Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Hamilton's Bling

Hey hey hey, nothing wrong with Flavor Flav, he was the man, public enemy rock. You don't see Flavor Flav wearing race overalls in a film clip.

Bl**dy hell, this forum has become a fashion blog...! ohmy.png

Frankly, Hamilton (or for that matter any other driver) could wear a dog turd round his neck for all I care!

I'm only interested in the racing....

Agreed! If Max Chilton turns up at the next race with a basket of fruit on his head then I might wonder what he's hoping to achieve but at the same time, who cares, we should be thankful whenever a driver shows that they're a human being.

As for this darned necklace, Lewis was celebrating and letting his hair down (or rather fluffed up), so if he wants to wear his favourite jewellery then let him without presuming it must be cos he wants the world to see he's rich. Were Schumi & Rubens attention-seeking when they wore red wigs after Japan 2000? Not IMO.

The whole team wore red wigs, doesn't matter it all good, IMO he is a show of but he is a good driver.

Cool bro.

If anything Lewis shows off his darned dogs far more often than anything else. On the weekend he uploaded a vid to facebook of his dog lying on its back snoring, so he put a pillow over the dog.

It was mildly amusing although i'm surprised that in this day & age there weren't people commenting screaming animal cruelty etc

Pabloh - that's right, I don't care about the hype over drivers and who likes who because at the end of the day it's my decision based in what I see and how it comes accross. If certain drivers arnt like the pictures show, if it was me, I'd be doing what I can to "clear" my name and proove people wrong.

Yes, that is what I am saying and that's fair enough.

However, there is no 'aren't like the pictures show', because everybody sees things differently, so there is not one predominant opinion for the person to change. Also, there is no point, because people will see and believe what they want based on the their own pre-conceived subjective opinions. For example, what could Lewis do that would change your opinion now?

Be alot more respectful to those around him. I know Jem keeps saying lewis writes his own column but we don't see that over here. So he had to be more respectful for when the majority see him. I must admit he is getting better, most likely because he is slowly maturing but he still does the odd brain fart and makes you go wtf. Honestly he is quick as on the circuit but some of the things he sayes makes his mentality look like the stage I went through at 17. Is he that far behind in terms of what is moraly acceptable in today's society?

@jem - this is just a classic sign of society today.

For example if you were a boss and I turned up for an interview, clean cut, nice suit etc. etc. and lewis turned up with big sunnies, big chain around his neck and his hairstyle the way it is. Who would you pick? Bare in mind lewis is wearing a suit aswell. Most would go the clean cut,nice suit look yeah? Well how come when it's someone or something they like, the standard sinks lower? Classic society, do as your told and accept your decision. See what iam saying? IMO why is it acceptable to dress that way if your a formula one driver which I hold as a prestigious honor? It's not but hey, that's my opinion and doesn't mean iam right.

For example if you were a boss and I turned up for an interview, clean cut, nice suit etc. etc. and lewis turned up with big sunnies, big chain around his neck and his hairstyle the way it is. Who would you pick? Bare in mind lewis is wearing a suit aswell. Most would go the clean cut,nice suit look yeah? Well how come when it's someone or something they like, the standard sinks lower? Classic society, do as your told and accept your decision. See what iam saying? IMO why is it acceptable to dress that way if your a formula one driver which I hold as a prestigious honor? It's not but hey, that's my opinion and doesn't mean iam right.

I think it would depend what kind of job you're interviewing for, but then I think if Lewis went to an interview he wouldn't wear a big necklace; it's the first time I've seen it and he was celebrating with his team, ie party-time and not business time. When in work-mode he still wears ear-studs but I dont think anyone has a problem with that; he's expressing himself and that's a good thing.

Even as an f1 driver I think it's fine for them, when not working, to wear whatever they like as long as it's not offensive (eg a nazi uniform like prince harry did once, or something with a political message on it perhaps) but I just can't see bling & tattoos being offensive or disrespectful; and I don't see it as lowering standards, but then I guess it's a matter of opinion; Lewis's bosses obviously don't mind, if we go back to the original article with Lauda.

I think it'd be a shame if the drivers felt they couldn't express themselves in that way.

Be alot more respectful to those around him. I know Jem keeps saying lewis writes his own column but we don't see that over here. So he had to be more respectful for when the majority see him. I must admit he is getting better, most likely because he is slowly maturing but he still does the odd brain fart and makes you go wtf. Honestly he is quick as on the circuit but some of the things he sayes makes his mentality look like the stage I went through at 17. Is he that far behind in terms of what is moraly acceptable in today's society?

Hang on there, since when is being not as mentally developed as others become morally unacceptable in today's society? I thought today's society was supposed to be more tolerant and more learned with regards to such issues?

I remember one of Rick Gervais' stand up routines where he says it annoys him that everyone talks about how supposedly stupid David Beckham is, yet nobody questions how well Stephen Hawking plays football. Crude, but you get the point. Just because somebody has a talent for sport, doesn't automatically make them socially and mentally adept in the spotlight, quite often, the opposite is true.

So your saying you can say what you like around people,behave how you like with no reguard of how other people may perceive you or disrespect others and should be allowed to do that. Weather his remarks about his skin was a joke, it was wrong, the way he carries on especially 2009 when things dont go his way, his mental strength crumbles when Nicole has walks away. He is a child, mentally a child and that's the point iam trying to make, I thought seb was the worst but lewis takes the cake now. He doesn't even need to say anything, just the way he carries himself makes me think he is a total douche like the world owes him a favour because he is the first black man to make it to formula one. That's just how I see him. If you want me to accept your opinions, you have to do the same with mine.

@jem - yeah I know lauda doesn't mind he evens sayes lewis is "different", bet it wouldn't be so cozy if he wasn't doing so well. Can read these guys like a book. It's like a child wanting to be your friend because you stuck up for them,soon as you don't, he doesn't want to know ya.

So your saying you can say what you like around people,behave how you like with no reguard of how other people may perceive you or disrespect others and should be allowed to do that. Weather his remarks about his skin was a joke, it was wrong, the way he carries on especially 2009 when things dont go his way, his mental strength crumbles when Nicole has walks away. He is a child, mentally a child and that's the point iam trying to make, I thought seb was the worst but lewis takes the cake now. He doesn't even need to say anything, just the way he carries himself makes me think he is a total douche like the world owes him a favour because he is the first black man to make it to formula one. That's just how I see him. If you want me to accept your opinions, you have to do the same with mine.

@jem - yeah I know lauda doesn't mind he evens sayes lewis is "different", bet it wouldn't be so cozy if he wasn't doing so well. Can read these guys like a book. It's like a child wanting to be your friend because you stuck up for them,soon as you don't, he doesn't want to know ya.

Was this in response to my post or Jem's?

Both of you, but it doesn't matter, it's just difference in opinion, there is plenty other stuff I agree with both of you on so this is nothing.

Both of you, but it doesn't matter, it's just difference in opinion, there is plenty other stuff I agree with both of you on so this is nothing.

Well, I am not sure how you got any of that from what I said, I don't think I have actually stated what I deem to be acceptable or unacceptable, as such.

What I said was I don't think it's right to insinuate that society deems people who are not as mentally proficient as others to be morally unacceptable. If it is your opinion, that is fine, it's your opinion, but I think it is wrong to suggest that society as a whole thinks it is morally unacceptable too.

It's irrelevant anyway IMO as Lewis isn't mentally challenged he just likes to dress a certain way. Webric appears to deem it disrespectful, and I for one can't understand why hence this disagreement.

I think the constant references to "cos he's black" and Nicole are irrelevant too. 2011, when he had his personal issues, was 3 years ago now. And that stupid joke was maybe even older, I can't remember. I find it hard to agree with the opinion that he carries himself like a douche when for the last couple of months at least he's been a man full of confidence, calm, and mental strength. Prior to that he did appear down when he had a bad race but I guess that's a different topic.

This stemmed from the necklace and constantly taking his top off, which we've since established he doesn't actually do

Jem you seem to forget how he was acting when nico was doing better. It's all doom and gloom if he isn't winning, he wins a couple races all of sudden it's all good.

Well, I am not sure how you got any of that from what I said, I don't think I have actually stated what I deem to be acceptable or unacceptable, as such.

What I said was I don't think it's right to insinuate that society deems people who are not as mentally proficient as others to be morally unacceptable. If it is your opinion, that is fine, it's your opinion, but I think it is wrong to suggest that society as a whole thinks it is morally unacceptable too.

Your looking at this at the entirly wrong angle, I never said you personally pabloh I meant society as a whole, surely if you have children you will discipline them to act respecflu around others. He does what he wants and tries to "trend set" the sport. That's all my issue is I think it has got blown out of proportion.

Jem you seem to forget how he was acting when nico was doing better. It's all doom and gloom if he isn't winning, he wins a couple races all of sudden it's all good.

Undoubtedly Lewis is a rollercoaster and that's cos he's an emotional guy and he's said publically that will never change; but that's a different conversation I think.

Your looking at this at the entirly wrong angle, I never said you personally pabloh I meant society as a whole, surely if you have children you will discipline them to act respecflu around others. He does what he wants and tries to "trend set" the sport. That's all my issue is I think it has got blown out of proportion.

I think that's a bit harsh though as the only evidence I can see for this is that he wanted to design his own Merc caps.

Of course all drivers should be respectful, what I don't get is how Lewis is being disrespectful, but I don't think we're going to agree at all on this one!!

It's doesnt matter Jem, because at the end of the day,there is quite a few I dislike for various reasons, but it doesn't make me take away there talent as a driver. Where all going to have drivers we don't like and it's your own reasons so that's fine. I dislike lewis,kimi,seb and Adrian Sutil, but not for one second do I take away what they have achieved. Afterall they are the best in the world that's why their there. But doesn't mean I have to like them but its also unfair to tie there outside life with there driving. It's hard to explain how I feel towards lewis without coming accross as a tool, so ill just say I dislike him.

That's the trouble with these bloody 3-week gaps we end up talking about trivial stuff, we need racing!

I want to see if Lewis can make it 5 wins in a row. Brainteaser who else has ever managed that, except Seb last year?

Scumi, he won 12 of the first 13 races in 2004, holds the all time record I Beleive. Ascari also had 9 in a row like Vettel and Jenson won the first 6 out of seven in 2009. That enough for ya? Lol.

Alright then, who did schumacher have to pass to win the 95 European gp?

Jean Alesi!

Mansell also won 5 in a row I think.

Can you name either of the Pacific team's drivers when they entered F1 in 1994?

Gachot and belmondo.

What team went bust after the Australian gp in 1997 and who drove for them?

Gachot and belmondo.

What team went bust after the Australian gp in 1997 and who drove for them?

I dont doubt your integrity and so I know you wouldnt google answers, ergo your knowledge borders on freak-level!

Hmm I only started watching f1 in '98, let me see...it's gona have to be a guess....Forti?

Edit: just googled it and I was very wrong.

The 1999 European GP was memorable. One of the many leader-retirements was Ralf Schumacher, but what caused his retirement?