Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Mclaren Team Up With Kangaroo Tv

Kangaroo TV are already bringing their innovative handheld television sets to Formula One spectators at all 2007 races. Now they have agreed to supply the McLaren team with their own bespoke units.

McLaren believe the multi-year deal will help them raise the bar in terms of delivering the best race coverage to their guests at Grands Prix. The team

Does anyone know why its called "Kangaroo TV"?
Maybe it's an Australian company whixh you might know well ykick ;) !

Does anyone know why its called "Kangaroo TV"?

Because it is in a pouch that you hangs from yout neck

Have you used it?? if so how are they?

No I didn't hire one I'm sorry. I didn't even enquire how much they where to hire.

They would be great to have if you where not on a part of the track where you cant see one of the mega screens. Or cant hear the track comentators (if you wanted to listen to them at all that is).

This should be good. I wonder how much is their price for rent though

on GP2006.com theres an article about it, apparantly it costs about US$100 to rent for the whole weekend. It would be pretty handy, but I think I'd rather buy a team t-shirt or something. If I could find one under $100...

Have you used it?? if so how are they?
I saw in the article that it will give the McLaren pit crew a better & more clearer view of the race! Lucky b#####ds!

No I didn't hire one I'm sorry. I didn't even enquire how much they where to hire.

They would be great to have if you where not on a part of the track where you cant see one of the mega screens. Or cant hear the track comentators (if you wanted to listen to them at all that is).

Well they include also team radio (heavily censored, I am sure, but still interesting), full race in cameras, perhaps access to some telmetry as well? In that case they might be worth some extra money

Well they include also team radio (heavily censored, I am sure, but still interesting), full race in cameras, perhaps access to some telmetry as well? In that case they might be worth some extra money

Yup. If and when i go for a race i would try to get one of these...

Bump.

The company is Canadian and the unit would cost $435.00 to buy (no word on how much its continued service would cost).

Rental at the USGP 2007: $95.00 for the weekend, $60.00 for just Sunday.

I went to the website and the bit that interested me most was the fact that you could "follow" your favorite driver around the track, not just in-car, which is cool enough, but from what would be the normal race feed as well. The radio aspect is hit-or-miss, I suppose, because most teams scramble their signal, and I don't think anyone has told them they couldn't.

$95.00 is a lot of money, though.

This sounds great, I am hoping to hit the F1 grid in the UK next year at silverstone and hope these are around, would love to rent one of these just to follow the drivers around the track.

This sounds great, I am hoping to hit the F1 grid in the UK next year at silverstone and hope these are around, would love to rent one of these just to follow the drivers around the track.

tell us how it is...

I was one of the lucky ones to test them on the Saturday and Sunday at Monza last year, they are ace!

We are definitely hiring ones for Monza and Spa this year. They give you the sector times which is very hand for qualifying and in laps. To be honest we had it on the timings more than the pictures!

They show all the GP2 action too, plus some choices of on board cameras.

I was one of the lucky ones to test them on the Saturday and Sunday at Monza last year, they are ace!

We are definitely hiring ones for Monza and Spa this year. They give you the sector times which is very hand for qualifying and in laps. To be honest we had it on the timings more than the pictures!

They show all the GP2 action too, plus some choices of on board cameras.

So its well worth the hefty price?

I seen these at the GP in Melbourne.

Here is their website for those who are interested: Kangaroo TV

I'd never heard of them Aussie, I'll have to check it out this coming year. May have to put in a word to a relative next season who works for the Aust Grand Prix Corporation.