Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Just How Good Is Daniel Ricciardo?

Coming back to the topic Webric, or should I call u Emcee now? i think the reason u ask yerself this q is u have doubts yerself. Kvyat (who is basically a rookie) has now scored 22 points to Dan 11 in the last 3 races or so. He is basically owning him now.

So I think there is merit in the fact of the Seb excuses. Seeing his fallen hero Schumacher in that condition etc. The fact that he had to adapt from the big downforce diffuser cars to these silly lawnmower ones. Seb will own Dan if they are teammat

es again

Coming back to the topic Webric, or should I call u Emcee now? i think the reason u ask yerself this q is u have doubts yerself. Kvyat (who is basically a rookie) has now scored 22 points to Dan 11 in the last 3 races or so. He is basically owning him now.

So I think there is merit in the fact of the Seb excuses. Seeing his fallen hero Schumacher in that condition etc. The fact that he had to adapt from the big downforce diffuser cars to these silly lawnmower ones. Seb will own Dan if they are teammat

es again

I highly doubt it, the last three races dan has suffered an issue of some sort. Kvyat has been pretty trouble free of late. The last race dan was trouble free was Monaco and that happened to be Kvyats strongest showing so far, yet dan clawed his way back and attempted more points towards the end and played "team player" and handed the spot back when he couldn't. You think seb would do that? Bah no way.

Dan -- WDC = 0, Zero, Zip, Nada, Zilch, Nein, NOTHING

It doesn't mean he's not a great driver, but 3x wins don't make him a legend just yet. Yes he beat Vettel last year, but Vettel is beating him this year. You have ups and you have downs. This might be a down year for Ricci. How will he bounce back for the remainder, or more importantly how will he go next year? I still think he's a better driver than Kvyat. But let him win a WDC or two and then we can talk about how great he is or can be. Right now, he's just another F1 driver with a couple of race wins under his belt. A few more than Maldonado and Kubica. He's better than Maldonado, maybe not quite as good as Kubica, but then again I never thought Kubica was going to be in the Schumi ranks. Maybe up there with DC and Rubens.

I like Dan, I hope he does well, but I sense last year swelled his head a little. Nowhere near as stupid as Maldonado and those idiots that win a race, and then go, yep I'm going to win the title now lol. All drivers have a period where it's tough. This is his chance to improve, get stronger, tougher and come back better for next year.

It doesn't mean he's not a great driver, but 3x wins don't make him a legend just yet. Yes he beat Vettel last year, but Vettel is beating him this year. You have ups and you have downs. This might be a down year for Ricci. How will he bounce back for the remainder, or more importantly how will he go next year? I still think he's a better driver than Kvyat. But let him win a WDC or two and then we can talk about how great he is or can be. Right now, he's just another F1 driver with a couple of race wins under his belt. A few more than Maldonado and Kubica. He's better than Maldonado, maybe not quite as good as Kubica, but then again I never thought Kubica was going to be in the Schumi ranks. Maybe up there with DC and Rubens.

I like Dan, I hope he does well, but I sense last year swelled his head a little. Nowhere near as stupid as Maldonado and those idiots that win a race, and then go, yep I'm going to win the title now lol. All drivers have a period where it's tough. This is his chance to improve, get stronger, tougher and come back better for next year.

Yeah, well said mate.

I would agree with this, I would also say that Dan is better than Daniil, and by a measurable margin, Kvyat's head seems to implode when under serious sustained pressure in the garage, however Dan's present struggles are going a long way to taking that pressure off him for now, ergo his performance relative to Dan has improved.

There is most definitely something in the updates bolted on to that Red Bull that just aren't working for Dan, and the sooner he is able to work out where the issue is, the better.

I would agree with this, I would also say that Dan is better than Daniil, and by a measurable margin, Kvyat's head seems to implode when under serious sustained pressure in the garage, however Dan's present struggles are going a long way to taking that pressure off him for now, ergo his performance relative to Dan has improved.

There is most definitely something in the updates bolted on to that Red Bull that just aren't working for Dan, and the sooner he is able to work out where the issue is, the better.

Pull back the sticker and it will probably read "Renault" lol

The Renault engines are kinda of going ok in the other cars, kind of. But I think it's hurting RBR more than the others as they might have gotten a bit too cleaver in their packaging and engine mapping and all that, and it's just over loading the poor little French darlings. Whereas the other teams aren't going so much into the finer details and thus aren't overloading the engine units as much. Just a hunch obviously with no knowledge if it's true or not.

Pull back the sticker and it will probably read "Renault" lol

The Renault engines are kinda of going ok in the other cars, kind of. But I think it's hurting RBR more than the others as they might have gotten a bit too cleaver in their packaging and engine mapping and all that, and it's just over loading the poor little French darlings. Whereas the other teams aren't going so much into the finer details and thus aren't overloading the engine units as much. Just a hunch obviously with no knowledge if it's true or not.

Very true, the Renault just isn't a happy chappy in the RBR package, has a lot to do with they have their own bespoke layout that Renault had to adapt to, whereas STR designed their car around Renault's reccomendations, though I do think there is a persistent aero imbalance in the RB11.

I'm offended actually.

Lighten up, just trying to have a laugh. Iam not being serious.

I think the ex f1 driver was joking too.

Anyways Nissany would never use the phrase 'accelerating to ridiculous speed!'

But Johnny Herbert might.

I think the ex f1 driver was joking too.

Anyways Nissany would never use the phrase 'accelerating to ridiculous speed!'

But Johnny Herbert might.

Lol yeah, he has to much grip for that.

Its Bernie Ecclestone

That'll be $10,000,000 sir, will it be cash or cheque?

Lighten up, just trying to have a laugh. Iam not being serious.

So was I, no need to fret.

Have to say that this has been giving me a good chuckle

I Beleive he said he "tested" a f1 car and not contested a gp.

Could give us a clue, like what team it was because the test driver list is huge.

So someone once drove an f1 car and is now an ex-f1 driver?

In that sense you could say Max Biaggi used to drive for Ferrari.

So did vale and Tom cruise and sebastien loeb and craig lowndes. How bout james Courtney?