Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Turkish Gp Race

can everyone shutup? we got a very good racing last sunday.....no matter what the drama was. the top 4 were almost dry, they pushed each other to such an extent that they used more fuel than they planned...

I would say that this have been the best race of the year and it could have been better without the RB crash, I say this because people on RB said that LH would have passed Vettel had he not tried to pass Webber but Webber also was on say fuel mode but one thing that we don't know is which car is faster on fuel save mode once they were all on SFM they would be on similar pace again and even on a slower pace they would be still fighting each other until the last lap.

Webber onboard lap

just as a reference look the path of Webber on a normal lap, look at the point of the crash and compare where Webber should be at that point and where he was at the moment of the crash, the only reason he was there was to try to prevent the pass but Vettel was already in front and Webber caused the crash because he didn't want to make room for the car that had already passed him.

Ok. I'll humour you.

You have the racing line. Alonso, your teammate is just edging past you. Alonso knows and you knows there's NOT A CHANCE ON EARTH the move will stick, and should have waited until the next turn. You stick to your racing line. Are you right or wrong?

You can't possibly tell me you're wrong. You wouldn't make room for anybody. And you can't say that you're right. Because that means you're conceding that Webber is also.

So. Instead. Think of it like this. Its a racing Incident. They went racing at the wrong time to do so. Both at fault. But at least these guys have the nuts to race, as do the GB lads.

Ok. I'll humour you.

You have the racing line. Alonso, your teammate is just edging past you. Alonso knows and you knows there's NOT A CHANCE ON EARTH the move will stick, and should have waited until the next turn. You stick to your racing line. Are you right or wrong?

You can't possibly tell me you're wrong. You wouldn't make room for anybody. And you can't say that you're right. Because that means you're conceding that Webber is also.

So. Instead. Think of it like this. Its a racing Incident. They went racing at the wrong time to do so. Both at fault. But at least these guys have the nuts to race, as do the GB lads.

that's exactly mu point Webber didn't stick to the racing line, if you look at the crash video Webber is in front of Vettel and Vettel move th the right and so does Webber the is a big oppening to the left and Vettel goes through it, Webber closed to the right(look at the white line) and even when he knows that Vettel is already there and in front of him Webber does not give room, what I think fo this is that Webber was not trying to cause an accident but he want to slow Vettel down to the point that he would loose the position to Lewis a dangerous move that finally caused the accident, the one who was doing was right was Vettel who was passing a slower car in front on him in a straight, if that is notthe right place/time to do it we should have one lane racetracks from now on :P yes we can decide the winner based on reliability. :naughty:

Webber had the right of way. In my view, thats the racing line. There's no comeback tommy I'm sorry.

Webber had the right of way. In my view, thats the racing line. There's no comeback tommy I'm sorry.

Even Red Bull have admitted it.

Mark held the inside line and adopted a defensive position, which he is entitled to do. When Sebastian was three quarters of the way past, he moved to the right.

The reddish part never happened. eusa_think.gif

I guess you mean he ahd it until Vettel put his car in front, keep reading...

Even Red Bull have admitted it.

The reddish part never happened. eusa_think.gif

Yes it happened, the crash started when the Webbers'left front tire and Vettel's right read tire made contact, so yes Vettel had 3/4 of the car in front, keep reading...

Mosley blames Webber for collision

ESPNF1 Staff

June 3, 2010 « Red Bull drivers clear the air

Max Mosley blames Mark Webber for the collision in Turkey © Sutton Images Related LinksRace:Turkish Grand Prix Profiles:Sebastian Vettel | Mark Webber Former FIA president Max Mosley thinks Mark Webber is to blame for the incident that coast Red Bull Racing the chance of victory in Turkey.

Although Red Bull drew a line under the matter on Thursday by issuing a team statement from both drivers, Mosley told German newspaper Die Welt that he thinks the crash was Webber's fault.

"At the time of the accident Vettel was clearly faster than Webber. At this stage he [Vettel] had the right and the duty to overtake," said Mosley. "It can be clearly seen that Vettel had already passed Webber before the collision, and at that time Webber should have given him more space - especially as they were already on the far left side of the track. Now you could argue if it had not been Webber's team-mate, but as it was, he [Webber] should have respected his responsibility to the team."

Red Bull revealed afterwards that Webber was running a fuel-saving engine setting while Vettel was not, and that the Australian radioed the pits to ask Vettel to drop back. But the team claims Webber's race engineer failed to pass on a radio message warning the Australian not to resist an overtake from Vettel.

"The crucial point speaks for Vettel and against Webber - that one driver in this moment was fast, while the other was slow. Vettel was under pressure from Lewis Hamilton, he was faster than Webber, and to shake off the McLaren he needed to pass the slower Webber.

"Even if this situation was declared to the drivers by radio, this would not be a team order or a manipulation of the drivers' championship, but rather an explanation of a particular situation - [it is] necessary information for the drivers."

I am starting to miss Max Orgy I mean Mosley. :P

Dammit, now that Mosley has said that your cause is lost Tommy! We all know him :P

(Joking, joking...)

Dammit, now that Mosley has said that your cause is lost Tommy! We all know him :P

(Joking, joking...)

;) yeah, I should have known better :P

(Joking, joking...)

He must change the blue pills... he can´t think clearly... all blood goes down...