Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

Ctrl300????

:wtf::wtf:
if the mod feels some posts were too offensive,he/she can always edit it and "ban" the member for some time (based on strict rules,and not according to his whims and fancies) and see if the situation improves

This is what I was aiming at. And yes, I thought he was too p**sed and he told me he wasn't. So I apologized. I recognize my mistakes. Had your friend at least tried to do that, he would still be around.

This is what I was aiming at. And yes, I thought he was too p**sed and he told me he wasn't. So I apologized. I recognize my mistakes. Had your friend at least tried to do that, he would still be around.

I think you have it there in a nutshell - what more needs to be said! :lol:

I have no clue what that means, is that some kind of a threat?

Threat? No, just making a point about how NF is hanging himself in the eyes of the forum...........

To set the record straight, Ulrik had been banned before and upon return he picked up right where he left off was banned again for some time(months) was let back and after probably letting him stay around for too long, was banned again. If he returns as a different persona on this forum it won't take long to figure it out.............The screen name Ctrl300 will never return, the person behind it might...............

Hmm you choose to set the record straight about a person who is no longer here, but not about someone who still is :eusa_think: Strange are the ways...

Hmm you choose to set the record straight about a person who is no longer here, but not about someone who still is :eusa_think: Strange are the ways...

Perhaps because this whole thread is about the person who is no longer here and not about the one who still is? Seriously, Cav, you should let it go.

There is still an unresolved issue about a person who still is and two persons who really shouldn't be where they are. I am not letting it go.

There is still an unresolved issue about a person who still is and two persons who really shouldn't be where they are. I am not letting it go.

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Fair enough, but would you mind please keeping your thoughts and observations in the thread that appears to have been set aside for such a purpose. Thanks. (I seem to recall that was your idea in the first place)

Interestingly, you don't make the same demand from pumpdoc who has brought up my name more than once in this thread. The matter is related, I don't see why you'd bother reading this thread if you don't care about the other two.

Threads like this one made me leave the forum for a while...

But I come back and realize that my beloved forum is still kidnapped by people who talk about everything but F1 and racing, people who loves controversy and pseudo persecution...

a shame...a shame...this is a very boring forum now...

remember the pre NK days...those were good.

Hello Eduardo. Nice to see you.

Cav, you said you'd keep your crusade/vendetta/fight for justice/noble cause/pointless whinging* in the thread you created for it. And who said I didn't care about the other threads? Never make assumptions about me.

*delete as appropriate

But I come back and realize that my beloved forum is still kidnapped by people

My beloved forum has been kidnapped by two incompetent mods, if you want us to get back to F1, you can stop your woeful moderation for one.

Hello Eduardo. Nice to see you.

Cav, you said you'd keep your crusade/vendetta/fight for justice/noble cause/pointless whinging* in the thread you created for it. And who said I didn't care about the other threads?

Never make assumptions about me.

That is precisely what I have to do, when you don't articulate your own views, I can only assume that you don't care, and that pointless whinging is the phrase you would use out of the ones you listed. Feel free to correct me.

I didn't commit to keeping the issue out of threads that discuss moderation, or where a moderators whooses to bring up my name.

That is precisely what I have to do, when you don't articulate your own views, I can only assume that you don't care, and that pointless whinging is the phrase you would use out of the ones you listed. Feel free to correct me.

I didn't commit to keeping the issue out of threads that discuss moderation, or where a moderators whooses to bring up my name.

It may surprise you to learn that that is not the phrase I would have used (I think crusade is more appropriate). As for the not caring part, perhaps it's that I don't care enough rather than not caring at all? You have made some valid points in your threads, and I do not think you should have been banned (the most recent one) for the comments you made immediately preceding it. Nor do I think that those threads should have been closed.

My beloved forum has been kidnapped by two incompetent mods, if you want us to get back to F1, you can stop your woeful moderation for one.

Eduardo: Don't let this kind of posts disappoint you, most of us ARE having fun and a discussing not only F1, but many other interest and enjoying it thoroughly while making new friends.

Cav: if you want to be banned so you can come back and play the victim, just say it so. Your post obviously seems to point in that direction. No matter how hard you try or how many posts you make. You are the only one voicing these kind of complaints against the mods (the other criticisms I've read, NF's aside, never went quite as far as yours) Should the moderators were as incompetent, there would be lots of people supporting you. As you could see, many of us supported your first posts. You are now alone and, in fact, exchanging vitriolic posts with people that used to agree with you. I am really telling you this because I think you are a good person, if you were someone like Ctrl300 I wouldn't be this patient. You should control your temper, whatever was that happened in the past isn't happening now and we are all quite satisfied with the situation. You would be too, if you would just understand that this is a forum to exchange opinions and have fun, not a piece of sacred land from your ancestors. I am sorry I cannot express myself good enough to show you how much you are missing by keeping focused on your own resentment. I only hope you will try to understand.

I am sorry I cannot express myself good enough to show you how much you are missing by keeping focused on your own resentment.

I think you expressed yourself very well, Andres.

Eduardo: Don't let this kind of posts disappoint you, most of us ARE having fun and a discussing not only F1, but many other interest and enjoying it thoroughly while making new friends.

You are jumping into territory you know nothing about. The thing that really annoys me right now is he closed a thread of mine, didn't give a reason, and then just watched from the sidelines, and now he steps in to accuse me of destroying the forum (Yes it is an accusation against me, and one he has made numerous times, again, you don't know the context, you instinctively choose a position). He still feels no obligation to explain his conduct as a mod, yet he feels he has the right to routinely air his biases to everyone.

Cav: if you want to be banned so you can come back and play the victim, just say it so.
I have said it before, it is not that I want to be banned, it is that I no longer care if I am.
You are the only one voicing these kind of complaints against the mods

Which is irrelevant, I am taking a stand of principle, I am not taking a populist stand, or campaigning for myself. Remember you are implicitly saying that you will not oppose, i.e. that you will support a ban given to me for making these posts. Not taking a position is in fact taking a very strong position in favour of the status quo.

Should the moderators were as incompetent, there would be lots of people supporting you.
I haven't seen a single person credibly argue that the way I am treated is fair, people feel that it is a minor issue, or one of no concern to them. It is incorrect to say that a majority argue that I have been treated fairly.
You are now alone and, in fact, exchanging vitriolic posts with people that used to agree with you.

I don't consider this a vitriolic post.

whatever was that happened in the past isn't happening now and we are all quite satisfied with the situation.
With respect, that is a preposterous argument. How do you know it won't happen again? Have the persons conerned in fact admitted to their mistakes, have they made a commitment that it won't happen again?
You would be too, if you would just understand that this is a forum to exchange opinions and have fun, not a piece of sacred land from your ancestors.

I don't take that pacifist position in life, in anything.

It may surprise you to learn that that is not the phrase I would have used (I think crusade is more appropriate). As for the not caring part, perhaps it's that I don't care enough rather than not caring at all? You have made some valid points in your threads, and I do not think you should have been banned (the most recent one) for the comments you made immediately preceding it. Nor do I think that those threads should have been closed.

Fair enough, but you would understand that not caring enough to say what you said made it appear as if you implicitly supported the moderator actions, or it did to me at least, thanks for clarifying.

May i articulate my own views?

Waaaaaaaaaaaa! (plop, squelch) Waaaaaaaaaa!

There, that's what you said, only a bit shorter. Everyone is sick of your whining Cavallino. If it were not for the fact that you have a view on Formula One i would have banned your whining arse from here months ago. Lord just give me the power. Getting this passionate on an internet forum about a load of old tat is indicative of your lack of perspective on the important things in life. I wouldn't waste that much time on something i cared about, let alone with a bunch of people i have never met.

You are the epitomy of everything wrong with internet forums. By your own admission are argumentative and seem to think that this is a quality. All you are doing is bringing this site down.

Bambino was created to hopefully make you see that this is what you have become. I am of a mind to start a campaign for supporting your life time ban. The sooner this site is rid of the trolls, antagonists and whiners, all the better.

Finally, i hope that if you are still here by March 18th that you may indulge us with your views on Formula One motor racing, they are very much worth reading.

Some of us have already figured it out......... It's not rocket science.

You are jumping into territory you know nothing about. The thing that really annoys me right now is he closed a thread of mine, didn't give a reason, and then just watched from the sidelines, and now he steps in to accuse me of destroying the forum (Yes it is an accusation against me, and one he has made numerous times, again, you don't know the context, you instinctively choose a position). He still feels no obligation to explain his conduct as a mod, yet he feels he has the right to routinely air his biases to everyone.

I know nothing about, I admit it. My position comes from observing Eduardo's reactions and yours in the pastfew months since I started posting here. I am quite aware that I am a newbie.

I have said it before, it is not that I want to be banned, it is that I no longer care if I am.

Fair enough.

Which is irrelevant, I am taking a stand of principle, I am not taking a populist stand, or campaigning for myself. Remember you are implicitly saying that you will not oppose, i.e. that you will support a ban given to me for making these posts. Not taking a position is in fact taking a very strong position in favour of the status quo.

This is the juicy part. This is no WW2 barricade. Is not ze Germans you are fighting against. You are not defending the principles of freedom against Louis XIV, either. You are just p**sed off (and, as most of us agreed, rightfuly so) about an unfair ban. To talk about not giving up on your principles is not a sign of a strong character, nor my approach is a weak one. THIS IS A FRIGGING F1 FORUM!!! If someone steps on your shoes and does not apologize what would you do? Sue the guy and burn down his house because he should have at least apologized?

"Principles without sense of proportion are not true principles, but mere stubborness under another name"

I haven't seen a single person credibly argue that the way I am treated is fair, people feel that it is a minor issue, or one of no concern to them. It is incorrect to say that a majority argue that I have been treated fairly.

I never said you were treated fairly AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME (some people here will recognize the phrase ;) )Like you said, most of us think it is a minor issue or one of no concern to us. If you also recognize this, shouldn't make this reconsider if your opionion alone is enough to discredit the mods and start all this commotion? Haven't you asked yourself is this isn't more some perception of yours more than an actual issue with the forum?

I don't consider this a vitriolic post.

It was not vitriolic at all, and I appreciate it :D

With respect, that is a preposterous argument. How do you know it won't happen again? Have the persons conerned in fact admitted to their mistakes, have they made a commitment that it won't happen again?

I don't take that pacifist position in life, in anything.

It may happen again, of course. Mods are people and, as such, prone to mistakes. Anybody in that position can make mistakes and, imho, many of us would not be half as good in that position.

They didn't repeat the mistake, which is the core of this all. Yes they didn't apologize. And they probably won't (correction, Bruce did but it was not what you wanted, iirc). Why? I wouldn't apologize either, mostly because your position puts them in a place where it would be really humiliating to apologize. Your mod-bashing does not help at all. You want an apology? Why not extending your hand in good will first? If they dont accept it, you would have the grounds to say that they are resentful and bitter.

Just my vision about all this.