Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Driver's Salaries

Yeah what just so they can advertise and people are none the wiser there a spammer. Got to get up early in the morning to pull that on me sunshine, lol, how you going anyway mate? Just over a week to go and it's all on again, gone bloody quick hasn't it? I mean from watching the last race to just about to start a new one. Gets faster and faster the older you get lol.

Some drivers are worth more in terms of the feedback they can give than engineers as well as their speed on track. If you can help set the car up that has to have a value.

I'm no Alonso hater, I don't like the guy, but I do believe he is a good driver, in the right car he could be worth that amount. He and Ferrari didn't work out, I just don't think he's a team player, it all has to be done his way I believe or else he seems to sulk. That's how he comes across to me anyway.

Yeah what just so they can advertise and people are none the wiser there a spammer. Got to get up early in the morning to pull that on me sunshine, lol, how you going anyway mate? Just over a week to go and it's all on again, gone bloody quick hasn't it? I mean from watching the last race to just about to start a new one. Gets faster and faster the older you get lol.

Eish my friend...CAN'T WAIT. This is always the worst time of the year for me

Some drivers are worth more in terms of the feedback they can give than engineers as well as their speed on track. If you can help set the car up that has to have a value.

I'm no Alonso hater, I don't like the guy, but I do believe he is a good driver, in the right car he could be worth that amount. He and Ferrari didn't work out, I just don't think he's a team player, it all has to be done his way I believe or else he seems to sulk. That's how he comes across to me anyway.

Glad you back Angellica...long time hey

Vettels more a team player hey?

Eish my friend...CAN'T WAIT. This is always the worst time of the year for me

Same here mate, such a shame they got rid of the extra practice and Sunday warmup, used to love to see the new cars as much as possible.

Glad you back Angellica...long time hey

Thanks Brad, good to see you too :)

Well he's pulled the Ferrari team around him and they're doing better than they ever did with Alonso I reckon. All drivers are selfish and out for themselves to a degree, they all want to win and you don't do that by helping your team mate do you?

Depends. If you have on your mind Webber-Vettel relationship, then I would say there was more than meets the eye, and tit for tat was going on for long time.

Yeah your both right and if you look back through history, the most successful drivers were the most selfish and greedy.

MacLaren :

40 - Alonso

13 - Button

53 total - DOWN THE DRAIN !

Wtf?

Well, 1. I don't think Nando is $27m better value than Button and 2. I personally think he will walk.

Well, 1. I don't think Nando is $27m better value than Button and 2. I personally think he will walk.

Exactly. Button is vastly underrated....

Glad to see you, don't be a stranger

I've always said button was very underrated, if alonso leaves mclaren, will he try squeeze back in at Renault or go join WEC?

Exactly. Button is vastly underrated....

Glad to see you, don't be a stranger

Hey man, back at you.

I've always said Button was very underrated, if alonso leaves mclaren, will he try squeeze back in at Renault or go join WEC?

I am afraid we are at a point where FA has made himself unaffordable in F1. There are a lot of good young dogs out there but JB seems to be timeless and seems unscarred by the woes of last year. Many feel his decision not to quit prompted the split with Jessica who wanted to make time for a family. Jens has always said he will not have kids while racing is the priority and it clearly is. He can beat Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton et al in any car on any day and at $13m he's a snip. Nando is a financial liability for any team however good his rep is.

I thought so haha.

Any car any day is a bit exaggerated hehehe, Button was out performed by Lewis in 2012, 2010 ?

His salary being much cheaper than Alonso and most of his past team mates meant that they beat Button on salary negotiations. Perhaps Jenson's negotiating ability is below par.

Sorry guys,

Yeah I still don't understand how button was outperformed by Lewis when he outscored Hamilton as teammates.

That's correct but in 2011 when button finished second in the championship he had 270 points to Lewis's 227

Over there three seasons together there points totals are:

Lewis -657 points

Jenson-672 points

Plus button also finished higher in the championship than Hamilton ever did when they were teammates.

That's correct but in 2011 when button finished second in the championship he had 270 points to Lewis's 227

Over there three seasons together there points totals are:

Lewis -657 points

Jenson-672 points

Plus button also finished higher in the championship than Hamilton ever did when they were teammates.

yep but you know, competition is based on season results. it's 2-1 in Lewis favor.