Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spitfire

Shumacher Fans Run For Your Wallets

I just found this for sale in the classifieds on the Sports Car Vintage Racing Association web site.

Benetton B-194 - Chassis 08. This is the genuine Benetton car as raced in 1994 by Michael Schumacher, effectively winning his first world championship. Car is in concourse condition with the original paint. It is fitted and run with the correct 3.5 litre Ford-Cosworth ZETEC R air-valve V-8 engine. Car is run exactly as “in the day” with paddle-shift, shift w/o lift and traction control. $750,000. The site has full contact details but I chose not to post those here.

Yum................

Too expensive for a car we all know is dented :naughty:

:lol:

Note: Only light damage, mainly on the right hand side.

Explanation of Damage: Vendor & Driver claim that the vehicle has a very bad blind spot, amazingly this blind spot appears only when a World Championship in on the line, and when driver has already hit the wall at the previous corner.

Larry Connor, a developer from Ohio owns it. I saw him race it this past fall at the historic races at Road Atlanta. There he set the outright Road Atlanta track record with like a 1:00 or something ridiculous like that (McNish has the LMP1 record in a R8 with a 1:10). He was lapping other cars in the BOSS series by lap 3.

Here is a link to a pic of Connor in the Benneton leading JV's CART Championship winning car: http://www.hsrrace.com/HSR/photogal.nsf/plinks/PHOR-6PFVK7

Oooh, well, i'd love to have one of those...

If I had $750,000,000 and a whole Pit Crew to look after it.

I just found this for sale in the classifieds on the Sports Car Vintage Racing Association web site.

Benetton B-194 - Chassis 08. This is the genuine Benetton car as raced in 1994 by Michael Schumacher, effectively winning his first world championship. Car is in concourse condition with the original paint. It is fitted and run with the correct 3.5 litre Ford-Cosworth ZETEC R air-valve V-8 engine. Car is run exactly as

But wait a minute, I'm confused, wasn't traction control illegal in 94?

Oh I remember, Benetton had traction control fitted to the car but "never used it". ;)

The system must be as good as new.

You are trying to make them look like liars! That's so unfair!

They said of course they used it, just that they never, ever used it during race, honest!

They said that batting the eyelashes of their big, innocent eyes and, of course, it would be mean to penalize them after such statement!

Tsk, tsk...shame on you C21! :lol:

You are trying to make them look like liars! That's so unfair!

They said of course they used it, just that they never, ever used it during race, honest!

They said that batting the eyelashes of their big, innocent eyes and, of course, it would be mean to penalize them after such statement!

Tsk, tsk...shame on you C21! :lol:

I take it back, there has never been cheating in formula 1.

I deserve a slapped wrist, Schumi would never be party to underhand tactics.

But wait a minute, I'm confused, wasn't traction control illegal in 94?

Oh I remember, Benetton had traction control fitted to the car but "never used it". ;)

The system must be as good as new.

did you notice the w/o?