Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

So dive bombing is now a legit move!?

all I know is you would still blame verstappen if the positions were reversed. You would say it was a brilliant overtaking attempt and blah blah blah and blame verstappen for turning in and squeezing both Ferrari's, can see it now. That's why Vettel fans blamed kvyat as well, if they won't accept one mistake and make excuses and blame some one else, then they certainly won't accept two he's made. Bloody joke this is. This is what's wrong with f1 today, fans are to soft and are so biased it's ridiculous. What ever happened to saying "well done" reguardless if you like the person or not, your saying it because inside you know it's the truth and not follow the herd. What I meant to say is Vettel fans are so in denial and so biased that they can't accept any mistakes because the result are hard to accept as it is. He is constantly whinging about blue flags when there not even as bad as some lapped moves he did while leading in the Redbull and said nothing and got on with it, he is a frustrated little man ATM and Vettel fans agree with every word. God I would hate to hear the verbal murder alonso or Hamilton would get for acting the way he has and saying the same things. Give me a break.

Ahh someone who can see it how it was hey? I've been murdered around here of late for saying the same thing.

Well, I would have come to your defense....but you seemed to be doing a good job of holding your own.

In the end, it looked like one of Vettel's chops where he feels he owns the line and the rest of the world should move out his way. The problem is that the laws of physics don't always agree with him.

100% agree the point I was trying to get across was that Vettel has plenty of experience to know people will be on the inside of that corner at the start of the race. It blows my mind how people agree with him when he says he wasn't in the wrong and didn't know Max was there, what total bs, he stuffed up and can't and won't accept the blame and neither will his supporters. You can't be on the outside of that turn at the start of the race and demand space, you have to create it yourself because you control how much space the two other cars on the inside will get.

Well, it is the nature of human beings to see things differently. How many religions are there in the world?

Following are copies of (lengthy) responses of a racer-poster to one of almost fanatical defender of MV (and Vettel-blamer) on one of the forums. I find his reasoning interesting; maybe more so, because it is the same or very similar Publius (and little bit did I too) suggested,

Mr. stvsxm: 2 separate responses (self explanatory)

none of this happens in freeze frame and if you had ever been in a race car you would know this. that picture certainly shows max along side. what it doesn't show is the uncontrolled trajectory of his car and the controlled trajectory of the Ferraris. kimi was committed at speed to the line he was taking and could not simply vanish off the face of the earth because max decided to drive into that space at a speed that would have precluded him from making the corner. the rules are crystal clear both written and informal. it is the overtaking cars responsibility to make the pass in a safe manner. and aiming for a gap at a 100 mph that is a 30 mph corner and using the leading car as a guardrail to keep you from going straight off the road meets neither the letter nor the spirit of the rule.. that's why he had 4 wheels in the grass because there was no gap when he got to the corner. I have been in both positions a hundred times and have been right and wrong in both situations. that's what happens in the heat of the moment . you go for the gap instinctively and sometimes you are right and sometimes you aren't... or sometimes you turn in doing everything right and some a-hole (like max in this case ) comes barreling down the inside without a prayer of making the corner and crashes you. I raced just like max does at the beginning of my career but ultimately learned how to do it properly after having all the same incidents he is having. I was wrong when I did it. he is wrong now. aggression is rewarded in this sport but recklessness is not and in every race he has been in so far in the RB he has been reckless and gotten away with it for reasons unclear. he is a star. there is no question about it. he gets more out of the car then there is to get and is quite spectacular doing it. but having said that, he better get his head screwed on straight pretty soon if all that talent is going to get him anywhere.

as usual, you simply don't know what you are talking about. the difference here is that I have been in the cars... 900 hp gtp cars at the same time that the jaguars and the nissans were running and I can speak from experience what is likely happening. overtaking is a math and physics problem that you have to solve in an instant in real time at speed. "where we he be when I get there? " what will my compromised line be and what speed will it require ? " .. " what is my angle of attack so I don't just spear him in the door " ? its all time and distance and vehicle dynamics all at 150 or 200 FEET PER SECOND. you make it sound like it all happens in slow motion in your Daihatsu in the supermarket parking lot. and , as usual you are wrong. and so was max. on that line at that speed he had no chance to make the corner and would have been lucky not to have gone straight off the other side. the only reason he got turned at all was because he had another car to bounce off of. and it is not coincidence that all the commentators who have been in the cars see it the same way. but you are entitled to your usual uninformed opinion based simply on your years and years of watching television... good for you. you win.

Gee whizz refuse to learn don't you? Assumption is a wonderful thing. Obviously Ferrari fans lol, don't care what you post sakae as far as Iam concerned it was vettels fault and he turned in, nuff said IMO. Just remember to post fairly and un biased as I'll use this as evidence later if the shoe fits. What I find funny is how you can back such a bs and in detail claim when anyone with common sense knows that the outside car is in control of the space the inside cars have, how can you not see that or acknowledge that fact? Blows my mind, this was me when I read most of these rediculous posts.

qd1m5.gif

A stvsxm has submitted his opinion as an active racer (and no fan of Vettel) why Verstappen's move was destined to failure based on velocity and trajectories taken. His rationale goes beyond "it's all Vettel's fault". Without equivocation, I have no interest whatsoever diminish, or ignore Emmcee's experience, however when evaluating his charges against Vettel, his explanation, as I am reading it, has neither addressed, or refuted opinions Publius and stvsxm kindly provided.

That's incorrect sakae, I simply don't agree and neither do the stewards otherwise if he did something so wrong he would've been penalised. I think you have to question the experience of legendary racer Danny Sullivan if you question anything because he also said verstappen did nothing wrong and he was the steward at the time. Outside car controls the space, it's as simple as that. So why do people blame Schumacher in Adelaide 94? Almost the exact same thing.