Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Bar To Call Up Davidson?

Meh, Sato sucks, plain and simple. Davidson's failure in Malaysia was from a sensor in the engine, something he had no control over.

Indeed! Pathetic wasnt it, 3 laps in a new engine and boom in a race!! Well other than that Honda have had no other engine failures this year so they have actually been one of the absoluet best engines, shame BAR didnt make a good enough chassis!

davidson didnt exacly qualify very impressivly in malaysia anyway. The matters closed now of course, sato is in the car

rosberg isnt an unknown and a very good little driver!

U cud say the same about how jenson got into F1, he went straight into a williams!

yep it was a huge risk - luckily it paid off! he may have won gp2 but we dont know what he's like in f1. Don't forget sato was very impressive in F3, and won the f3 title

It was actually reported in the times, The most highly respected British Newspaper, which is also my personal fave as it inludes a law section on tuesdays which provides insightful reading!

Does law interest you Ben?

rosberg isnt an unknown and a very good little driver!

U cud say the same about how jenson got into F1, he went straight into a williams!

I don't know about that, If I were Rosberg, I don't think I'd necessarily appreciate that comparison............

<_<

And yes, law does interest me greatly, i am doing A level law, i want to do a law degree and i want a career in law (preferably not in this country though! LOL!)

I'd hate to live in any country other than UK - I don't have anything against foreigners but in UK people have manners - eg if you bump into someone on the street. In this country we would always say sorry and ask if you're ok. So what country were you thinking of living in then Ben!

I'd hate to live in any country other than UK - I don't have anything against foreigners but in UK people have manners - eg if you bump into someone on the street. In this country we would always say sorry and ask if you're ok. So what country were you thinking of living in then Ben!

Probably Buttonland B)

Well, it would depend where theres a decent job! But ideally it would be one of these, Canada, Australia, NZ or Italy! In the law section in tuesdays times there was a job in the cayman islands working for the gov as a lawyer! I deffo wouldnt turn that one down! LOL

Well, it would depend where theres a decent job! But ideally it would be one of these, Canada, Australia, NZ or Italy! In the law section in tuesdays times there was a job in the cayman islands working for the gov as a lawyer! I deffo wouldnt turn that one down! LOL

I admit, Ben, my question was loaded. I am a practicing lawyer in Canada, so I know a little bit about the profession here. What type of law are you interested in?

Well criminal is of course very interesting but its not where the money is, So i would be tempted to go into contract law and things like that!

We had to cover contract law at college. It's the nearest I've ever come to defenestration.

Well criminal is of course very interesting but its not where the money is, So i would be tempted to go into contract law and things like that!

There is a saying here that there are two kinds of lawyers, those who are motivated by ego, and those who are motivated by money. Those with ego practice criminal law, those who want money do something else.

But you're essentially right about Criminal Law not necessarily being where the money is, it is harder to make as good a living at that, but it is more exciting, and there are some of us who do very well by it.........

The one thing about a Criminal Law practice that you should keep in mind, is that if you have a desire to be an advocate, that is where the action is. Here in Canada, we do not have the distinction between Barristers and Solicitors, so that we all do both. For my part, I spend at least 80-90% of my working time in Court, advocating for my clients. It is a fascinating and ever-changing job, and you end up with some truly hair-raising stories at the end of the day.

ahh that sounds much more fun! I think i would rather do that TBH, its just i didnt want to go straight into training for a barrister here as its a very lengthy process and you kind of need to have gone to oxbridge or another top top uni!

ahh that sounds much more fun! I think i would rather do that TBH, its just i didnt want to go straight into training for a barrister here as its a very lengthy process and you kind of need to have gone to oxbridge or another top top uni!

I have a friend who went to Cambridge after doing his Masters here in Canada. Said it was the best experience of his life. I passed on that, I was too eager to get my carreer started at the time, but in retrospect, it would have been interesting to do that too.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them. No matter what you decide, good luck with school - you have to do well to get accepted in the Law program!!!!

BTW - do you have to write the LSAT (or its equivalent) to get into Law in the UK?

I think so! Not sure though!

Well, as I say, if you ever have any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to help out!!!

i would be tempted to go into contract law and things like that!

I must say that is quite amusing considering your allegiance!