Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Turkish Gp Race

Ur wrong...they were wheel to wheel. Vettel was on the track and he wanted to move to the right to have a better entry into the turn. Mark didnt move he was holding his steering wheel straight and that is exactly how everyone should do it. Why moving to the right? Vettel knew he cant make the turn and mark has closed the doors perfectly. If vettel would be smart he would brake much earlier so he can go into the turn..

Im sorry but Mark did ok. He didnt give up and because of the stupidity of a driver who thinks he can win WDC, costed mark a win.

I won't answer anything to this, I'll wait for the video to be posted in youtube to post the link here, I would record the race but Speed will replay it on tuesday noon.

Vettel needs to turn his frustrationa and anger into a blinding drive. For the first time, I am seeing a Vettel who is getting truly fed up with mechanical woes and who is more than a little miffed that Webber is right there, even though I think Vettel could have and should have got pole.His body language in the post qualifying press conference was fascinating. He's either going to stuff it going into the first corner, in an attempt to get ahead, or we are going to see one of his finest drives ever. Either way, I think we have finally got Vettel with some fire in his belly.

Inevitabull.

Yep, i'd like to see the footage again. From what I could see, Webber maintained a straight line with enough gap for Vettel. Race commentators seemed to feel the same.

You've got rocks in your head Schumikonen. You and Vettel should duel it out for delusional supremacy! The closest shot I can get of Webber 'forcing' Vettel into the grass is this one:

webvvet.jpg

Shortly after Vettle moves to the right to try and take a better line into the corner and causes the collision. Simple. End of.

Vettel insists collision not his fault

By Dieter Rencken and Matt Beer Sunday, May 30th 2010, 13:44 GMT

Sebastian Vettel was adamant that he was not to blame for the collision with team-mate Mark Webber that cost Red Bull Racing a one-two finish in the Turkish Grand Prix.

Webber was leading Vettel on lap 41, with the McLarens just behind, when the German drew alongside approaching Turn 12. But the pair made contact, with Webber going wide and falling to third and Vettel forced to retire. McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button went on to finish first and second.

"Obviously, I think if you look at the pictures it was clear I had the inside," said Vettel. "I went on the inside, I was ahead and just going down to focus on the braking point and honestly, you can see we touched and he touched my right rear wheel and I went off."

He denied that the collision was going to put the intra-team relationships at Red Bull under strain.

"There is no fight," Vettel insisted. "This is something that happens. We do not need it but there is nothing we can do now.

"Obviously I am not very happy, I was inside focusing on the braking point, we touched and that was it."

He did not think he was clearly faster than Webber at that point, but was confident he could have completed the pass.

"I think at that stage, Mark, myself and Lewis were pretty much the same," Vettel said. "I was a bit quicker than Mark, I was getting closer and I knew I could maybe get him on the back straight. It was close, I passed him on the left and that was the story."

Guilty man pleads innocence! News at 6!! Thanks for the heads up Schumikonen...

racing incident...

:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: the cool-headed Jean Todt just closed this topic :D...need to say more? :blink:

****ing GO ON JENSON. That as they say is that, bitch!

Couldn't watch the race. Watch red button or highlights tonight.

Too optimistic for trying a pass on a straihgt on a slower? I think you should reconsider this post.

I think you should reconsider most of yours. Read below.

mad.gif Alonso stupidity just trashed Petrov brilliant race nono1.gif

Alonso's stupidity made him lose just 1 point against Massa in Turkey where the Brazilian has reigned 3 times with 3 wins and 3 poles. Do you want to reconsider it? laugh.gif

Well anyway I would just like to say... since most rank Lewis as the best, or one of, and Button as 2nd rate... Button is certainly not letting Lewis run away with it is he? I would say in truth they are fairly evenly matched in all honesty!

Red Bull's Marko turns on Webber after accident

May 30, 2010

Bull Red Bull's advisor Helmut Marko has backed Sebastian Vettel after a crash with team-mate Mark Webber in the Turkish Grand Prix cost the team a potential 1-2 finish.

Webber said Vettel had turned into him during the overtaking manoeuvre, but team advisor Helmut Marko pointed a clear finger of blame at the Australian and his race engineer Ciaron Pilbeam.

"Webber was slower and Vettel had immense pressure from Hamilton," Marko said on German television RTL. "Unfortunately, Mark was not told about the situation accurately by his race engineer."

"He [Webber] had radioed the pits to say he was slower on the straights. He knew the situation and had just been informed about the pressure Hamilton was putting on [Vettel]. Vettel was so much faster that he had to pass. If Webber and he had braked together, then Hamilton would have passed Vettel."

Christian Horner was more balanced and told the BBC: "From a team perspective I'm really disappointed because the team had done everything right. We'd outstrategied the McLarens, who were strong today …. to see both cars touch each other was really disappointing.

"I've spoken to Sebastian, he got a run and they should never had been where they were. It's really disappointing for the team. It's cost them a lot of points. The priority is to beat the other teams and today we handed 43 points on a plate to McLaren. The team really deserved to win this race. We need to sit down, go through it and come back stronger at the next event."

Horner had said that while he had no issues with his drivers taking each other on, the onus was for them to do so sensibly and not to do anything which put either of them at risk. "What we always ask is that the drivers give each other room," he said. "Today neither yielded, and the result was the team losing a lot of points, Mark losing a lots of points and Sebastian losing a lot of points … the net result is everybody loses."

Referring to the nip-and-tuck battle between the McLarens of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button a few laps later, Horner said that "they raced each other and they gave each other space, and that's what we ask".

I think you should reconsider most of yours. Read below.

Alonso's stupidity made him lose just 1 point against Massa in Turkey where the Brazilian has reigned 3 times with 3 wins and 3 poles. Do you want to reconsider it? laugh.gif

yeah but he is not alone on the track, he is the experienced one passing a rookie that was just another mistake that in this case it won't cause him any damage but his mistake chain is getting longer and longer, that wasn't a safe pass he was jusy loosing it to be behind the rookie for so long, admit it, he ruined Petrov race yes he got a point but that's not the point we are talking about here. :P

****ing GO ON JENSON. That as they say is that, bitch!

Couldn't watch the race. Watch red button or highlights tonight.

Let me tell you that Button surprised me once again, he drove a very good race and had a wheel to wheel battle with Hamilton for the lead, he even managed to pass Hamilton but LH took the position right away, I thought they were going to end like Red Bull but both of them show they are good drivers and they respect the people on track, not like Alonso did with Petrov.

Well, well, well. A very exciting race that wasn't through bad weather. Who says F1 is boring? :P

Wow, where to start? I guess on lap 41. I think that was a case of half and half. Mark was pushing Vettel off line where it is dirty and almost onto the grass as you could see. Seb didn't like that, pushed back and they met in the middle. Racing incident, but the speculations and rumours of what happened on the Red Bull pit wall and how Red Bull manages it's drivers behind closed doors is very interesting. I think it's clear to tell Seb is Red Bull's prefered driver, but whether that had any influence over what happened here, it's hard to say.

If that incident costs them the championship (both), then serious questions will be asked about how they manage themselves.

Great duel by the McLarens, great driving by both. I was personally ruiting for JB after Vettel went out, and it's clear to tell Hamilton was suprised by that. More speculation about what happened there, Hamilton told to look after the car, JB told something different? Very interesting.

Facinating race on all accounts, that could become a classic and I guess the shot of the Red Bull's hitting each other will become a famous image in the history of this sport, not least at the start of this new decade.

I expect and want Hamilton to win this race but he and me are concerned about Vettel in the first corner because he is too aggressive at the start.

:lol:

Yup! Seb's fault imho. And as JHS says above, it seems very likely to me that JB wasn't pacing himself as much as LH was until the duel between them. That's why Lewis wasn't so happy, though he'd have done the same I'm sure. Overall a great race: we saw the difference in class between the McLaren and Red Bull drivers, Lewis beat Jenson nicely and McLaren took the fight to the Red Bulls on merit.

laugh.gif

Yup! Seb's fault imho. And as JHS says above, it seems very likely to me that JB wasn't pacing himself as much as LH was until the duel between them. That's why Lewis wasn't so happy, though he'd have done the same I'm sure. Overall a great race: we saw the difference in class between the McLaren and Red Bull drivers, Lewis beat Jenson nicely and McLaren took the fight to the Red Bulls on merit.

Thank God it was Hamilton and not Alonso who won that way, there's no need to talk about luck now. sleep.gif

Crash Video in ths link

Vettel was already in front of Webber at the moment of the crash, Vettet had the inside line so there was no way Webber was going to make that turn ahead of Vettel and in order to keep Hamilton behind he would need to first turn to the right to avoid loosing momemtum in that turn, Webber was just not letting Vettel to get away with it, the only reason why Vettel turned sharply was because of the contact between the Webber left front and Vettel right rear tire, I know some of you will disagree even when Webber was driving in the dirty side but that's ok that is what makes this insteresting.

Thank God it was Hamilton and not Alonso who won that way, there's no need to talk about luck now. sleep.gif

No but if you want we can talk about mistakes :whistling:

No but if you want we can talk about mistakes whistling.gif

Of course I want to talk about mistakes. I want to talk about how the F10 was just behind the Red Bull in qualifying at the start of the season in Bahrain and today it's in a pack with Mercedes and Renault. rolleyes.gif

I´m with urco this time. Vettel is an idiot for 2 reasons: 1st. for the race incident, 2nd for the gestures he made after he jump off the car.

Crash Video in ths link

Vettel was already in front of Webber at the moment of the crash, Vettet had the inside line so there was no way Webber was going to make that turn ahead of Vettel and in order to keep Hamilton behind he would need to first turn to the right to avoid loosing momemtum in that turn, Webber was just not letting Vettel to get away with it, the only reason why Vettel turned sharply was because of the contact between the Webber left front and Vettel right rear tire, I know some of you will disagree even when Webber was driving in the dirty side but that's ok that is what makes this insteresting.

And this is where he has done stupid mistake.

Of course we disagree as it is 100% vettel fault ^_^

Of course I want to talk about mistakes. I want to talk about how the F10 was just behind the Red Bull in qualifying at the start of the season in Bahrain and today it's in a pack with Mercedes and Renault. rolleyes.gif

This is something i want to know too.

I´m with urco this time. Vettel is an idiot for 2 reasons: 1st. for the race incident, 2nd for the gestures he made after he jump off the car.

Glad we agree on somthing ;) ;)

O yes, i forgot all about that gesture that vettel made after he jumped out.