Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Think Ill Start Watching Nascar

I said this before, if bianchi didn't have that terrible accident I firmly believe Kimi wouldn't have gotten his second stint with Ferrari but that my opinion.

it's interesting to notice how different people can see the same situations in a different light. The way I see Kimi at Ferrari is that he's there because he doesn't create many problems, he cannot challenge Vettel (so there is a #1 and a #2 even without having to impose orders) yet he often brings some points home (albeit not as many as Arrivabene would like him to), he's on very good terms with Vettel and above all Ferrari is still looking for the driver that they belive will lead the team in a few years a time in the post-Vettel era and Kimi is a decent stop gap.

You guys claim that everyone loves him at Ferrari and that they have huge respect for him: maybe you and I have talked to different people at Ferrari and I gather that the international press has completely different stories from the Italian press because one of the few things that can be considered certain these days is that after any race there will be an interview on Autosprint where Arrrivabene says that Kimi could and should have done more or an article on a national newspaper where they compare Kimi to a "boiled fish" (that is a rather harsh view that I don't personally share)

Your claims are very interesting, it means that an insider like James Allen must not know what he is actually talking about and he's making things up observing the team.

Newspaper article would suggest someone at the newspaper think that, not actually the public and team

it's interesting to notice how different people can see the same situations in a different light. The way I see Kimi at Ferrari is that he's there because he doesn't create many problems, he cannot challenge Vettel (so there is a #1 and a #2 even without having to impose orders) yet he often brings some points home (albeit not as many as Arrivabene would like him to), he's on very good terms with Vettel and above all Ferrari is still looking for the driver that they belive will lead the team in a few years a time in the post-Vettel era and Kimi is a decent stop gap.

You guys claim that everyone loves him at Ferrari and that they have huge respect for him: maybe you and I have talked to different people at Ferrari and I gather that the international press has completely different stories from the Italian press because one of the few things that can be considered certain these days is that after any race there will be an interview on Autosprint where Arrrivabene says that Kimi could and should have done more or an article on a national newspaper where they compare Kimi to a "boiled fish" (that is a rather harsh view that I don't personally share)

Hey Publius this is first time I am noticing some important admissions. What else you know? heyjoe67_ferrari.gifbigwink.gif

Your claims are very interesting, it means that an insider like James Allen must not know what he is actually talking about and he's making things up observing the team.

how many times did you see a team insider claim publicly, after the first race of the season, that one of their drivers is rubbish?

Having said that I don't think that they believe that Kimi is rubbish, I just say that of the many people working for Ferrari that I chatted with about this topic ALL of them have clearly said that Vettel is the leader and that it is not down to team orders, he's just better than Kimi.

Also I'd like to point out that it was widely kwown that during Kimi's first stint at Ferrari he had a very difficult relationship with his engineers and his mechanics, who, in tjheir own admission, were used to work with Schumacher and that they all worshipped Schumacher (talk to any one of them and they will all tell you that he was the best driver, the best team leader, the best at developing the car, the friendliest and most down to earth, etc, it gets a bit too much for someone who wasn't a dye hard Schumacher fan like myself) and that Kimi has never lived up to their expectations (ie a true replacement for the "perfect" driver who was Schumacher), whereas they all openly say that Vettel is "the new Schumacher" (that according to their view means that they rate Vettel very high)

please Sakae could you edit your message and use my new nickname dam.gif

Done and sorry for that.

how many times did you see a team insider claim publicly, after the first race of the season, that one of their drivers is rubbish?

Having said that I don't think that they believe that Kimi is rubbish, I just say that of the many people working for Ferrari that I chatted with about this topic ALL of them have clearly said that Vettel is the leader and that it is not down to team orders, he's just better than Kimi.

Also I'd like to point out that it was widely kwown that during Kimi's first stint at Ferrari he had a very difficult relationship with his engineers and his mechanics, who, in tjheir own admission, were used to work with Schumacher and that they all worshipped Schumacher (talk to any one of them and they will all tell you that he was the best driver, the best team leader, the best at developing the car, the friendliest and most down to earth, etc, it gets a bit too much for someone who wasn't a dye hard Schumacher fan like myself) and that Kimi has never lived up to their expectations (ie a true replacement for the "perfect" driver who was Schumacher), whereas they all openly say that Vettel is "the new Schumacher" (that according to their view means that they rate Vettel very high)

As a fan of MS from begging to the end, I find this comment of immense satisfaction, having taken into consideration how much abuse I used to take on English forums for defending him. When he spoke German about various issues, I think I've understood grey areas which he was unable to satisfactorilly express in English to English speaking (and not very friendly) media. Good to hear that today.

I don't think Schumacher ever over stepped the mark more so than any other great driver before him. The hill and Villeneuve incidents, what was he supposed to do? Just move aside and let them by? Adelaide, hill was just stupid to think Schumacher wouldn't close the door an same with Villeneuve.

Some interesting information where. When you say it was widely known during Kimi's first stint, where is that info coming from?

Because there is publicly available quotes from team members, engineers and crew that they loved Kimi and especially in the second half of 2009 when they were amazed at the performances he was getting out of their car they had stopped all development on months earlier. The basically put it that he should not have been going as fast as he was.

I don't doubt he was probably a slight disappointment in the sense he was not Schumie, but there is only one Schumie and Vettel really is his heir apparent in his work ethic, technical input and so on.

Kimi not being Schumie really cannot be considered a disapointment. Kimi's been a silent but deadly type of racer and his technical feedback and input knowledge is alot higher than most give him credit for. Even Arrivabene said this himself. Kimi is Kimi at the end of the day, not anyone else.

Yeah well Im Arrivabene's best friend and he told me that Vettel is only there cause he does what hes told.

Or maybe you're Sams Michael's cousins friend as well.

Hey jealousy is a curse, not my fault you don't have any friends. And besides, these people need friends to, is it hard to believe that people on here might actually know someone of this calibre? Just because you don't doesn't mean they don't.

Who at Ferrari said Kimi is rubbish? There were mutterings from Maurizio Arrivabene that Kimi was at fault for an incident or two?

and the point was never about who's nr1 at Ferrari? why bring Vettel into the equation? Obviously if Kimi was'nt liked they would'nt have brought him back in the first place. and if Ferrari like both their drivers then honkie dorie. and of course Vettel is reaching his peak and Kimi seems past his best n performance. The cold hard fact is that Kimi has an equal chance to race for the title at Ferrari, anything else is speculation

I don't think Kimi will win a race never mind a title again but the fact is Ferrari has harmony in the team. Both drivers get along, there's no fighting over who gets what and that allows them to focus for results. Vettel is obviously number one and Kimi knows his place but he doesn't go about making life harder for Seb or the team. He tries his best and if that means a win, well great but IMO there is no point in changing this lineup that obviously works a treat, I don't think it will change unless Kimi retires tbh. Kimi seems content with what he has achieved already and is there purely just to race and whatever happens happens.

Yeah well Im Arrivabene's best friend and he told me that Vettel is only there cause he does what hes told.

Wut?

My best friend at Ferrari said you should'nt doubt anything spiral says. The words he speaketh are truth

Let me see if I am getting this right:

1. We have now on this forum three people who have admitted to have access to Maranello insiders.

2. Vettel is driving for Ferrari only because he obeys his boss.

That's it?

Ian best mates with Sam Michael's brother but because people here are jealous, they don't believe info Ian told, let alone having signed Williams official team shirts. If it doesn't happen to them they don't believe it so get used to it.

Let me see if I am getting this right:

1. We have now on this forum three people who have admitted to have access to Maranello insiders.

2. Vettel is driving for Ferrari only because he obeys his boss.

That's it?

You could be the 4th one. Admit it, you also have a insider friend at ferrari

Admit admit!

You could be the 4th one. Admit it, you also have a insider friend at ferrari

Admit admit!

I wish, however I do read a lot, regularly, and in more than just one language, thus I am up tp date (most of time) on most of the F1 rumors. Unfortunately I do not speak Italian.

I wish, however I do read a lot, regularly, and in more than just one language, thus I am up tp date (most of time) on most of the F1 rumors. Unfortunately I do not speak Italian.

I thought u used to our wicked sense of humour by now ;-p

Ian best mates with Sam Michael's brother but because people here are jealous, they don't believe info Ian told, let alone having signed Williams official team shirts. If it doesn't happen to them they don't believe it so get used to it.

We do believe u Webric, spiral's just pulling yer leg