Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buttonfan

One Tire Company Rule

What tire company would you prefer?  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. What tire company would you prefer?

    • Goodyear
      9
    • Michelin
      5
    • Bridgestone
      2
    • other (specify)
      2


Recommended Posts


If they would change the rule to one tire company, which one would you prefer to have and why?

It would be fairest to have Goodyear as then all of the teams would be starting with zero-experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It would be fairest to have Goodyear as then all of the teams would be starting with zero-experience.

agree B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If they would change the rule to one tire company, which one would you prefer to have and why?

I am pretty sure I suggested this rule on a topic two days ago but the others thought I was crazy. I think a one tyre company rule would but the best way to go about F1 now with Goodyear as the supplier. To what I know they haven't messed up in the passed or had a consistant lack of grip and durability so I would definately go for them and scrap the current ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't care less to be honest, I think that they're all pretty good, goodyear seems the most sensible.

JS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whats the point in asking for a company that left F1 because they could not afford it. it will have to be done by bidding orsomething, and BS and michelin will probably be the only contenders to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

goodyear, dunlop or pirelli.

I don't think it would be fair if we were to say all michelin, the bridgestone teams would be at a disadvantage with having less telemetry data than the michelin teams and vice versa for the bridgestone situation.

overall I'd say goodyear though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whats the point in asking for a company that left F1 because they could not afford it. it will have to be done by bidding orsomething, and BS and michelin will probably be the only contenders to begin with.

If there were only one tyre supplier, why would they have to make expensive tyres? I would suggest relatively low performance/high safety tyres. Not only would this be safer (lower cornering speeds, less off-line marbling, etc), it would be more interesting too with plenty of running at lower than optimal tyre temperatures as the tyres warm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If there were only one tyre supplier, why would they have to make expensive tyres?  I would suggest relatively low performance/high safety tyres.  Not only would this be safer (lower cornering speeds, less off-line marbling, etc), it would be more interesting too with plenty of running at lower than optimal tyre temperatures as the tyres warm.

Quite so there are numerous advantages to be gained through the use of a single tyre supplier relating to safety, racing spectacle, cost, and the possibility of greater equality of equipment etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Federal!!!!

Small Australian manufacturer that in tests have been the equal or better than the big name tyre companys and their top of the line tyre for my WRX is less than half the price of most of their competiters to.

I flog thee guts out of them and still get 40000Km out of them.

Would certainly get them some publicity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not for one-tyre rule ,I would prefer see the all three

Goodyear Michelin Bridgestone supplie teams tires

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Same reason as

I doesn't want to see 20 cars with the same chassis and engine

I agree that such a thing would not be in keeping with the spirit of Formula 1. However, I think the often wide disparities in the relative performance of the different tyres obscure the battles F1 fans are interested in: those between the different drivers and those between the chassis/engine packages the teams produce. I don't think many fans care about the tyre war itself, they really only care because the relative performance of the tyres has such a profound effect on the overall performance of the various packages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  I don't think many fans care about the tyre war itself, they really only care because the relative performance of the tyres has such a profound effect on the overall performance of the various packages.

Well I do own two Mercedes ,and both with Michelin tires :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tire technology in F1 has come a very very long way since Goodyear was last involved, and I would not trust them to have sufficient experience at this point to just jump back in. I think you'd have to give the nod to one of the two existing suppliers on safety grounds.

Going to a single supplier makes sense from both a safety and competitive perspective, because it will put more of the emphasis on driver ability, while preventing the teams from racing on tires that are so experimental that they prove insufficiently robust (ie. USGP).

I would give it to Michelin, simply because they are already set up to handle a greater number of teams, and employ a multi-faceted approach (ie. they are already building tires which strike a compromise between the competing interests of the teams they supply - whereas Bridgestone has been developing their tires to the exclusive specifications of Ferrari for some time now, which would invariably continue to favor the Maranello outfit if they began to supply the entire grid).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is insufficient justification. Indianapolis simply has to count against michelin in any such decision. BS is as capable as michelin of handling 10 teams. I'd say take out a tender or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...