last year but he's really improved.

---

Some nice new liverys also, too much red and orange for my liking though. :P