Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Best looking 2017 car, your pick ?

I can't decide out of the toro Rosso or the Renault. The toro Rosso looks like a Prost, the more I look at the Mclaren the more I like it to.

YEs. Renault is nice as well. Not that the others aren't it(s just that they are more similar to their 2016 predecessors. 

From aesthetic point of view none of the cars seen today make my jaw drop, however if I had to, Ferrari would be my choice. Orange makes me feel unwell, to put it mildly.

No surprise there lol, but I also like the Ferrari. Exocet for that white colour, get rid of it and return with the old school black. I like redbulls "minimal" approach as there car looks the most tidiest but I like the Renault and TR the best. But something about that Mclaren just keeps catching my eye, I think it's the fact that I can't actually believe that they have finally gone orange after years and years of saying they would. This fib has been going on since 2006, a lot of teams have gone quite unique in there approach to aero. Be interesting to see when the flag drops, just where everyone will be.

Mercedes and Toro Rosso are the only ones with a continuous nose, so they are the only ones I like.  I hate all the others.  The McLaren has some neat stuff going on, but that little square tip on the nose with the Honda logo kills me.  I hate the trend of very square noses with a little thing squirting out.  As I said in another thread, I hope people start copying Mercedes.

It has been said that once you start copying, you are not leading (or something to that effect). Function over esthetics. 

A lot of people are comparing the TR and Mercedes, going along the lines of calling the TR a "blue Mercedes" as the entire car looks identical.

I still am having a hard time with McLaren. Ladies bikini wise Orange looks always hot but F1 car, I may not get over this....   

Shouldn't be there penalties in place for lack of good taste, and making normal people sick by appearing ugly?

Least it's original and not dull and bland like most.

35 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Least it's original and not dull and bland like most.

The colour makes it dull and bland. We've sunk to a low level of aesthetic appearance that should not be on a F1 car. If the car would be radical in design it would be original

Why? Because you automatically associate pink with woman? Not sexist or gender biased are we? I applaude them for making a ballsy change and looking outside the box so to speak. I like it as it's something original, something we have far to less of in today's world, originality.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Shouldn't be there penalties in place for lack of good taste, and making normal people sick by appearing ugly?

Penalty - 10 Championship points :bangin:

2 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Why? Because you automatically associate pink with woman? Not sexist or gender biased are we? I applaude them for making a ballsy change and looking outside the box so to speak. I like it as it's something original, something we have far to less of in today's world, originality.

Why? All I said was I like Pink underwear and I did not mention any gender -  Don't over think , you are the one being sexist with your comment.

26 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Why? All I said was I like Pink underwear and I did not mention any gender -  Don't over think , you are the one being sexist with your comment.

Dude it wasn't implied at you if you just read the post properly. Explain how my comment was sexist? I was replying to "it's a pink f1 car my eyes can't stand it" typical society today, afraid or dislike anything different. Bet people loved the Jordan cars for there bold liveries, this is no different except we must dislike because it's pink, give me a break. If people didn't like it because it's pink that's fine I wouldn't have said jack but when it's followed by derogatory comments even if it's not the intention, it sticks out like dogs balls.

52 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Dude it wasn't implied at you if you just read the post properly. Explain how my comment was sexist? I was replying to "it's a pink f1 car my eyes can't stand it" typical society today, afraid or dislike anything different. Bet people loved the Jordan cars for there bold liveries, this is no different except we must dislike because it's pink, give me a break. If people didn't like it because it's pink that's fine I wouldn't have said jack but when it's followed by derogatory comments even if it's not the intention, it sticks out like dogs balls.

Ok no worries :thbup:

Can't wait to see people reactions of there race suits are the same colour.

4 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Who said anything about gender? Pink is perceived as soft and delicate, anything a F1 car is'nt. Concentrate on the intrinsics, when they do things like this they usually cover up some deficit and try to get attention elsewhere. Nevermind bold and out of the box thinking, it could just be avoided

Glen McGrath's pink cricket campaign day is a great initiative to create awareness of breast cancer. It has meaning because of the loss of his wife due to it, and the tie-in to cricket using the "pink" day totally make sense, because he was involved in the sport itself.

If you say they just wanted to be bold using pink, its totally the wrong way to go about it

I know about McGrath mate Iam an Aussie he was one of the best fast bowlers we ever had. I misunderstood your intention brad Iam just not used to you being serious and 100% behind a colour besides red lol.