Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Alonso To Bmw?

Let's not forget he started at Minardi and had to struggle with a midfield Renault from 2002 to 2004. Nobody gave him nothing for free.

Is he a worst driver than before? Hard to tell. The car is certainly awful. Besides looking worryingly unstable, the engine is as fast as a donkey with arthritis. At Spa, it wasn't even on the 8 fastest lap records, yet he managed a not too shabby 4th place, so I still give him credit.

I'm among those who are a little bit dissapointed by Fernando's performances this year but still i have to reckon the car is a real potato (Red Bull and Toyota have been more competitive so far)

Besides if you look at the performances of the others "top racers" absolutelly none of them have impressed me (well Lewis does in the positive and in the negative side)

Claiming Fernando is no longer the one he was and no top team is going to be interested in him is plain s##t (I have little doubt Ferrari would replace any of his racers to give him the ride in the same way I'm pretty sure Mario Theissen would kill for having the guy in his team)

Let's not forget he started at Minardi and had to struggle with a midfield Renault from 2002 to 2004. Nobody gave him nothing for free.

Is he a worst driver than before? Hard to tell. The car is certainly awful. Besides looking worryingly unstable, the engine is as fast as a donkey with arthritis. At Spa, it wasn't even on the 8 fastest lap records, yet he managed a not too shabby 4th place, so I still give him credit.

Oh he developed that attitude after his first championship with Renault.

I have little doubt Ferrari would replace any of his racers to give him the ride in the same way I'm pretty sure Mario Theissen would kill for having the guy in his team

Ferrari could have. They didn't. Mario is not showing much hurry either. So you're wrong.

Well, one of all these rumours will end up being true, so maybe this is my chance to say "you heard it from me first!" :P

I hope he stays at Renault ( :wub: ), though.

Edit: Source

If Nando goes to BMW, who leaves? Kubica and Alonso are a lethal but potentially combustible pairing, methinks. We could see a repeat of the McLaren fiasco all over again. Kubica could go to Honda and maybe this is what Brawn is waiting on. There again, his inexperience is against him, if you accept that RB will only take a driver with Alonso's level of technical skill and speed on board. Unfortunately, only Nando has those qualities.

Flavio has already intimated that he may exit F1 if costs aren't brought under control. Nando wouldn't stay at Renault without him, that's for sure. BMW are the coming team - there is no doubt about it and Nando is a great fit for them. Honda have made JB and RB into losers. They're not. If Ross has a great car up his sleeve, then he shouldn't be worrying about drivers - he already has two of the best. However, he needs someone with more tech savvy than Jens but around the same age.

I'm going to make a prediction. Nando to BMW. Kubica to Honda. Heidfeld to Renault. Sutil to BMW. Barrichello to Force India. What odds on that!

Ferrari could have. They didn't. Mario is not showing much hurry either. So you're wrong.

When exactly could Ferrari? All we can do is especulate, i could tell the one who is not in a hurry is Fernando... He will have a competitive car again for sure, probably next year.

When exactly could Ferrari? All we can do is especulate, i could tell the one who is not in a hurry is Fernando... He will have a competitive car again for sure, probably next year.

If Ferrari offered Alonso a drive he would fall over himself to take it. They haven't.

If Nando goes to BMW, who leaves? Kubica and Alonso are a lethal but potentially combustible pairing, methinks. We could see a repeat of the McLaren fiasco all over again. Kubica could go to Honda and maybe this is what Brawn is waiting on. There again, his inexperience is against him, if you accept that RB will only take a driver with Alonso's level of technical skill and speed on board. Unfortunately, only Nando has those qualities.

Flavio has already intimated that he may exit F1 if costs aren't brought under control. Nando wouldn't stay at Renault without him, that's for sure. BMW are the coming team - there is no doubt about it and Nando is a great fit for them. Honda have made JB and RB into losers. They're not. If Ross has a great car up his sleeve, then he shouldn't be worrying about drivers - he already has two of the best. However, he needs someone with more tech savvy than Jens but around the same age.

I'm going to make a prediction. Nando to BMW. Kubica to Honda. Heidfeld to Renault. Sutil to BMW. Barrichello to Force India. What odds on that!

Sounds like a real chair game! :wacko:

We will end up saying: "Go you...errr...whoever you are...you! in the Renault!"

As for the bolded bit: truer words were never spoken.

Oh he developed that attitude after his first championship with Renault.

Granted. But then again, he earn the right to be arrogant after carving slowly his way up almost by himself. In the kingdom of primadonnas, few have earned the right to be one :P

In all honesty, I don't have much faith in the relationship between Nando (unless his actual humble behavior is still there next year), Kubica/Heidfeld (none of them willing to play second fiddle to anyone, and they are right) and Mario (which you can't say has many points in common with Flabby Flav)

Saying is a lot different than actually doing... I will wait till then... If he does, i would be quite happy with him. I mainly hated him for his attitude, but looking at this year, he much more calm and controlled which is why i am shifting my opinion of him....

This year at Renault has certainly brought Fernando back down to earth with a thud. Just what he needed, his attitude / personally was getting away from him very quickly after the two championship years at Renault, and the drama filled year at Woking.

This year at Renault has certainly brought Fernando back down to earth with a thud. Just what he needed, his attitude / personally was getting away from him very quickly after the two championship years at Renault, and the drama filled year at Woking.

I think that was mainly because he was on top of the world after beating MSC twice and then he thought he could get away with anything. But after the Mclaren fiasco, he calmed down seeing that he was getting no good drives in any team if he didn't have a good attitude, which is why i think he is improving... Atleast i hope that...

I think that was mainly because he was on top of the world after beating MSC twice and then he thought he could get away with anything. But after the Mclaren fiasco, he calmed down seeing that he was getting no good drives in any team if he didn't have a good attitude, which is why i think he is improving... Atleast i hope that...

Yeah I agree with that. Beating one of the all time greats would lead to you thinking you where the best thing since sliced bread. Fernando is now ready for another chance at a WDC.

Yeah I agree with that. Beating one of the all time greats would lead to you thinking you where the best thing since sliced bread. Fernando is now ready for another chance at a WDC.

Actually i think his time may be over, only due to the new blood coming in too fast... Kubica/ Hamilton both will be in good cars and give him a tough run... And frankly unless he's in BMW he has very little shot at the cup...

Actually i think his time may be over, only due to the new blood coming in too fast... Kubica/ Hamilton both will be in good cars and give him a tough run... And frankly unless he's in BMW he has very little shot at the cup...

I disagree. Fernando is a born Champion what he is doing in the Renault R28 this year remarkable, he is making the thing look half decent. Fernando still has it, as long as he can keep his emotions under control.

I agree. It would be good to see Alonso in a competitive car again. I would've liked it to be a Renault. A three team battle is what this sport needs. We almost saw that this year with BMW. Hopefully next years rule changes can provide that in ernest.

I agree. It would be good to see Alonso in a competitive car again. I would've liked it to be a Renault. A three team battle is what this sport needs. We almost saw that this year with BMW. Hopefully next years rule changes can provide that in ernest.

Yup, without the regulation changes due for 2009, we would have a three team battle for the championship this year and an even closer three team battle in 2009. Shame but that's life.

Yeah Friendship is all good, until it gets down to Business... Alonso needs a number 2 in the team and if there is any threat he feels threatened and starts a drama show....

Yet the only one that is getting a number 2 is Hamilton... which makes sense considering the "drama show" Hamilton put on last season.

Funny world.

last week when Alonso was in Warsaw he said in the interview that if he drove alongside Robert in one team and Robert would have a better chance to become a champion at the end of the season, he would play supporting role for him. He also said that he hopes to drive with him in one team very soon.

Yep. Alonso's proven already he is a professional... aside from being a 2xWC.

Nothing surprising, really. Most of the field behaves and when someone doesn't (like Kubica lately) he is put in his place. Hamilton is the anomaly and lewisterics have no idea how fast Hamilton will crash if he doesn't deliver it all fast. The position Hamilton is in is absurd... even if he is partly to blame. RD should've had better sense since neither Hamilton nor his father does...

Anyway, there is a reaons why McLaren has not won in years. They better cash in now because the field will straighten itself out eventually and they won't have a prayer then.

Yet the only one that is getting a number 2 is Hamilton... which makes sense considering the "drama show" Hamilton put on last season.

Funny world.

Kimi just did a number 2 :banana_new:

Kimi just did a number 2 :banana_new:

It is an interest thing to say that only serves to highlight the exceptional circumstances at McLaren. Or, in other words, how come Ferrari isn't coming out with it when McLaren is screaming it to the skies from the day one?

Because Ferrari thought they could lower their expectation since McLaren had shot itself in the foot. The red goons will pay dearly for it if they don't wake up soon.

Alonso needs a number 2? Wow. No wonder he has been driving so slowly :D

That's the thing, he has a no 2 in the team... Piquet Jr. is not at all challenging him.