Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Australian Grand Prix Thread

Massa, in a Ferrari, isn't. In the end, not so bad for Ferrari, nor for Alonso, but a disappointing finish from a viewers perspective.

Thats because Alonso didn't finish in front of his team mate... :P

Things we learnt from Melbourne.

DO NOT CHANGE TYRES - JUST DRIVE SLOWER

As good a race that was, and entertaining and all for the first 20 laps, once the course was dry enough the same ol same ol reappeared....you can be TWO SECONDS a lap faster than the car infront, BUT YOU CAN STILL NOT PASS!!

The only good races this year will be wet ones. And this is not supposed to be boat racing.

Congrats Jense, good call onto the slicks, but luck played her hand too, and poor call from the team for Hamilton and Webber...why follow Schumacher's move? The guy couldn't even pass Jaime.....COULD NOT PASS being the operative three words there...the fact it was Jaime wasn't really the point, other than he got to walk away from the race going, "oh that old fart...I CAN stay infront of him".

These cars have to go to control wings and control tyres, but let the engines be tweaked again...how long has it been now with the "same" engines...7 years??? Crikey....it just dawned on me...they're trying to make them last as long as Formula Ford 1600 engines, of whom the youngest engine is about 25 years old....hehe.

A fine race in Malaysia = Bore-rain.

And one last thing...why is Robert wearing a hat three sizes too big for his head? Is that a ploy to distract us from his nose????

Why, Massa fought rightly for his place and it earned him a podium???

He was on a Ferrari, besides whatever places he won at the start, he failed to overtake a single car afterwards. Ferrari's strategy seemed to conform with that, better suited for defending position than for attacking. Had they followed a strategy similar from that of RBR/McLaren, the drivers would have had to fight again for position. Alonso might have pulled it. Massa...was lucky to keep the car on the track. It is apodium, of course. And the points are more than enough prize for both FA and FM, but we all know that Massa was driving a defensive race like Kubica, except Kubica was driving one of the worst cars from the "traditional" teams, while Massa is on the all powerful Ferrari. Not the same impression.

Alonso was hit by Button at the start, and climbed from there to 4th. 2nd only to Hamilton in his overtaking displays and better than Lewis on his mix of prudence and balls. He could have easily taken the fight to Kubica, and perhaps close the gap on Button. With worn tires and two speed demons behind (thankfully on a self destructive trip), he was lucky to finish 4th in the end.

Change the f****** rules.

Same all Sh#t unless the weather ****s it up.

Agree.

Just I think our solutions to the problem will differ DOF.

Now for the IRL race in the morning (for me). Me likes these um motorsporty weekends.

Oh - and the Warriors thumped the Broncos too...yay!! Not that any of you would care, but might add to Nathan's misery....hehe :P :P

Your surprisingly bias against Lewis keep getting worse..even though it was not his fault, you are bound to keep pointing fingers at him anyways....

I used to think you are wiser...

No, it's your narrowing view which keeps seeing ghosts where there are none. If you paid more attention instead of just posting "amens" and :clap_3: for every Lewis mention, you would have noticed that I didn't blame Lewis for that incident. I merely pointed that they both were driving to the limit. In that particular situation, it was Webber's fault, but recklessness is the mark of Lewis driving, too, as well as the secret of his success. That is why one of them touching the other's car seemed like a very plausible scenario.

Alonso was hit by Button at the start, and climbed from there to 4th. 2nd only to Hamilton in his overtaking displays and better than Lewis on his mix of prudence and balls. He could have easily taken the fight to Kubica, and perhaps close the gap on Button. With worn tires and two speed demons behind (thankfully on a self destructive trip), he was lucky to finish 4th in the end.

very much what i was thinking. would LH pass FA if Webber didnt hit hamy? possibly, but again imo alonso shown how to drive and defend the position..not like some others did when hamy was passing them.

I didn't watch the race apart from a few of the last laps. After reading your comments I feel I have to watch the replay in a few hours.

No, it's your narrowing view which keeps seeing ghosts where there are none. If you paid more attention instead of just posting "amens" and :clap_3: for every Lewis mention, you would have noticed that I didn't blame Lewis for that incident. I merely pointed that they both were driving to the limit. In that particular situation, it was Webber's fault, but recklessness is the mark of Lewis driving, too, as well as the secret of his success. That is why one of them touching the other's car seemed like a very plausible scenario.

Well..me and Mike do it for fun.....I enjoyed the race even though Lewis didn't win.

He is a racer, and thats how he is supposed to drive.....everyone sings songs of the old era drivers because of their wrecklessness....but when Lewis, or even Sato does it....its called carelessness...Its not just one time I have seen this from you.....Today's fault was clearly Mark's....If you see, there are many drivers on the grid these days who are so called wreckless, or perhaps even more wreckless than Mark and Lewis..

anyways...I always say what I feel...I rather say it out than keep it within me....you can call that careless... :P

I didn't watch the race apart from a few of the last laps. After reading your comments I feel I have to watch the replay in a few hours.

You missed it Alehop......

I know, I woke up and fell asleep before the start.

Thats just p**s poor. Call yourself a fan???? For shame.

Thats just p**s poor. Call yourself a fan???? For shame.

Next time I'll wake up just for the race. I wanted to watch all the previous show on TV and it was probably very boring or I was wrecked. Maybe both things.

I have just finished watching the race, (I recorded it) and I enjoyed what I saw the race was indeed a race of sorts. Now the FIA should look to arrange all the races at the wettest time of the year for the country concerned no exceptions. Without the rain it would have been as boring as Bahrain as indicated by the latter half of the race no one was passing anyone. The racing this time was inconclusive to see if the new regs would liven things up. I thought it interesting that team radio had Alonso having a go at the team, when they tried to pass him information he shouted "I Don't want to know," frustrated I think that his equal team mate would not let him through. Another hot country next week will it be another proccession, I think I will record that as well then I can run it a 4X and get the agony over and done with.

Race day, the main gate as the crowds roll in off the trams from the city.

[IMG]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5927/sl371690.jpg[/IMG]

*shakes head*

I actually applaud Webber for taking a chance and trying to do something you've all been moaning about the past couple of weeks that there isn't nothing of - RACE.

He made a bad call, but at the end of the day he made a decision to go racing. I don't get what the uproar is. And yes, I'd still be saying the same if he'd have hit Button off track.

:unsure:

Have to get a plug in for the sponsors "Clenevent" who do a great job keeping the park clean and tidy all weekend long :naughty:

sl371694.jpg

Awsome pictures mate, thanks a lot! Hope you enjoyed yourself and good job keeping us updated.