Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

The Official Testing Thread

please read the first page of this thread where i point out that you cannot infer that "ferrari are looking strong " from these times

whilst we can't get any info chassis wise as the aero on the F2004 doesn't comply with the regs for '05 and '06, the engines seems to be quick and reliable.

so did they run restricted or not,

if they didnt then i ask why ferrari dont just use a modified F2004 for 06, it seems to be the fastest so far. it would show just how good the F2004 car was, if it won 2 seasons it would really be the most dominante car ever.

Unrestricted according to autosport.

The Ferrari engine blow up was probably due to inadequate cooling, Red Bull are using heir own cooling system, which is causing problems, they tried to overcome it by errr.. see for yourself -

545671pr.jpg

Red Bull is still struggling to overcome a cooling problem that blighted its new RB2 chassis on its first shakedown test last month.

David Coulthard drove the new car again at Jerez in Spain on Tuesday, but his w*rk was interrupted by continuing efforts to resolve the overheating issue.

"It was something of a scrappy day,

The Ferrari engine blow up was probably due to inadequate cooling

It wasnt. The engine failed on Coulthard's 2nd lap. If it was a cooling problem then the car would have lastest longer before its engine gave way.

The Ferrari engine blow up was probably due to inadequate cooling, Red Bull are using heir own cooling system, which is causing problems, they tried to overcome it by errr.. see for yourself -

545671pr.jpg

""Paul Monaghan, Head of Race and Test Engineering:

"Along with our engine partner, we will of course be investigating what caused the engine to fail. We had a couple of new car gremlins that we addressed during the day, and with every run we're learning more about our new package""

the engine blow up is a "Ferrari engine failure"

as for the holes,they are there on the redbull car since tuesday ,(both on the track and in this thread) :rolleyes:

of course its a Ferrari engine, but poor cooling could have caused it.

the absense of cooling gills(vis-avis the 2005 car),expecting the engine to be cooler compared to the v10

and lower ambient temperature may have led to cooling problems initially,but after drilling holes they seem to have temporarily sorted it out...

so you mean to say ferrari engines cant fail on their own :P

of course its a Ferrari engine, but poor cooling could have caused it.

No. If the Red Bull car went 10 or more laps i might agree with you but the RB2 was only on its 2nd lap of the day before the engine failed. There was not enough time for the engine to overheat.

whilst we can't get any info chassis wise as the aero on the F2004 doesn't comply with the regs for '05 and '06, the engines seems to be quick and reliable.

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=200...s&anchor=dasmot

translation: (spanish to english)pedro,explaining,how ferrari v8 is powerful

"OF THE PINK DOUBT OF THE FERRARI CONFIGURATION "We think that the back diffuser of Michael is of 2004, is strange. That yes, has a great V8 motor and we are behind them " Michael Schumacher Sherry march and leaves the flavor of mouth of the great motor, most powerful and with greater capacity of acceleration (he arrives at the line of goal at more speed than nobody). And the good yield of its Bridgestone, mainly to a return. But some doubt also on the single-seater that took and its adjustment to the regulation. It gives the impression that the ' Kaiser' and his escuder

:wtf: The translation needs a translation

:wtf: The translation needs a translation

basically,pedro dela rossa, saying that ferrari engine is powerful,and how,when he was following the ferrari during the tests,he was surprised by the acceleration of the ferrari v8

also he says that till the end of jan they will be using the v10's..and the windtunnel data of the mp4_21 is

encouraging and the car is much better compared to the mp4-20

he also says FA is a super pilot,i could not understand anything more,maybe ecap could help with his spanish :eusa_think:

:lol: Yes Indeed ecap or Kiko would no doubt indeed be better at the translation, indeed.........

Seems like a nice time for Williams.

both williams drivers completed only around 40 laps(nico -49) ,times are on a light fuel load

times set by renault and toyota are impressive

Place - Driver - Time - Laps - Car

1. R. Barrichello 1:16.732 47 BAR 007B (V10)

2. P. de la Rosa 1:16.732 65 McLaren-Mercedes MP4-20B (V10)

3. M. Gen

The 2004 seems to have seriously impressive pace :eusa_think::D

I wonder what Red Bull is doing. They are 2.8 seconds slower than the fastest 2006 spec car.

They have cooling problems and I think they are still running with huge holes in the bodywork :unsure: , that would screw up the aero.

I wonder what Red Bull is doing. They are 2.8 seconds slower than the fastest 2006 spec car.

And they haven

Alonso: New R26 feels good

The Renault F1 Team continued development work with the R26 today, with World Champion Fernando Alonso taking over driving duties from team-mate Giancarlo Fisichella in the new car. Alonso was glad to see the R26 is as easy to drive as the Championship winning R25.

"I had a very good first day in the R26," Alonso said on Thursday evening. "I was hoping that it would feel similar to the R25, because that was a very good car for the drivers. The good news for me is that the new car was still easy to drive, it was consistent when we did some longer runs, and we didn't have any mechanical problems today."

"It was the first test with the new V8 engine, we didn't have any problems, and the feeling was similar to the simulation we have been running this winter. That was good because it means we have already prepared well in our testing. The performance of the package felt good, although at such an early stage there are still lots of areas to improve. But this is the first January test with a brand new car. Taking that into account, I think we are in a strong position."

And they haven’t used Liuzzi!

What are you talking about

yesterday's timings

Pos Driver Team Tyres Time Laps

01. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes (M) 1:16.509 86 *

02. M.Schumacher Ferrari ( B) 1:17.970 53

03. Zonta Toyota ( B) 1:18.541 71

04. Alonso Renault (M) 1:18.697 104 *

05. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber (M) 1:18.817 56

06. Fisichella Renault (M) 1:19.118 65

07. R.Schumacher Toyota ( B) 1:19.189 35

08. Rosberg Williams-Cosworth ( B) 1:19.394 50

09. Davidson Honda (M) 1:19.427 112

10. Badoer Ferrari ( B) 1:19.774 94 *

11. Rossiter Honda (M) 1:19.891 104

12. Trulli Toyota ( B) 1:19.975 18

13. Paffett McLaren-Mercedes (M) 1:20.136 81 *

14. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Cosworth (M) 1:20.216 90

15. Wurz Williams-Cosworth ( B) 1:20.749 31

16. Coulthard Red Bull-Ferrari (M) 1:21.198 31

* V10 engine

All Timing Unofficial

Good to see Nick run quick and reliably, but still behind JV's best V8 time at Jerez if I am not mistaken so don't get too excited yet Antonia

pfft :P

BEN GET OFFLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked at that rbr car yesterday and didn't notice the holes!!

ok, these testing times are officially messed up. What on EARTH is happening with red bull? And how can nick go from 5th to 12th with only 24 hours in between? Alonso and Rosberg seem to be getting similar places so doesn't look like they're trying anything new. I wonder what BMW are up to...

ok, these testing times are officially messed up. What on EARTH is happening with red bull? And how can nick go from 5th to 12th with only 24 hours in between? Alonso and Rosberg seem to be getting similar places so doesn't look like they're trying anything new. I wonder what BMW are up to...

not only are BMW doing the regular system checks ,and long runs for tyre testing,but they are testing quite a few new aero bits on the front wing,and in some pics there are strange winglets hanging,while in others the car looks normal ..