Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Which Team Will Be The Biggest Supprise In 2006

Which team will be the biggest positive supprise in 2006  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will be the biggest positive supprise

• Renault
    • McLaren
    • Ferrari
    • Toyota
    • Honda
    • Williams
    • Red Bull
    • BMW Sauber
    • Midland
    • Toro Rosso
    • Super Aguri

Which team will be the biggest (positive) supprise of the 2006 season. Last year it was Red Bull but what team do you believe will supprise everyone next year.

I think Williams will bounce back next year. They know how to build a race car and the Cosworth will probably be fast and reliable.

:eusa_think: Biggest positive suprise? Toro Rosso

Williams. Rebuilding year, it might be a good year. Lots of new stuff.

I agree that Williams will probably improve the most from '05 to '06, but everyone is predicting that, so it's not technically a "surprise" is it? To be surprising, it has to be unexpected, so I give my vote to Toro Rosso, who no-one is expecting anything from, so any improvements will have to be considered a massive surprise!!!! And, given the deep pockets at Red Bull (something that the Minardi squad never had), there is the genuine potential for real improvement at Toro Rosso.

The other possible candidates would be Midland (whose hard work in fighting their way to the back of the grid over the past two or three years has to be rewarded at some point) and BMW (who might actually stumble onto something despite the mass confusion that's going on at Hinwil right now).

The problem with Midland is that I just don't think they've regrouped enough to genuinely put together a decent package for next year, and as for BMW - well, if they do pull something off (and let's hope they do!!!!) it can't be considered a real surprise, given the generally sound design that the Sauber chassis have had historically, the sophistication of their wind tunnel and other facilities, and the amount of money that BMW has to throw at their problems.

As for RBR, they had a damn decent season this year, so expectations are high for next year, particularly with Newey now joining them. Same thing for Toyota, '05 was their best year yet, and they have momentum going into next year, so people expect them to continue to improve. Honda has been fighting at the top of the order over the past few years, so there's not much room left for massive improvements, and even less for Ferrari, McLaren, and Renault (in that order).

Of course the big question mark has to be Aguri Suzuki's new team, but having to start the season with the '02 Arrows chassis will be a huge disadvantage, so they'll be considered a success if they simply manage to finish a race without being lapped by the Midland and Toro Rosso drivers. If they do bring on a 'new' chassis somewhere during the '06 season, it's bound to be an improvement over the Arrows, but as a newby team, no one really expects them to be competitive - which I guess might make them an outside longshot for the biggest surprise of all!!!!!

It'll be Super Nintendo Aguri. They won't be as hopeless as we (me included) have predicted. So they're using an A23 tub. Big deal; the rest of the car (engine, gearbox, bodywork and aero) will have to be new to meet the new regulations. It won't be as far off the pace as we thought, but the drivers might be.......

*I fear that I have just committed a grave error of judgement, but will stand by it nonetheless*

It'll be Super Nintendo Aguri. They won't be as hopeless as we (me included) have predicted. So they're using an A23 tub. Big deal; the rest of the car (engine, gearbox, bodywork and aero) will have to be new to meet the new regulations. It won't be as far off the pace as we thought, but the drivers might be.......

*I fear that I have just committed a grave error of judgement, but will stand by it nonetheless*

:rofl::rofl:

Monza, I've said it before, but it bears repeating, someone should petition the British government to have you declared a national treasure!!!!!!!! You kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worshippy:

Life is way too short to take it too seriously, my friend. I thank you. And I still tip Super Mario Aguri for biggest surprise of '06.

Life is way too short to take it too seriously, my friend. I thank you. And I still tip Super Mario Aguri for biggest surprise of '06.

You may be right..... they are rightly considered massive underdogs for '06, so any real form will be the undisputed surprise of the season - it all now depends on whether they can pull it together and achieve something.

I think it's just going to come down to money. Aguri Suzuki seems to be the object of much ridicule within these pages, but he was a competent and quick driver. He has done well in his business dealings since leaving F1, and has a competent team (Super Aguri Fernandez) Stateside. I don't think we should dismiss him in such an offhand manner. He may yet surprise us all.

Super Aguri would be big suprise if it did get off to good start, but personally actually i will vote BMW because noone really expecting much from them this year as well.

Renault is goin to be the biggest surprise this season.

Everybody expecting a good season for them in 2006 which is speculated to be their last year in F1.

They will be beaten by Mclaren, Toyota and Honda and thus wil be the surprise of the season.

I think it's just going to come down to money. Aguri Suzuki seems to be the object of much ridicule within these pages, but he was a competent and quick driver. He has done well in his business dealings since leaving F1, and has a competent team (Super Aguri Fernandez) Stateside. I don't think we should dismiss him in such an offhand manner. He may yet surprise us all.

Don't get me wrong monza, I don't underestimate Aguri, but starting the season with a 4 year old chassis modified to meet the current regulations will be a MASSIVE disadvantage, one which will surely see them at the back of the grid. No question, it will provide an excellent opportunity to learn (which is what any team focuses on in their first season) but I don't hold much hope that they will be competetive against either Midland (who will be running a new chassis) or Toro Rosso (who at least have Minardi's much improved new chassis from last season).

I said BMW Sauber... Maybe its just wishful thinking???

But sooner or later the will be a race winner.

I dont see Williams being a surprise personally!

Don't get me wrong monza, I don't underestimate Aguri, but starting the season with a 4 year old chassis modified to meet the current regulations will be a MASSIVE disadvantage, one which will surely see them at the back of the grid. No question, it will provide an excellent opportunity to learn (which is what any team focuses on in their first season) but I don't hold much hope that they will be competetive against either Midland (who will be running a new chassis) or Toro Rosso (who at least have Minardi's much improved new chassis from last season).

I'm not claiming they'll be anything other than last, but don't think they'll be as far off the pace as we expect. That's why they'll be the biggest surprise of 2006. Well, that and the fact that they made it to the grid at all.

I'm not claiming they'll be anything other than last, but don't think they'll be as far off the pace as we expect. That's why they'll be the biggest surprise of 2006. Well, that and the fact that they made it to the grid at all.

good point MG!

IF they make it to the grid!

IF they make it to the grid!

Remember the days (particularly around 1992) where often only 22 or so of the 26 cars would qualify for the race.

My o my, NK would have struggled with that system!

My vote goes to toyota. With all their money and gascoyne probably making an even-better car, I wouldn't be surprised at all if toyota are the team to beat. Of course I'm hoping that Honda are the big surprise!!

Toyota & Honda could both be dark horses in 2006. Those Japs sure can make quick engines, and thats no lie!

Remember the days (particularly around 1992) where often only 22 or so of the 26 cars would qualify for the race.

My o my, NK would have struggled with that system!

no he would not have

14/12/2005

Jerez

Narain Karthikeyan 1:19:2

Mark Webber 1:19:5

source:www.williamsf1.com

no he would not have

14/12/2005

Jerez

Narain Karthikeyan 1:19:2

Mark Webber 1:19:5

source:www.williamsf1.com

As far as I can remember he wasn't racing a Williams in 2005 though!