Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

The Bahrain Gp Official Thread

After the failure to improve racing by banning electronics, by adding a new aero package what makes you think things will improve ?!

The drivers will cope as they always have. They were going cautiously because they feared the tyres going off in the heat and new track surface and thereby blowing their race. Now they know a bit more about how much they can push and they'll remember that in Oz. After Oz, they'll feel even more confident to push the tyres and in a few more races the gaps will close. There wasn't a dramatic change in the rear of the cars this season so after the drivers regain their confidence the racing will heat up.

Ride height is another point that will improve the racing. I think that teams will develop a way to alter ride height which will see a change in strategy. Those teams will start on the harder compound and run as long as they can, then switch to the softer with a ride height adjustment towards the latter half.

In Indy the onboard camera is 360 degrees so rotates around during passes. Gives some superb angles.

Well, I was commenting more on the fight itself, but of course you are correct. I wouldn't mind the rotating cams in F1 either....

Nice job Andres buddy, a good read. Thanks for entertaining us over these few days. Good luck Nathan, it's your turf so you better deliver! :P

Awesome job Andres :clap3:

I keep getting these flash backs to my school days when you never wanted to have to present your work to the class after the smart kid has just done his!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeek. Thanks Andres :P

I'll do my very best fellow TF1'er ;)

And that's all from Bahrain. I hope you enjoyed it and I thank you for the many kind words you said about my reports (yeah, I read them ;))

As for the Australian GP, I appoint...F1 Master Batracer as our war correspondent! Ok, if he is not available...then...er...oh, ok...Nathan...whatever :P

Once again great job Andres :thbup:

Looking forward to stepping up and giving you guys the offical race report live from Melbourne, Australia for round 2 of the World Championship.

This time nest week I shall be on the ground at Albert Park, getting ready for my first live cross / posts from the track with pictures.

The drivers will cope as they always have. They were going cautiously because they feared the tyres going off in the heat and new track surface and thereby blowing their race. Now they know a bit more about how much they can push and they'll remember that in Oz. After Oz, they'll feel even more confident to push the tyres and in a few more races the gaps will close. There wasn't a dramatic change in the rear of the cars this season so after the drivers regain their confidence the racing will heat up.

Ride height is another point that will improve the racing. I think that teams will develop a way to alter ride height which will see a change in strategy. Those teams will start on the harder compound and run as long as they can, then switch to the softer with a ride height adjustment towards the latter half.

What f***** gaps ?!

Schumacher, Webber and Button were stuck in a train for the whole race and none could as were Vettel, Alonso and Massa.

What part of "couldn't get pass despite being (much) faster" did you not understood ?!

Kubica (most passes on hopeless backmarkers) had to back off for the entire second half, and after lap 25 there were no (real) passes.

These figures do not include lapping backmarkers, positions gained in the pits, position changes on the first lap of the race, or gained when a car has a serious technical problem (e.g. puncture, accident damage etc.) .

Overtaking summary - 1. Bahrain Grand Prix

Lap 2 - 16 Buemi passed 19 Kovalainen for 16th

11 Kubica passed 18 Trulli for 20th (hopeless backmarker)

11 Kubica passed 25 di Grassi for 19th (hopeless backmarker)

11 Kubica passed 24 Glock for 18th (hopeless backmarker)

14 Sutil passed 18 Trulli for 21st (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 3 - 22 de la Rosa passed 10 Hulkenberg for 13th (first non backmarker pass)

11 Kubica passed 19 Kovalainen for 16th (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 4 - 14 Sutil passed 24 Glock for 18th (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 5 - 14 Sutil passed 19 Kovalainen for 17th (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 6 - 10 Hulkenberg passed 21 Senna for 21st (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 10 - 22 de la Rosa passed 23 Kobayashi for 12th (second non backmarker pass)

Lap 13 - 24 Glock passed 19 Kovalainen for 17th (backmarker on backmarker)

10 Hulkenberg passed 18 Trulli for 19th (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 17 - 6 Webber passed 16 Buemi for 10th (hopeless backmarker)

10 Hulkenberg passed 19 Kovalainen for 16th (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 19 - 2 Hamilton passed 9 Barrichello for 5th (wow a top 10 pass and third between non hopeless backmarkers)

Lap 22 - 15 Liuzzi passed 16 Buemi for 9th (hopeless backmarker) (the second top 10 pass)

Lap 23 - 9 Barrichello passed 16 Buemi for 10th (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 24 - 11 Kubica passed 22 de la Rosa for 12th (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 25 - 11 Kubica passed 16 Buemi for 11th (hopeless backmarker)

Lap 26 - 10 Hulkenberg passed 19 Kovalainen for 16th (hopeless backmarker)

Total overtakes: 21

Drivers: most overtaking moves: Robert Kubica (6), Nico Hulkenberg (4), Adrian Sutil (3)

Most times overtaken: Heikki Kovalainen (6), Sebastien Buemi (4), Jarno Trulli (3)

Without the new HRT/Lotus/Virgin teams and the new STR (without RBR chassis) there were actually ONLY 3 PASSES and no passing after lap 26.

Witch weren't even necessary as most of them broke down.

This is really as bad as it gets, and before someone mentions the track, watch a the V8 Supercar races from this year. Yes passing is possible on Bahrain.

Once again great job Andres :thbup:

Looking forward to stepping up and giving you guys the offical race report live from Melbourne, Australia for round 2 of the World Championship.

This time nest week I shall be on the ground at Albert Park, getting ready for my first live cross / posts from the track with pictures.

Bah, stop kissing my a## :P

Your report will be better. For starters, youl will actually be there, so you will bring actual experiences and useful info, instead of writing lines and lines of made up crap and colorful BS like I did :lol:

Bah, stop kissing my a## :P

Your report will be better. For starters, youl will actually be there, so you will bring actual experiences and useful info, instead of writing lines and lines of made up crap and colorful BS like I did :lol:

You mean you weren't actually in Bahrain! You scoundral - I never would have guessed.

What did you spend the TF1 $1300 allowance for airfare on then?

Hookers and Vodka no doubt.

Reprobate.

You mean you weren't actually in Bahrain! You scoundral - I never would have guessed.

What did you spend the TF1 $1300 allowance for airfare on then?

Hookers and Vodka no doubt.

Reprobate.

I lost it...at Monopoly. Damn you, Pacific Avenue, you seemed like such a bargain!!!

Give the guy a break. To be fair, it is better than kissing your face :whistling::eekout:

To....obvious....must...not...comment......aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!

:roll:

To be fair, its better than kissing his hair. Oh no I despair, there is none there.

Hm. Maybe I shouldn't go further.

I was going to put the obvious in too, but I thought I'd leave it to somebody else :lol: