Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

What's Your Dream Team?

He also pushed Hamilton all the way for the GP2 title. I don't think his F1 stint was really representative, given he was team-mate to He Who Must Have Everything

Yeah that's right just wrong timing I think.

It was handed to him we all know that and deep down you do to. Lol

Alonso/Button, 2016 McHonda, TP Ross Brawn.

It wasn't handed to him WebRic. The other drivers fell over themselves, but Kimi consistently put in the performances to clinch it.

2008, now that's a different story.

I disagree it was mclarens to loose and they did so with poor management and not having the balls to make a decision and put it all behind one driver, both can't win the title so at one point one has to be favoured than the other in order to win.

Oh absolutely, had McLaren put all their efforts behind Alonso I think he would have won it. But they didn't. They backed both drivers by backing neither of them. Kimi still had to win races, score the points, rack up the podiums. He wasn't gifted anything. One teams mis-managment doesn't mean the driver and team who has their sh*t together has in any way stolen or been gifted something. F1 gifts no one. It's a cold cruel sport when you look at it from the perspectives of all the good drivers who have lost their seats and so on. And from the angles of what should or could have been. What happens is it. There is no re-wind or mulligans in this sport.

McLaren may have goofed, but that's not Ferrari or Kimi's fault. They just put their heads down and came out winners at the final race. That's epic in my book. NEVER GIVE UP!

No your right, kimi happened to be there to pick it up but he didn't put in a solid championship campaign, is the point I am trying to get across but like you said, someone had to be there to take it and it was kimi. Lol the only thing I didn't like was when he was on the podium in Brazil kimi was like "meh, what's the big deal"

His second half and end of the season was massive. He was behind by quite a few points, but kept racking up the performances, points, wins and podiums. Isn't that not solid?

His second half and end of the season was massive. He was behind by quite a few points, but kept racking up the performances, points, wins and podiums. Isn't that not solid?

Yeah, but Massa was there with him and I don't rate Massa that high, just my opinion, that's all but in saying that Massa isn't really the same driver now since his accident is he?

No he's not. But really he's only ever had one great year and that was 2008. I'm not a Massa fan nor a Hamilton fan, but I wanted Massa to win it that year. Kimi did his best to help him win it too which was nice of him and repayment for Massa helping him in Brazil 2007.

Massa really should have done better last year. He's won races, Bottas has not. So he should have drawn on his experience I think. He's a good squad driver using the soccer analogy, but he's not a Messi or a Ronaldo.

Kimi should have never left mclaren when you look back in hindsight, those were his best years IMO.

Kimi should have never left mclaren when you look back in hindsight, those were his best years IMO.

Hakkinen said at the time he should have stayed. But he would have had to deal with that new brat they signed.

He might be a brat but every driver sayes he is the best out there.

Kimi isn't outwardly fazed by anything so I can't imagine he would've been ruffled by Hamilton. I mean, Kimi dealt with JPM just fine didn't he, and JPM was arguably a much bigger douche to have as a team-mate.

2007 - in Kimi's favour he did win more races than either McLaren driver.

Also in 2008 Ferrari were backing both drivers until the final 3 or 4 races too, so Kimi took points away from Massa as well, like the French GP that year, and other races, look the past is the past, and it's happened now, but the quality of racing then was better, as we're the cars. So how did formula one get it so wrong?

At the French GP Massa was gifted points, he was 2nd to Kimi until Kimi's exhaust broke & he let Massa through. Massa was also gifted a chunk of points at the Belgian GP following a ludicrous penalty for Hamilton who was supreme that day. In those days Lewis made more mistakes but the right guy won in my books 100%

Kimi isn't outwardly fazed by anything so I can't imagine he would've been ruffled by Hamilton. I mean, Kimi dealt with JPM just fine didn't he, and JPM was arguably a much bigger douche to have as a team-mate.

2007 - in Kimi's favour he did win more races than either McLaren driver.

Yeah not personality wise, but Hamilton was Rons boy and favoured as such and we all know how that affected Alfonsie

but the quality of racing then was better, as we're the cars. So how did formula one get it so wrong?

The million dollar Q