Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Mel Gibson Kangaroo Holden Gp Of Australia And Whereabouts

It's 4:20 a.m. here and I am wondering if I would have had more fun just watching my screensaver....and still 13 more laps to go. Please, make something happen. A meteorite. Something.

It's 4:20 a.m. here and I am wondering if I would have had more fun just watching my screensaver....and still 13 more laps to go. Please, make something happen. A meteorite. Something.

roll.gif

Not the best AUS GP but some guys did well. Good.

Please, roll on Malaysia! boat.gif

What a drive from Rosberg, ricciardo,Magnussen,button and Bottas. Well done dan on a steller job. I thoroughly enjoyed the race.

Are you absolutely sure you weren't watching your screensaver? (Do people still have screensavers?). I found it most enjoyable. Even go so far as to say it was interesting.

What do you mean with "people still have screensavers"? I paid good money for this floppy disk with a beautiful screensaver for my Commodore 64.

It shows Bo Derek.

As much as I usually enjoy strategic races over all out races, this one was a little bit too much. Except for Bottas, who seemed to be the only guy racing out there the others looked more like a line of tired drivers coming home. The Trulli train behind Hulkenberg was like 40 minutes of "here we go! now Alonso/Button/Raikkonen will make his move!" and...nothing...Rosberg was easily a second faster than anybody else out there, including, of course, his teammate on his V5 Turbo.

The loss of LH and SB so early in the race also devaluated it a bit in my eyes.

There was tension, yes. But besides Bottas and Button's mix of sheer luck and blinding strategic reflexes, there was less action in the race than in qualy.

Still, I know this was Australia, so I still hope things will improve dramatically over the course of the next races.

Stellar driving from Kev, Jens and Val. Nico had the car everyone wants and no amount of RBR chicanery [if it's true] can undermine Danny the Teeth's performance either.

10a and 10 b are the clinchers, and if as be stated RB were told during the race to comply then they are up the proverbial without a paddle, interpretation is one thing but sticking 2 fingers up when given a instruction in the race is pretty dumb, apparently one team ran at 96% in order to make sure they complied, don't know which one

RBR's case is that the sensor is and has been inaccurate. Is this theirs or very body else's?msn-wink.gif

I,m just waiting for the day RB decide the FIA timing is all wrong and plonk themselves on the front 2 spots after failing to get out of q2errrrrr.gif

Redbull claim that the sensors fitted to Redbull cars BY the FIA were inaccurate so Redbull used there own, that's the problem ATM I think.

Redbull claim that the sensors fitted to Redbull cars BY the FIA were inaccurate so Redbull used there own, that's the problem ATM I think.

Redbull asked the FIA to have the sensor changed after friday because they felt it was not working correctly, the FIA did, then after saturday the FIA said to change the sensor back to the firday sensor becasue the saturday sensor was faulty. The real problem here IMO is that the FIA changed a sensor because it was supposidly fault then required a team to change the replacement sensor BACK to a supposidly fault sensor after the replacement was supposidly faulty. They should have changed to a third new sensor.

Apparently all teams are having problems with the sensors. Apparently the sensor doesn't even measure the flow accurately so the FIA has given it a margin of error. This magin must be fairly large if some teams are running at 96%. so the margin of error could be around +-3%

I think RBR might have more of a case than some people think. The fact that the sensor was changed at the request of RBR by the FIA is a key part here. If a part is suspect it should be replaced like for like. It makes no sene to switch back to a suspect part after it has already been replaced once.

The rules also say that teams own fuel flow readings will be used if the senror is said to be faulty. The fact it was replaced once for being faulty is already enough to call it's readings into question.

Absolutley, worse case scenario, dan should keep his second place and points, just none for Redbull, dan just drove the car, not his fault, they use to use the approach back in the day, seems unfair to punish the driver, just my opinion.

Redbull asked the FIA to have the sensor changed after friday because they felt it was not working correctly, the FIA did, then after saturday the FIA said to change the sensor back to the firday sensor becasue the saturday sensor was faulty. The real problem here IMO is that the FIA changed a sensor because it was supposidly fault then required a team to change the replacement sensor BACK to a supposidly fault sensor after the replacement was supposidly faulty. They should have changed to a third new sensor.

Apparently all teams are having problems with the sensors. Apparently the sensor doesn't even measure the flow accurately so the FIA has given it a margin of error. This magin must be fairly large if some teams are running at 96%. so the margin of error could be around +-3%

I think RBR might have more of a case than some people think. The fact that the sensor was changed at the request of RBR by the FIA is a key part here. If a part is suspect it should be replaced like for like. It makes no sene to switch back to a suspect part after it has already been replaced once.

The rules also say that teams own fuel flow readings will be used if the senror is said to be faulty. The fact it was replaced once for being faulty is already enough to call it's readings into question.

I disagree. RBR have a massive problem in that they ignored the multiple in-race warnings from the FIA regarding fuel flow, irrespective of whether RBR considered the sensor was faulty or not. The offence is not about fuel flow per se, it is about a breach in the rules governing it. I quote the stewards: “That regardless of the team’s assertion that the sensor was fault, it is not within their discretion to run a different fuel flow measurement method without the permission of the FIA.” RBR did not seek or receive that permission. The FIA will not tolerate dissent or arrogance from any team, whoever they are. End off.

But at the end of the day, if the FIA allowed them to replace with a new sensor and not back to the one also declared faulty, it wouldn't have happened, Redbull only disobeyed in fear that the sensor was Incorrect and being rorted out of a good result, if it was a new one they wouldn't need to fear if it was faulty, therefore would have most likely complied with the request, honestly what would you do? Give away a good result in the sense they could be wrong? As if, you'd challenge in hope your correct. Redbull have been shafted IMO, well atleast dan anyway.

If anything I Beleive Ricciardo should keep his second position and 18 points but Redbull don't get anything, no constructors points. As I think it's unfair to punish dan in this as all he did was just drive the car.

Sorry, I can understand your pain as your guy got his day of glory ruined by all this, but I don't think it is that simple. There are two issues here (I am basing my opinions on what is known, of course):

1) The sensor itself: RBR says it was faulty, FIA says it wasn't. Mercedes and Ferrari already said that they had their reservations, but they still accepted the sensors as good. So no much help in that regard. And why would they? If RBR can prove that the FIA homologated sensor was wrong and their readings were accurate, so they didn't actually went over the 100 kg/h limit, then MAYBE, the court of appeal will let DR keep his points.

2) Dissobeying the FIA: that is the most damning fact, and the one that I see harder to avoid. This is why I think that under no circumstances RBR will keep their points, even if DR will. You can't ignore the police stopping you for speeding because you think that your velocimeter is better than their speed meter, even if it actually is. That might save you from getting a speed ticket, but not from being charged for running away from the cops.

Unless there is something else that we don't know, this seems like a serious brainfade from RBR, and one that actually ruined Ricciardo's race, they have nobody else to blame but themselves. And that is assuming that DR didn't gain an unfair advantage. Because if he did then it's even worse...

The other teams heeded the FIA's instructions during the race, RBR did nor. A clear breach of the regs and they will not succeed in an appeal. Ludicrous, perhaps but a certainty.