Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Spa 1998 - Full Race

watched that race all by myself in a bar in Corfu, my family were all on the beach, I was only about 14 - one of the best days of my life!

Great post Ykick.

I remember watching this one with a few friends during a Sunday morning "liquid" brunch :beer22:

That start really was something else, I can't believe that nobody was seriously injured.

Visibility must've been 0% because Riccardo Rosset just ploughed into the carnage without even slowing down

I wonder what Coulthard was thinking here?

st01.jpg

Coulthard to self.... Dont worry David, its still your year!

Coulthard to self.... Dont worry David, its still your year!

Though you must admitt than if a driver has to crash out its quite a accomplishment to take 9 cars with you. If your going to crash you may as well crash out in style :D

To be fair i think he just aquaplaned into the wall. His car was hit by so many other cars i cannot believe he wasnt hurt

To be fair i think he just aquaplaned into the wall. His car was hit by so many other cars i cannot believe he wasnt hurt

I also remember reading somewhere that he was actually hit by another car and that caused Coulthard to hit the wall.

I also remember reading somewhere that he was actually hit by another car and that caused Coulthard to hit the wall.

I have seen this crash so many times since then, and I believe that he just put the power down too early and Kablammo!

Ban traction control now!

I have seen this crash so many times since then, and I believe that he just put the power down too early and Kablammo!

Ive seen the crash alot as well but i just cant see what happened as there was to much spray.

somethings just occurred to me, DC managed to crash out of that race twice and yet he still finished!

That must not be easy to do :D He also managed to knock Mika Salo, Rubens Barrichello, Olivier Panis, Ricardo Rosset, Alex Wurz and of course Michael Schumacher. Thats 6 drivers he got rid of and he still managed to finish the race.

I'll never forget that ugly look of intent on Michael's face that day as he went marching down the pitlane into Mclaren's garage. If anyone doubted how much it mean to him, that day it was dispelled.

It was bad behaviour by Michael and he apologised. i think Michael and David learned alot about each other that day. Their respect developed as a result.

It was bad behaviour by Michael and he apologised. i think Michael and David learned alot about each other that day. Their respect developed as a result.

Look at the respect just flowing through Coulthard here

finger.jpg

Look at the respect just flowing through Coulthard here

finger.jpg

Whoever made that can't spell schumacher, but damm funny netherless :P

DC uses the finger and people laugh and consider him a mate. Alonso waves his fist and he's public enemy #1. Anyone care to answer why?

DC uses the finger and people laugh and consider him a mate. Alonso waves his fist and he's public enemy #1. Anyone care to answer why?

Alonso in general is not a nice person,and keeps cribbing when he losses dc is just optimistic thus...

Alonso in general is not a nice person,and keeps cribbing when he losses dc is just optimistic thus...

I think that quote says it all. Just another excuse for ferrari fans to hate him.

And the only time he got upset was for the Monza penalty, and I am sure there would be a million and one ferrari fans crying foul if the FIA had imposed said penalty on Schumacher.

As for the waving fist: Unnecessary, I will agree I suppose he just hates having his race impeded by people who are unnecessarily holding him up. He is not the only driver on the grid that does it.

Indeed Shane. You're a pretty objective person (from what I can read of you so far) so I'd expect your answer from you. I was curious what the people who like to ride Alonso would say to it. I'm not sure I'd agree with AJ that Alonso isn't a nice person....

I think that quote says it all. Just another excuse for ferrari fans to hate him.

And the only time he got upset was for the Monza penalty, and I am sure there would be a million and one ferrari fans crying foul if the FIA had imposed said penalty on Schumacher.

As for the waving fist: Unnecessary, I will agree I suppose he just hates having his race impeded by people who are unnecessarily holding him up. He is not the only driver on the grid that does it.

What abt " the team does not want to let me take the no 1 to mclaren" or "reno has never helped me" or were those out of context ? :rolleyes:

Because Alonso does it far too often and does it needlessly to drivers who havent even done anything wrong. i'm no ferrari fan but its one of the first reasons that led me to dislike Alonso. If people dont dive out of the way to let him past, he shakes his fist. Yes, other drivers have shaked their fist before too, but Alonso does it way too often. He gets too angry (blinded by on-track arrogance perhaps, and everyone else should bow to him?) as shown by when he dangerously sweved across Monteiro just because he didnt get out of the way quick enough, and did the same thing to Doornbos for the same reason.

DC did that little gesture ONCE, and you can understand why when you see the footage.